Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Coaster
Forum: Techniques June 29th 10, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Coaster
Door zone

On 6/26/10 9:55 AM, Ned Mantei wrote:
In article
,
Frank wrote:

On Jun 25, 1:29 am,...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 09, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By Coaster
All the Truth You Wanted to Know About so Called 'Global Warming'but Were Afraid to Ask...

Pat Clancy wrote:
On Jul 23, 7:37 am, Coaster wrote:
...is hehttp://cei.org/cei_files/fm/active/0/DOC062509-004.pdf

--

The conflicting claims leave the laymen's...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 09, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

....is he http://cei.org/cei_files/fm/active/0/DOC062509-004.pdf

--
PoZdR
"More experienced cyclists learn to "get light"

BigP wrote:
http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/trail.html

This page (and whole website) seems to be down. Does anyone have a copy of
the excellent article, and can Joshua be contacted to ask...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 09, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Coaster
Oh well, there goes the honey

Tosspot wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Mar 13, 5:38 am, Chris wrote:
On Mar 10, 5:32 pm, "Martin Riddle" wrote:

I always thought...
Forum: Techniques March 15th 09, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 166
Posted By Coaster
Why do so many people still buy road bikes with drop bars butnever ride in the dropped position?

Chalo wrote:
Clive George wrote:
SMS wrote:
It took 25 years for the ten speed fad of the 1970's to play out and for
non-racers to finally admit that it was damn uncomfortable to ride in...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 09, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Coaster
What good does a 'horn' do for a traditional bike seat?

wrote:
On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per TBerk:

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Coaster
Oh well, there goes the honey

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Still Just Me" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:14:40 -0700 (PDT), Andre...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 166
Posted By Coaster
Why do so many people still buy road bikes with drop bars butnever ride in the dropped position?

Chalo wrote:
Bret wrote:
In very rough terrain, such as washboard on a dirt road, you
can hold the drops loosely and get a suspension effect without being
in any danger of losing control...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Coaster
Great Steel Ride Across the Golden Gate Today

SMS wrote:
Rode my steel Montague Urban folding bicycle across the steel, 73 year
old, Golden Gate Bridge today. My son was on a steel Jamis, but my
daughter was on an aluminum Specialized,...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Coaster
Pass-through spokes

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Coaster" wrote: Not completely straight: '[...] The spokes were twice as
long as normal,
and went from the hub, completely through the rim, then back down to the
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Coaster
Pass-through spokes

wrote:
On Mar 4, 7:10 am, "Barry" wrote:
On last Saturday's ride I noticed someone's wheels (I don't remember the
brand) had the nipples at...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Coaster
Which Brooks saddle?

Phil W Lee wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" considered Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:59:53
-0500 the perfect time to write:

Per Andre Jute:
I like the idea of traditional coil springs on my...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Coaster
Which Brooks saddle?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Andre Jute:
I like the idea of traditional coil springs on my seat, though
admittedly I like the idea of suspension by leather hammock alone, if
it works as well...
Forum: Techniques March 2nd 09, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Coaster
Which Brooks saddle?

P. Chisholm wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:16 pm, Andrew Price wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:46:59 -0800 (PST), landotter

wrote:
If you can't get
Forum: Techniques March 2nd 09, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 77
Posted By Coaster
Fixies?

Chalo wrote:
[...]
Fixed gearing, though, is like manual spark advance on cars-- there
were good reasons that it was superseded a long time ago, and there
are no good reasons to consider...
Forum: Techniques March 2nd 09, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Coaster
Which Brooks saddle?

landotter wrote:
On Feb 26, 10:04 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
A writer sits all day. My bum gets awfully tired. When I go on my
bike, I want my bum soothed, or at least not...
Forum: Techniques February 4th 09, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Coaster
OT - Why not 'Buy American'?

Andre Jute wrote:
[....]
When the war
started the Poles were still fighting in the eighteenth century, never
mind the 19th or the 20th.

Dear Andre,

do you think that two decades were enough...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Coaster
Vintage BSA bicycle

M-gineering wrote:
[...] I am aware about modern Magura brakes but when they started
production? I was serching the Web with no success...

I've got a leaflet for the Magura HydroStop...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Coaster
Vintage BSA bicycle

Bernhard Agthe wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Coaster wrote:
Hi, I am serching for any info about 3 speed 'Golden Clubman' vintage
BSA Bicycle (S-A hub's dated 1962) equipped with vintage Magura...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Coaster
Vintage BSA bicycle

Hi, I am serching for any info about 3 speed 'Golden Clubman' vintage
BSA Bicycle (S-A hub's dated 1962) equipped with vintage Magura brakes
(hydraulic levers, hydraulic brakes with fancy pads but...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 08, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Coaster
RIP Sheldon Brown

Tosspot wrote:
Brian Huntley wrote:
On Feb 4, 2:17 pm, James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Coaster
Why two top tubes ?

Coaster wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 25, 6:18 am, Rik O'Shea wrote:
Why two top tubes ?

http://tinyurl.com/37sbwo

They must have given up on...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Coaster
Why two top tubes ?

wrote:
On Oct 25, 6:18 am, Rik O'Shea wrote:
Why two top tubes ?

http://tinyurl.com/37sbwo

They must have given up on the "laterally stiff...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Coaster
Why two top tubes ?

Rik O'Shea wrote: