Clipless pedals no more efficient than flat? by bob prohaska
I found this not-entirely-ancient video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEaN9FKGLE which posits that there's no efficiency gain using clipless (or...
Yesterday 07:19 PM
by Lou Holtman[_5_] Go to last post
8 21 Techniques
Near Miss of the Day 452: Horse box lorry driver's astonishinglyclose pass "scared me sh*tless," says cyclist by Simon Mason[_6_]
Bloody hell - that was close! QUOTE: Here's an astonishingly close overtake on a cyclist, at speed, by the driver of a horse box lorry - leaving the rider who...
Cambridge's Dutch roundabout damaged by hit-and-run driver by Simon Mason[_6_]
Oh the irony - a brand new cyclist's roundabout disabled by a cowardly moron in a car. QUOTE: The UK's first Dutch-style roundabout has had to close for three...
Boris Johnson announces £2 million cycling and walking boost in Hereford by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: While his government's handling of many matters recently has proved divisive to say the least, one thing the Prime Minister often appears to make plenty...
Near Miss of the Day 453: Punishment pass on two-abreast cyclists by Simon Mason[_6_]
What an ignorant tosser this driver is. QUOTE: One of the most common complaints against cyclists that you will read on social media or in the comments section...
TROLLBAIT: Why the rioters aren't kicking in doors in the suburbs by Andre Jute[_2_]
Here's another good one: Andrew Pollack @AndrewPollackFL Guess what wasn’t looted in downtown Chicago this morning? Work boots. -- AJ
Yesterday 05:15 PM
by Tom Kunich[_2_] Go to last post
1 16 Techniques
Alternatives to the old "Flick-Stand" kickstand by [email protected]
On Sunday, August 13, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Cliff Stockdill wrote: You may want to try a short length of velcro strap (hooks and loops on same length),...
Trek BB90 by Tom Kunich[_2_]
When I got my Trek Madone if became rapidly clear why it was so cheap. The bearings in the BB90 were rather loose. Now there are several methods of fixing this...
by Jeff Liebermann Go to last post
24 99 Techniques
Use of brakes by AK[_2_]
Sheldon is an intelligent man, however... I have to disagree with Sheldon about using the front brake 90% of the time. I use both and have never had a "over...
by Roger Merriman[_4_] Go to last post
11 52 Techniques
After child skids into wall on her scooter, are Bath Two Tunnelscyclists and other users of greenway being deliberately targeted with oil? by Simon Mason[_6_]
I hope the sick thugs who vandalised the tunnel are happy now. QUOTE: Cyclists and other users of Bath’s popular Two Tunnels Greenway off-road cycling and...
Man held as cyclist left with serious injuries after ‘hit and run’ in Basildon by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A CYCLIST has been left with potentially life-changing injuries after a “hit and run” crash with a motorbike. A police probe has now been launched...
Swindon schoolteacher brutally attacked by thug in car near Crickladewhile on charity bike ride by Simon Mason[_6_]
More sivk thugs in cars. QUOTE: A school teacher from Swindon was brutally attacked while out on a charity bike ride. Peter James was riding near Cricklade...
Road Funding by Mike Collins
We have heard a lot about Road Tax on this group and how cyclists don't pay it even though Winston Churchill abolished the Road Fund Licence in 1936 I propose...
by Pamela Go to last post
11 40 UK
Cyclist dies a week after Skegness crash by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A cyclist in his 70s has died in hospital a week after he was hit by a car in Skegness near the Clock Tower. The local man was taken to hospital by air...
Tributes pour in for 'absolute gem' cyclist who died in Aberdeenshirehorror crash by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Tributes are pouring in for an 'absolute gem' who died following a horror crash in Aberdeenshire. We told how cyclist, Rikki Gault, passed away after...
"Build it and they will come": Transport Minister promises changes by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Chris Heaton-Harris, the Minister of State for Transport, has promised to address the public's safety fears about cycling after the survey in the...
Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tesco car park by Simon Mason[_6_]
Good verdict for the criminal driver. Love the milkshake wriggle! QUOTE: A driver has been banned for deliberately ramming a cyclist in a road rage attack in a...
Brakes seizing on electric cars? by Commander Kinsey
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 19:16:20 +0100, charles wrote: In article [email protected], Commander Kinsey ...
Yesterday 10:31 AM
by Peter Keller[_3_] Go to last post