Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JWM
Forum: UK May 10th 19, 10:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JWM
New bike advice

I'm still here - Carerra yes that's the Halfords brand

Yes, we're wanting hydraulic disk brakes not cable

Don't want an electric thanks - whole purpose of the thing is exercise. I had one a while...
Forum: UK May 6th 19, 06:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JWM
New bike advice

A female friend of mine wants a new bike

Her current one is from Halfords and is their "own brand" although I can't quite remember the name off the top of my head. She'll want something similar ie a...
Forum: UK June 7th 17, 09:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By JWM
Disk brakes question

It has only happened when the bike has been stored vertically and it's the left/rear brake that's been affected
Forum: UK June 5th 17, 05:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By JWM
Disk brakes question

I've got a bike with hydraulic disk brakes

I've recently taken to storing it vertically using a fancy hook which holds the front wheel and I've noticed that after storage one of the brake levers is...
Forum: UK September 7th 16, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By JWM
Topeak rear pannier rack question

I've just fitted a Topeak rear carrier to my bike, it's one of the ones that has a fitting that allows their own brand bags to slide on from the back and secure with a yellow clip.

The model of rack...
Forum: UK August 16th 15, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By JWM
No ticking from freewheel, is this normal?

I bought a bike from a friend - it's a Marin hybrid, nice and light but it'd had a fair amount of use.

I had it serviced by a bike shop and they replaced the chain and the cogs on the back wheel as...
Forum: UK August 6th 15, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By JWM
Valve question

There's a video for everything these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFfH3kT7tc

Indeed, thanks; after I'd asked I thought of that and found the answers within seconds so have...
Forum: UK August 6th 15, 08:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By JWM
Valve question

Having always had bikes with Schrader valves I've just got a bike with another sort of valve (I've no idea how many other sorts there are.)

The screw thread diameter is a lot slimmer and there's a...
Forum: UK August 26th 14, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By JWM
Bike carrier for 2008 Mondeo

A friend of mine wants a bike carrier for the back of her Mondeo but has been told by a bloke at Halfords that you can't get one for this car as the tailgate and bumper areas involved are made of...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9