Showing results 1 to 25 of 338
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Chung
Forum: Racing April 2nd 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

Bill C wrote:

And some make up a number and then argue to the death defending it.

Is that why we don't see more pictures of Bush with his shoes off??

Here he is trying to count to...
Forum: Racing April 2nd 07, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Robert Chung
My bike club probably shouldn't give me access to the web site

Carl Sundquist wrote:

"Not funny 'ha ha,' funny queer."

Time for the infamous "Team Bus" photo.

www.bikerfox.com

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/bush-carrot.jpg
Forum: Racing April 1st 07, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

Dan Connelly wrote:

I think Coggan talked about doing something like that in the past.
IIRC, he seemed to think the precision was poor.

Allen & Coggan is pre-IBike, but discusses using...
Forum: Racing March 31st 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

Dan Connelly wrote:

A decent wind resistance test, which I saw first mentioned by Robin
Horowitz, should be to run a powertap in conjunction with an iBike. If Crr
is right, the single fitting...
Forum: Racing March 31st 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

Dan Connelly wrote:

I think he claims to have precision -- it's accuracy he lacks.

I'd be surprised if he had much precision. Not only is he going to get
turbulence off the walls, but I'm...
Forum: Racing March 31st 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:11 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=1300

It's remarkably...
Forum: Racing March 31st 07, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Chung
wind tunnel

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=1300

It's remarkably cool what some guys will go through to avoid doing a little
math.
Forum: Racing March 29th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Chung
This so-called record is false considering the number of riders in the Grand Tours

Simon Brooke wrote:
When does a bike ride become a parade?

When the sheriff of Alameda County, California is an asshole.
Forum: Racing March 28th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By Robert Chung
Mr. 64%

benjo maso wrote:
To add something to the complete discussion. "D'Hont said that EPO was
introduced to Telekom in the early 1990s by Uwe Ampler, whose good
results encouraged other riders to...
Forum: Racing March 28th 07, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By Robert Chung
Mr. 64%

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2727

ROTFLMO!!

A bit late to the party? Benjo brought this up a couple days ago-
scroll down...
Forum: Racing March 27th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 32
Posted By Robert Chung
Jef D'Hont

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

I also thought the announcement that Basso rode a Giro while keeping
his hematocrit at a constant level was rather remarkable. The program
implied this is typical of...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Robert Chung
Rain Gear - Recommendation Request ???!!!

Simon Brooke wrote:
Dogfighting wrote:

spring, summer and fall

Actually, seriously, if you're cycling reasonably fast, you don't
need rain gear

Depends. Maybe you can get by with this in...
Forum: Racing March 27th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24

Simon Brooke wrote:
Dogfighting wrote:

spring, summer and fall

Actually, seriously, if you're cycling reasonably fast, you don't
need rain gear

Depends. Maybe you can get by with this in...
Forum: Racing March 25th 07, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Robert Chung
MSR top eight, not following protocol

Finestre wrote:

Moletta? First thing I thought when seeing it: broken leg. It was
pointing at a rather strange angle as he hung upside down, trying to
disentangle himself from the...
Forum: Racing March 24th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Robert Chung
MSR top eight, not following protocol

Kyle Legate wrote:

Petacchi sat up when he saw Freire and Boonen pull away in front of
him. If he kept his head down he would have finished ahead of Zabel.

Well, I should hope so -- but if he...
Forum: Racing March 24th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Robert Chung
MSR top eight, not following protocol

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

Possibly. He's good enough to come off another team's train. I...
Forum: Racing March 24th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Robert Chung
MSR top eight, not following protocol

Jeff Jones wrote:
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "Jeff Jones" wrote:
(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery...
Forum: Racing March 23rd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert Chung
Where's BillC When You Really Need Him

Tom Kunich wrote:

proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they really don't care about the
lives of the common grunt!

and

It's just really good to know that you're so up on all this stuff...
Forum: Racing March 22nd 07, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Robert Chung
Where's BillC When You Really Need Him

Tom Kunich wrote:
It's just really good to know that you're so up on all this stuff and
know a lot more than the Pentagon about what's needed and where.

Alberto Gonzales, last week: "As we can...
Forum: Racing March 21st 07, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 39
Posted By Robert Chung
Contador the New Indurain?

benjo maso wrote:
What about The Angel of the Mountains, The Wolf of the Abruzzi, The
Butterfly of the Andes, The Miracle of the Aubisque, The Divine
Baldy, The Beetle of the Mountains, The...
Forum: Racing March 20th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Robert Chung
Boyer and Madiot, "hopeful", but still "suspicious"

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Mar 20, 5:52 am, "Robert Chung" wrote:

Best placed French rider, 2007: 12th
Best placed French rider, 2006: 12th

French...
Forum: Racing March 20th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Robert Chung
Boyer and Madiot, "hopeful", but still "suspicious"

Keith wrote:
It looks like there's something they know that we don't ?

Best placed French rider, 2007: 12th
Best placed French rider, 2006: 12th

French riders in top 20, 2007: 4
French riders in...
Forum: Racing March 19th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.skeptic,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 90
Posted By Robert Chung
Einstein played dice with the universe

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"Androcles" wrote in message

Where a jacket like this, do you?
Forum: General March 19th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.skeptic,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 72

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"Androcles" wrote in message

Where a jacket like this, do you?
Forum: Techniques March 18th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Robert Chung
what's a power meter worth

Bill Westphal wrote:
BTW, it's not a matter of getting more training in less time [...],
but can be the difference between ineffective, or worse, destructive
and badly designed training or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 338