Showing results 1 to 25 of 244
Search took 2.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Cassel
Forum: Techniques August 10th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Paul Cassel
Where to clamp bike to work on it?

jim beam wrote:

rather than expressing the opinion of "your friend", why don't you do
some homework and express your own?

Take you own advice. I still have not seen your reply to Carl's...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 08, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Paul Cassel
Where to clamp bike to work on it?

wrote:

Dear Jim,

I take it that you don't know of any blind testing, with the posts
wrapped with tape, in which riders notice any difference between seat
posts.
Forum: Techniques August 8th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Paul Cassel
Where to clamp bike to work on it?

wrote:

I also have an Al frame and thought a carbon seatpost the way to go. I
got a USA Alien and found no difference in the ride AT ALL. I think the
idea of carbon being softer...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Cassel
need help with loosening handle bar

Zonta wrote:
Hi
I have picked up an old mountain bike and wanted to adjust the handle
bar height, it is held down by an M6 hexagonal socket head screw, I've
tried using M6 hexagonal keys to...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Cassel
Newbie wants to raise the handle bars.....

Twitchell wrote:
There are two large nuts holding the handle bar to the frame. To raise the
handle bar, I assume I just loosten the top nut or bottom nut or both. I
loostened the top one but...
Forum: Techniques May 16th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Cassel
New he Electric bicycle question

johns wrote:
I'm reading everything I can find on bicycles with electric motors.

What I want to build is this:

- I don't want to add more than 12 pounds to the bike.

- I don't want...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

Nate Nagel wrote:
Paul Cassel wrote:

I do get your point, though - there are so many bikes on the market for
various racing purposes, but try to find a *quality* bike that is just a
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

What pushes me into changing clothes for a commute is less about the
bike, and more about either sweating or wearing out the crotches of nice
pants.

The...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

DougC wrote:
Paul Cassel wrote:

You should look at the RANS crank-forward bikes, specifically the "crank
forward" models. These are the bikes that Electra Townies wish they were
born...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

Lou Holtman wrote:

Here in The Netherlands the roads are swarmed with those comfortable
bikes especially this holiday weekend. The weather is fantastic for
riding bike. Live is good.
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Can you be more specific? Is this a feet-forward bike like some
Electras, or is it a full-on cruiser bike that looks like a
reincarnation of a 1950s...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cassel
Comfortable Bikes

My daughter is now 15. She used to be a rather enthusiastic rider mostly
as a daddy / daughter activity. She even competed in a few criteria (?).
However around the time she turned 13, she faded...
Forum: Racing March 17th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
RIP
Posted By Paul Cassel
RIP

Dan Gregory wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?o=1&f=/c/a/2008/03/16/MNFJVKPDS.DTL

Friend and work associate of my wife was killed recently. She and he
were among the bicycle...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 08, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Cassel
Sheldon's Memorial Celebration

Peter Cole wrote:
I attended Sheldon Brown's memorial celebration last Sunday.

Thanks for the virtual 'being there' post. Yeah, we're all gonna miss
the guy for a long time coming.

-paul
Forum: Techniques February 18th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Paul Cassel
Impotence and bicycle riding

Thanks, Diane. That was what I was looking for.

-paul
Forum: Techniques February 18th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Paul Cassel
Impotence and bicycle riding

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Paul Cassel:
He said
sometimes in very dedicated bicycle riders, it can be long term too, but
it's not a common among hobbyists.

There have been several...
Forum: Techniques February 17th 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Paul Cassel
Impotence and bicycle riding

Jay wrote:
"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
OK, I have heard that some male bicyclists suffer from...
Forum: Techniques February 17th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Paul Cassel
Impotence and bicycle riding

OK, I have heard that some male bicyclists suffer from impotence. I'm
unsure if it's permanent, but when asking my buddy, the ex semi pro
racer about this, he told me that there is a nerve which...
Forum: Techniques February 17th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Cassel
Carbon Fiber Frame

Colin Campbell wrote:

On the other hand, I have a friend who is absolutely horrified by the
prospect of removing the wheels from his bike,

How does he fix a flat?
Forum: Techniques February 16th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Cassel
Straw poll: front brake lever position.

Michael Press wrote:
Would you all report the position of your front brake lever:
left or right? Thanks.

Right

Right to match our motorcycles.
Forum: Techniques February 7th 08, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Paul Cassel
brain drain at rbt...

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Slowly but surely, the true brains of rbt are going away. I'm sure some
day I'll see someone will write a "how do you fix this" question, and
the only coherent...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Paul Cassel
RIP Sheldon Brown

James Scott wrote:
I'm sorry to say that Sheldon Brown died last night. The Harris
Cyclery website has been updated to reflect the news. (http://
sheldonbrown.com/harris/).

Farewell,...
Forum: UK February 2nd 08, 12:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Cassel
Another cyclist attacked..

naked_draughtsman wrote:

Cheshire Constabulary spokeswoman Jacqui Hanson said: "The victim was
struck on the head with a stick and what was believed to be an iron
bar causing
him to lose...
Forum: Social Issues January 29th 08, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Cassel
84-Year-Old Woman Whacks Red-Light-Running Cyclist with Handbag

wrote:
84-Year-Old Woman Whacks Red-Light-Running Cyclist with Handbag

Quite amusing. I wonder if it'd be as amusing if I got off my bike and
punched some old lady for...
Forum: Techniques January 4th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Cassel
bike stolen; more questions (about wheels, etc)

Scott Gordo wrote:

I've found two bikes that had been stolen from me here in NYC.

and I once recovered a motorcycle stolen from me. The issue isn't if the
stolen goods still exist and are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 244