Showing results 1 to 25 of 252
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Klaas Bil
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Klaas Bil
Buying that first 36er

Everything Joe said, and then some:

monocyclism;1170932 wrote:
Can anyone comment on the tyre profile – is the Nimbus Nightrider
tyre good?

I don't have a Nightrider myself but I've...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

munirocks;1170814 wrote:
The second seat would probably look very strange.

Here's a unicyclist afraid of looking strange.:D

--
Klaas...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Just thinking: would there be merit in having two seats at the same
time? A bike seat in the rear and a unicycle seat in the usual location?
And then some short handlebars in front? The latter would...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167888 wrote:
As for the lower centre of gravity argument....I just went for another
ride on the T7 T-frame set-up, and I'm 100% sure it correct.

I can't argue with your personal...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

turtle;1167867 wrote:
@gizmo: do you never sleep?

I'm sure Ken has a subscription to this thread, and that somehow he
found a way to have the emails sent to his cell phone at any time of the
day...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Klaas Bil
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

Unicorn;1167572 wrote:
I do like Saskatch's beer suggestion. I like doing what i call the two
beer test - I learn a new skill and then if I can still do it
consistently after two beers I feel...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

naturequack;1167074 wrote:
The "T" frame seems like a reasonable approach to finding the extended
handlebar solution. My concern with it would be that same as I have
with the T7. Is the "T"...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167028 wrote:
ARggghhhhh!!!!

That explains it. The worst browser ever. Even for Microsoft.

Get Opera or Firefox :)

Firefox yes, but only when I have a new PC. This one has...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

gizmoduck;1167024 wrote:
i don't know what browser you're using klaas, or why my website looks
screwy on it :p

IE6. For the 6 or 8 tutorial pages I just checked, only this one gives
this...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Klaas Bil
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1166952 wrote:
I've modified the article on Adventure Unicyclist. It reads alot better
than my first post

Maybe, but there is room for improvement, see partial screenshot.

Other...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By Klaas Bil
Best Photos of 2008

MUni parking lot, they didn't fit in the bike slots. This was during the
reconnaissance for an organised regional MUni meet. I also have a
version with about 18 unicycles (during the actual meet) but...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Klaas Bil
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

monocyclism;1160752 wrote:
As a learner myself I am in no position to offer you the sort of advice
that more experienced riders have at their fingertips

Don't make yourself smaller than you...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Klaas Bil
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

McNerdius;1159601 wrote:
Not to be a retard, but i read everywhere "typically, it takes 10-15
hours of practice to learn to unicycle" But what does that mean ?
Level 1 skills ? 5 revs ? I...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Klaas Bil
Mapping Distance Rides

Eroick;1160332 wrote:
Hey, I just wrote a little thing on some mapping services'over here'
(http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/index.php?blog=8). It covers two
services: MapMyRide and Gmaps...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Klaas Bil
How to properly set up a uni

Tiki Pirate;1157553 wrote:
If more than two bolts or screws hold the same piece down/together
*don't* tighten one all the way then the others.

Very good post by Tiki Pirate. Take all issues...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Klaas Bil
How to properly set up a uni

johnfoss;1157165 wrote:
On pedal or crank with "R" you unscrew normally. On the "L" side you
turn the other way. If unsure, start gently before applying excessive
amounts of force.

And just...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Klaas Bil
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

harper;1156312 wrote:
Fall up rather than down. There's usually less stuff to hit that way.

Watch out for the full moon though. That thing is darn heavy.

--
Klaas...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Unigurd;1155374 wrote:
tests should be 'here'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)

Newsgroup users can only post in the RSU forum.

--
Klaas...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 08:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

rui;1154426 wrote:
PS: How do I change the topic title to: "SOLVED" or something?

You can't. You just stop posting to a thread (unlike I do now:)) and it
will gradually fade into oblivity....
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Klaas Bil
Help Needed: Off centered HUB

Rui, in this case the problem was in your bearing apparently. It could
also have been in your wheel itself like you assumed initially. If the
wheel is not wobbling but it is biased towards one side,...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Klaas Bil
Bunny cycle

johnfoss;1153252 wrote:
Are you shopping for a twelve foot tall unicycle, or just having trouble
with the Shift key? Okay I looked at the site and it's the latter.

It's not the latter, as he's...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Klaas Bil
New KH touring handle

GizmoDuck;1154147 wrote:
Nooo!!!!!! Kris, don't make yet another silly long handlebar sticking
out from the post/seat/frame. It's been done before (many many times)
and all the designs have...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Klaas Bil
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

Yobiker;1152512 wrote:
I really wish Kris Holm would make a 26in uni!

I wouldn't bother too much about the 24 vs 26 difference. Put cranks on
a 24" that are one notch shorter and it is about as...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Klaas Bil
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

zogola;1152890 wrote:
Does it take a long time for the lessons to become ingrained enough to
be second nature when you are about to eat it? Do the lessons still
help with the sometimes...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Klaas Bil
Spoke through leg=pain

One on one;706422 wrote:
spoken leg

If you put that in quotes in Google, this thread is in fact the top
result, and - as far as I could see - the only result at all with this
meaning. Good...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 252