Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 5.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nigel Cliffe
Forum: UK October 21st 08, 09:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
I'm leaving now

Colin Reed wrote:
"Brendan Halpin" wrote in message
I'm happy enough now -- all the worst trolls plonked, much less troll
Forum: UK October 20th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 131
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Third class citizens

BrianW wrote:
Ah, excellent, another "two types of ..." argument from Doug. Are the
two types of 4x4 actually distinct, or can one turn in to the other
depending on where it is used? What...
Forum: UK October 20th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Am I being a snob? Why shouldn't I buy a "cheap" bike?

Peter Clinch wrote:
MatSav wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
...[a] Steel [frame] still has...
Forum: UK October 9th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Super Galaxy 2008 vs 725-based tourers

Ian Jackson wrote:
So I've been window[1] shopping for a new bike, after my poor old
Randonneur got trashed as I reported before. I seem to be heading
towards the Super Galaxy, which is a snip...
Forum: UK October 9th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Bike frame size

Rick Savery wrote:
Hello
Could someone advise me please about frame geometry.
I have an inside leg of 31" and am 5'11"
I have always chosen a frame size that does not involve me banging my
Forum: UK October 1st 08, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
bike rack for ladies bikes

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Peter Clinch wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
as per subject really, my wife to be has a nice giant
hybrid/shopping etc bike, getting it on the boot bike rack is
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Upright Recumbent?

Rachel Grier wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.

However, I saw this website - http://www.day6bicycles.com. Maybe
what I am looking for is a laid back upright rather than an...
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 10:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
new toy

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I have a new toy, an iPhone 3G. So I have downloaded TrailGuru,
which is SFP, and I'll see if that works.

Maybe the GPS thingy will work, too, and I'll be able...
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 09:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Upright Recumbent?

Rachel Grier wrote:
I know it is a contradiction in terms but can anyone recommended a
sort of upright recumbent - the uprightest there is. I really want a
recumbent but the idea of being as...
Forum: UK September 30th 08, 09:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Replacing a cycle computer

Tom Anderson wrote:
Evening all,

As i was riding home last night, my computer came adrift from its clip
socket thing and went on a trip of its own across the road. It was a
Cateye Enduro 8,...
Forum: UK September 27th 08, 07:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Reaching all my gears.

Phil Cook wrote:
Neil Smith wrote:
What you say seems very reasonable but to replace a new derailleur
to replace a new derailleur ? any other solutions?

It's not the derailleur mechanism...
Forum: UK September 24th 08, 08:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Hub dynamo and wheel component advice

Theo Markettos wrote:
A friend's interested in getting a wheel with built-in hub dynamo.

- Hubs: Shimano hub direct current generator DH3N710

In an old thread here someone said that now the...
Forum: UK September 22nd 08, 12:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
M48 cyclepath

Chris Malcolm wrote:
Paul Boyd wrote:
On 21/09/2008 15:15, JNugent said,

I take it that they also avoid the toll (assuming one is payable by
motor-cyclists)?

Forum: UK September 17th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Cycle to work (tax-free bikes) scheme - bike shops????

Paul Rudin wrote:
Paul Rudin writes:

You don't need to sign up with anyone in particular, or only have a
limited range of suppliers do you?

This has prompted...
Forum: UK September 16th 08, 02:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport
Replies: 36
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
thread killing

wrote:

I had a good look at the Wikipedia article last night. Very
comprehensive article and interesting 'user additions'. Not sure I
agree that the recumbent...
Forum: UK September 13th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
SPD for starters

dkahn400 wrote:
On 12 Sep, 12:31, "Nigel Cliffe" wrote:

5) Tension. After using them for around a decade, I still have the
tension fairly slack. Don't seen the need for...
Forum: UK September 12th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 249
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Safety in Numbers

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:24:41 +0100, "PK" said
in :

So the BMW was, about 85/90cm from your...
Forum: UK September 12th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
SPD for starters

Colin Reed wrote:
Hi

Currently I still ride all three of my bikes with flats. I'd like to
try out SPDs to see how I fare with them, and would start on my
"regular" bike, which is a hybrid....
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 432
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Run into from side by red light jumper

Ian Jackson wrote:
In article ,

Sorry to hear of the accident, I hope the injuries are slight and temporary.

Closer inspection of bike (that is, inspection...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Velib coming to London!

spindrift wrote:
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/80000-bikes-for-london-13326

Summat like a 17% INCREASE IN CYCLING IF ALL BIKES ARE USED.

How old is that article ?
Even living in the...
Forum: UK September 11th 08, 03:47 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 432
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Run into from side by red light jumper

_ wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:33:11 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:37:35 -0700 (PDT), "
said in
Forum: UK September 9th 08, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
A pain in the bum

aigle_de_la_route wrote:
In article ,
Tom Crispin wrote:

On the 13th May this year my new Brooks saddle...
Forum: UK September 9th 08, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
happiness is a childback tandem

wrote:
At least my daughter thinks so...

Hi all... Long-time users may remember me; I posted here alot until
about 5.5 years ago, when I had my first child, Ellen. Now she...
Forum: UK September 5th 08, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Hebrides tour TR

Peter Clinch wrote:
What we did on our holidays...

http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/sohi1.htm

Might add an equipment supplement at some point, as we changed kit to
be more...
Forum: UK September 3rd 08, 09:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 89
Posted By Nigel Cliffe
Useless driver of the month

Paul Boyd wrote:
Alan Braggins said the following on 02/09/2008 13:25:
(Cayenne is 5, Multipla is 2. Winner is the General Motor's Aztek,
which I'd never heard of, but I can't argue with its...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500