Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: poofengle
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By poofengle
listening to iPod whilst riding uni...ear phones jerk out :S

Yeah, I just snake it through my shirt then tuck the rest of the cord
into my pocket. Works like a charm

--
poofengle

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. But set a man on fire
and...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By poofengle
Any Coloradans out there?

Cool site, I'll tell my friends about it

Edit: as of now, I make up a full 16% of the forum posts on the
site lol

--
poofengle

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. But set a man...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By poofengle
How do i paint my uni

I did this with painters tape and spray paint, and it came out really
well. Perhaps you could use painters tape to make a cool design.

Another thing, I agree with maestro's tutorial completely in...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By poofengle
3-speed Unicycle

Here's some pictures of a custom built 10 speed unicycle, and 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/64dqlb)'s a link to the page I found it...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By poofengle
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

25? That's the perfect weather for me. I love it cuz you don't overheat
:)

I usually wear a hoodie if it's below 20. Sometimes if its snowing out
i'll bust out a hat, but generally I just wear my...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By poofengle
i need help urgently about my seat

1-wheeled-grape;1130084 wrote:
It's not always the best idea to buy an new one if you can fix it
:rolleyes:

+1
I love fixing stuff and taking things apart, it always gets me excited
to take...
Forum: Unicycling November 12th 08, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By poofengle
What do you do come winter?

unibikeling;1129587 wrote:

I live for the days of 0F, the air is so still and dry, its just
amazing. Especially when your on the hill skiing when no ones around...
ahh, cant wait til we get...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By poofengle
Post Your Unis Here!

I did this with spray paint on a CO2 bottle I have.

[image:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z113/poofengle/44rffvadvs.jpg]

I've been thinking about doing something similar to my DX, probably...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 08, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By poofengle
Boy did I just get yelled at

What ever happened to the good 'ol slap up side the head? If your kid
messes up and instead of teaching them of their mistake, you blame
someone else, what will they grow up like? I can just...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By poofengle
A warning on pipe-cutters

A fast arm with a hacksaw can get through a seatpost in about 1-2 mins,
depending on how concerned you are with perpendicular cuts. This leaves
no flaring, and any burrs that occur can be filed off...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By poofengle
The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

So while I was cokering at top speed, I started to feel a tug at my shoe
and I knew exactly what was about to happen. I'd gotten my shoelace
caught before, but never on my coker and never going top...
Forum: Unicycling September 4th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By poofengle
Super comfortable Saddles?

sockmonster wrote:
More important than the saddle, I found, is the clothing. Get a nice
pair of bike shorts. They make any saddle more comfortable.

+1

I went to winter park this weekend (a...
Forum: Unicycling August 1st 08, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By poofengle
Level 11 Competition

If one were to unispin or crankflip while "jerking the johnson" or
"flogging the log", there needs to be a way to distinguish this special
variety of trick.

This would be too hard with 2 people...
Forum: Unicycling July 30th 08, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By poofengle
Level 11 Competition

So, if I can find a female unicyclist, befriend her, and get her to
agree to attain "level 11 status" then I will most definitely enter
this competition ha ha

Anyone happen to know someone like that...
Forum: Unicycling July 6th 08, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By poofengle
Mountain biking as a way to get back in shape for muni?

Near my house there's a bmx track and I love going there to work out and
have fun. Since the track's not angled downhill and there's jumps to go
over and everything, it's real good for your legs and...
Forum: Unicycling June 29th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By poofengle
Easy Tricks

It seems like you're going more towards street, so I'd try learning to
unispin once you're comfortable with balance and hopping. I'd also
learn to stall on things, ride backwards (for finishing spin...
Forum: Unicycling June 12th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By poofengle
Mounting a 29"

Suicide mounts on 36ers are fun (but somewhat scary if you fall)

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about...
Forum: Unicycling June 12th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By poofengle
A 29 or a 36 for distance uni'n ?

oneisenough wrote:

anyone on here this short and have a coker? i want to get a distance
uni but i dont want to get one untill i can fit a 36er.

I'm about 5'4" and I fit pretty well on...
Forum: Unicycling June 12th 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By poofengle
RTL - Shaved legs?

unicyclist.ca wrote:
Maybe I will half commit and only shave one leg, or shave from my ankle
to halfway up my shin.

Or you could do like my friend Brian did and shave a checkerboard into
your...
Forum: Unicycling June 7th 08, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By poofengle
Ever shot a firearm while riding a unicycle??

Ha, I've never been to a shooting range with my unicycle (well, i have
but its always been in the trunk of my car), but I'd assume a pistol's
recoil wouldn't affect much, seeing as it's all in the...
Forum: Unicycling May 30th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By poofengle
Multi-Wheeled unicycles

I'm pretty sure there was somebody on a 2 wheeler at MUni Fest in 2007.
It was really cool to watch him ride :) A bit of a thread jack, but
how much would two extensions cost? (so I could ride...
Forum: Unicycling May 30th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By poofengle
BC plates arrive tomorrow!

I need to get better at BC wheel. I've had one for several months now,
but I just haven't ridden it enough to get good. I can go down the
sidewalk for about thirty feet, but then I fall or run out...
Forum: Unicycling May 28th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By poofengle
i jumped 5 stairs yesterday

MuniAddict wrote:
Did you do a 90 degree forward twist and roll out? If not, you should
try that it makes it a lot easier on you and your uni.

+1
It's alot easier to land a jump like that if...
Forum: Unicycling May 22nd 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By poofengle
BC wheel assembly

I just threw the washer into the mix, and whenever I take the nuts off I
end up switching it around in some way or another. It doesn't really
affect anything, just put the platform on then a nut to...
Forum: Unicycling May 21st 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By poofengle
History of Extreme Unicycling

Unicycling had its overall start when daredevils riding penny farthings
would try and see how far they could ride without the back wheel
touching the ground. Finally, someone got the idea of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64