Showing results 1 to 25 of 344
Search took 1.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Forum: UK July 10th 09, 01:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.transport
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

jms wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:52:04 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

Nuxx Bar wrote:
So advocating legal restrictions on cyclists, for reasons of...
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 02:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

jms wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:20:51 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

snip

A thread started by someone who wanted to clear all cyclists off the
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 12:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Ian wrote:

Perhaps I, as an interested observer of all these shenannigans, and an
ocassional cyclist, might point out, for example, that many "serious"
cyclists abhor cycle paths, whereas I...
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
One man and his stage (SPOILERS)

Simon Brooke wrote:
On 8 July, 23:50, Danny Colyer wrote:
On 08/07/2009 22:26, Simon Brooke wrote:

I LOVE breakaway riders - they are the people who set races...
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
ALAN BRAGGINS

Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://armb.livejournal.com/

It's really interesting, and correspondingly has loads of comments.

Interesting,
3peaks while skylarks sing,
impressed.

--
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 10:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7

Judith M Smith wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 21:35:02 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

Nuxx Bar wrote:
WHY did you remove my comments from your LiveJournal?...
Forum: UK July 7th 09, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 65
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

D.M. Procida wrote:

One of the few riders who had obviously kept his wits about him was
interviewed on TV, and he was saying that when you see a turn coming up,
it doesn't take a rocket...
Forum: UK July 7th 09, 12:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 65
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Minor pedantry was Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

POHB wrote:
Roger Thorpe
...you had the whole damn thing all wrong/
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...

First Hawkwind, now Jethro Tull. Have you been going through my...
Forum: UK July 7th 09, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 65
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

A.Lee wrote:
mileburner wrote:

"A.Lee" wrote in message
mileburner...
Forum: UK July 7th 09, 10:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 65
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Minor pedantry was Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

Keitht wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
It was carnage, but fortunately no-one was seriously
hurt (some bruised pride, perhaps).

Carnage usually involves a lot of the red stuff - one...
Forum: UK July 2nd 09, 04:58 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

jms wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:26:36 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

snip

If Dave Larrington chose to go off on one about
the local...
Forum: UK July 2nd 09, 08:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 404
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Time, ladies and gentlemen, please. was: Ramming

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Keitht wrote:

Confuses them at first but happy to see cyclists aknowledging that not
all truck drivers are murderers of prostitutes.

My dad...
Forum: UK July 2nd 09, 08:22 AM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Disappointed.
I was hoping for loon pants in lycra with a V seam at the knee.

--
Roger Thorpe

....you had the whole damn thing all wrong/
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...
Forum: UK July 1st 09, 04:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
It's not just cyclists who get abuse hurled at them

mileburner wrote:
There were major hold-ups today due to temporary lights on a busy junction
with a 3-way phase.

I got chatting to one of the workmen while waiting for the lights to change....
Forum: UK June 30th 09, 02:14 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Alas, poor Usenet (was 2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroupuk.rec.cycling.moderated)

Wm... wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:14:39
uk.net.news.config jms

Wm:
Is jms *really* this dumb?

Please try...
Forum: UK June 30th 09, 12:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 404
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Ramming Critical Mass.

francis wrote:
On 30 June, 11:37, Bumble Bee wrote:
* mileburner wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Alas, poor Usenet (was 2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroupuk.rec.cycling.moderated)

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 01:23:19 -0700 (PDT), Simon Brooke
wrote:

On 28 June, 23:23, Marc wrote:

How do you...
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 03:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Eating before a time trial: thoughts

Happi Monday wrote:
bugbear wrote:

How long do you warm up for - I found when I was TT'ing (started, stopped
long ago...) I wasn't warming up enough, mistakenly thinking I was
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Former world champ killed by car while training

Simon Brooke wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/5220-former-world-champ-killed-car-while-training
More information here

http://www.mosnews.com/sports/2009/06/26/stagurskayaaccident/

The driver of...
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 08:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Tyre Pressure.

Ian Smith wrote:

OK. Modelling balloons selected

When I read that I thought they might be for ladies on the catwalk.
Imagine my surprise when clicked on the links and realised they were for...
Forum: UK June 26th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Geoff Berrow wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:19:57 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

The evidence is also that Wm Tarr is a serial ****wit who thinks...
Forum: UK June 26th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Steve Firth wrote:
But whatever the complicating factors, the root cause was one cyclist
choosing to ignore a red light.

This will *definitely* result in a pointless argument about 'root cause'...
Forum: UK June 26th 09, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Steve Firth wrote:
Mark wrote:

Bringing up the Kiera Coultas case is disingenuous.

No it's not.

We've been here before.
Let's just assume that no...
Forum: UK June 25th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 357
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
Another car hits wall. Nowhere is safe from these insane drivers.

Tony Dragon wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrote:
Couldn't we just invoke some sort of "law of reasonableness" here?

The motorist should take reasonable measures to protect themselves,the
Forum: UK June 25th 09, 03:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,590
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_6_]
2nd RFD: create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Steve Firth wrote:

Guy even recommends against it when it's legal for heavens sake.
However, he does claim to understand why people, including children
may do it.

i.e. He condones...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 344