Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 3.14 seconds.
Forum: Rides August 13th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Car making a left turn in front of me

wrote:
If you ride very much in the city, and you obey traffic laws, this
sooner or later happens.
SNIP

Today's Driver From Mars experience, for me, was the 1d10t who made...
Forum: General August 13th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 22

wrote:
If you ride very much in the city, and you obey traffic laws, this
sooner or later happens.
SNIP

Today's Driver From Mars experience, for me, was the 1d10t who made...
Forum: Racing August 5th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
First offense lifetime ban for dopers is needed now....!!

wrote:
The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to...
Forum: General July 22nd 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Fatties don't fit fine, evidently.

Dear Gooserider:
You might have gotten a bum frame -- what does Surly/QBP say about
this issue?

Gooserider wrote:
I recently had a new Surly Pacer built up with a group from...
Forum: Racing July 15th 07, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Take THAT Dr. Fuentes!

Dear RBRists:
While VS was broadcasting about forty minutes at the end of
yesterday's Tour de France coverage (stage 7, no spoilers) I was flat
on my back donating two units of platelets and a side...
Forum: Racing June 12th 07, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Vandenbroucke

Callistus Valerius wrote:
The 32-year-old cyclist was taken to the hospital Wednesday after slitting
his wrists.

And they say doping is a victimless crime..

I'm with you on that one, CV....
Forum: General June 10th 07, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
I have similar problem with the bike. for big guyz

Hello Big Guy:
Co-Motion makes a model for the heavier rider:
http://www.co-motion.com/mazama.html
Alternately, the heavy guy in my regular riding group fit 40-spoke
tandem hubbed wheels on a...
Forum: Racing June 10th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
It's April 1st again!

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , RonSonic
') wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:58:32 +0100, Simon Brooke...
Forum: Racing June 9th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Blood Values

Dear Mountain Flower:
wrote:
The day before yesterday I did my yearly visit to the vampires. I
usually try to go for June 11th since that is the anniversary of my
Forum: General June 9th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Blood Values

Dear Mountain Flower:
wrote:
The day before yesterday I did my yearly visit to the vampires. I
usually try to go for June 11th since that is the anniversary of my
Forum: Racing June 3rd 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
The Latest Polgar Attack

Steve Taylor wrote:
SNIP
Yea! He was staring at a chess board 6 hours a day! What are you on?

I kind of prefer Koltanowski -- he took on forty people at the same
time -- playing...
Forum: Racing May 28th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 71
Posted By [email protected]
So who started it all with EPO ?

wrote:
SNIP

I wonder, is there enough genuine clinical need for EPO to warrant
sales of three billion?

If not, are the pharmaceutical giants complicit in the doping of
Forum: Racing May 28th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
The UCI is going to need a "Penal Colony" team.

Dear rbr-ers:
The way things are going, if the UCI gets a load of current pro
riders to 'fess up, they're going to need a "penal colony" team. "Come
clean, implicate the enablers, give up the...
Forum: Racing May 28th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Ullrich admits all. Accuses Armstrong of drug use.

Michael Press wrote:
In an astounding turn of events, Jan "Der Jan" Ullrich
admitted to taking drugs to further his racing career.
~Yes, I took them all: amineptine, mesocarb,
amphetamine,...
Forum: Racing May 7th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Hammer falls on Valverde in Puerto

Dear Keith:
Keith wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may07news

'VALV.' is allegedly Valverde and 'PITI' is the name of his dog that
Spanish newspapers confirmed,...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 07, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Non-goathead hazard

Yesterday's ride, on the path, RIGHT after about two dozen cyclists in
Clyclo-Vets jerseys came down the path the other way, I NEARLY rolled
over a, ok, it was only about two feet long, garter snake...
Forum: Racing February 25th 07, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
UCI vs ASO

Hiya:
I would have thought the UCI, the three Grand Tour companies and
yes, even the Rider's Union would have had more sense, more humility
and more interest in the long-term best interests of the...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
botts dots

Claire wrote:
SNIP

And then, I'd like to think of something cool to do with them. Ideas?

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Forum: Racing February 14th 07, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What bike to buy??

wrote:
On Feb 13, 12:47 pm, "new2cycle" wrote:
SNIP
I'm looking for a bike (actually my 2nd)and I have a local bike shop that
I'm drawn too. ...
Forum: Racing February 12th 07, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
LeMond Looks Good!

Dear KG:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
SNIP
Dumbass -

That would be an infinitely better way for him to be in the public eye
than the lameass **** he's been doing for the last 4 years.

Forum: General February 11th 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By [email protected]
Customer had a problem with our service

Dear Mike:
SNIP
He replied that wasn't a problem because he doesn't use cassettes anymore,
just CDs. And he was serious. He went on to say that he planned to ride the
same chain until it...
Forum: Racing February 11th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
LeMond Looks Good!

Dear Race Fans:
Greg LeMond is the honorary chairperson of the American Diabetes
Association's Tour de Cure. And he looks fit, tanned and rested. My
guess is that in the past two or three years he...
Forum: General December 16th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By [email protected]
Riding and weight loss?

Set wrote:
SNIP
OK typical eating when doing strict LC is one cup steak cubes for
breakfast, hburger on lettuce for lunch, chicken, burger or fish for
dinner, with one side dish of veggies. No...
Forum: General December 13th 06, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Cycling in San Diego

Hello!
wrote:
Can anybody recommend any routes for cycling in the San Diego area. A
friend and I are planning to spend a week in San Diego between Dec 24
and 31 and would...
Forum: General December 10th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
What's your best road find of the year?

wrote:
How about an AlphaSmart 2000 IrDA? No, I didn't find one this year, but
I've turned a truck mud flap into a cat flap -- for the door of the
room where the litter box...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59