Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Forum: Techniques October 4th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
pump head leaks on presta valves

Ive got a serfas fmp-500 floor pump, which is built like a truck and
pumps very well. I use it on my schraeder valves, and everything is
great. But when I put the pump head on a presta valve, it...
Forum: Techniques September 28th 08, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Dragging the wheel sucker

On Sep 27, 4:08*pm, "Philip Holman" wrote:
wrote in message

On Sep 27, 12:23...
Forum: Techniques September 27th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Dragging the wheel sucker

On Sep 27, 12:23*pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 9/27/2008 8:57 AM RicodJour wrote:

On Sep 27, 11:14 am, Tom Sherman...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Gaping hole in tire

On Sep 23, 3:46*am, Alexandre Kampouris wrote:
Thanks for all your contributions. From all your answers, I gather that
applying a boot is at best a temporary measure, and...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Saddle bag recommendation?

On Sep 19, 9:48*am, " wrote:
On Sep 18, 8:38 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

In article
Forum: Techniques August 17th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
fixing my front brake caliper: is it worth it?

On Aug 16, 12:17*pm, jim beam wrote:
wrote:
I have a shimano ultegra front brake caliper BR6500. *I broke it, and
am wondering whether it...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
fixing my front brake caliper: is it worth it?

I have a shimano ultegra front brake caliper BR6500. I broke it, and
am wondering whether it would be cheaper to fix or or just replace the
whole shebang.
Allow me to explain... There is a little...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Add octalink bb to 90s road bike

I have an old fuji, and its time to replace the crank ( the chainrings
are worn, and not replacable). It currently uses a square taper
bottom bracket.

I want a 53t, and i found a nice crankset...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
...when variables collide...

On Jan 15, 8:09*pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
The above reference is a mystery to me. I don't
know what variables are involved nor what a collision of
variables is.
I...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
two generator lights?

I noticed that with hub generator lights, they say you can have a
primary and secondary light.

If I hook up 2 3W lights to a single hub, do I get 6W of output
( double a single) or half from each...
Forum: Techniques December 1st 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Do hub seals rub and slow you down

I was checking my front wheel, the brakes were rubbing and so I
adjusted them. After adjustment, I paid careful attention to the
sound of the wheel turning and heard a slight click with each spin...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 07, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

All fixed! Got my new caliper in the mail. I was going to use the
washer/nut idea, but when I put the caliper through the hole in the
seatstay it was too short- only about 3 threads stuck out the...
Forum: Techniques October 31st 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

On Oct 30, 11:48 pm, jim beam wrote:
Gary Young wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:01:29 -0700, jim beam wrote:

wrote:
Nashbar has a good...
Forum: Techniques October 30th 07, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

What if I were to put a spacer on the bolt supplied with the front
caliper to back the bolt down the hole in the seatstay? Would the
increased lever arm bend the bolt?
Forum: Techniques October 28th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

On Oct 28, 5:22 pm, landotter wrote:
On Oct 28, 4:04 pm, Stephen Bauman wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:28:58 -0700, zarfus1 wrote:

Is it ok to...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

On Oct 28, 2:22 pm, landotter wrote:
On Oct 28, 12:48 pm, wrote:

Nashbar has a good deal on ultegra brake calipers; I mounted them on
my front...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 85
Posted By [email protected]
Mount front brakes on rear?

Nashbar has a good deal on ultegra brake calipers; I mounted them on
my front wheel. My rear caliper is kinda corroded, and I was
considering mounting another front caliper on the rear wheel......
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17