Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W. Stief
Forum: General August 16th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Stief
Cluster

Bike: Giant Acapulco
Acqired: Pawnshop, $58 USD
Actions:
1. Complete strip down, painted with white laquer
2. ALL bearings cleaned and lubed
3, All cables lubed (3 over top tube)
4. Brakes completely...
Forum: General August 14th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By W. Stief
Riding with a reinjured inguinal hernia

chrisc wrote:
Hi. I have had this injury for almost 3 years now. I was operated on
april 2007. I had the thing for about a year before that and the
doctors couldn't figure out what it was! I...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By W. Stief
Good chain lube from Walmart

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

I realize people are gonna recommend chain lubes like
Pedro's and Boeshield but I live...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By W. Stief
Thousands laugh as newbie replaces inner tube..-----solved

Tom Sherman wrote:
W. Stief wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Twitchell wrote:
In article , Tom Sherman
says...
Twitchell wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 20th 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By W. Stief
Thousands laugh as newbie replaces inner tube..-----solved

Tom Sherman wrote:
Twitchell wrote:
In article , Tom Sherman
says...
Twitchell wrote:
I guess tomorrow will be tube repair day once I...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By W. Stief
Thousands laugh as newbie replaces inner tube..-----solved

Twitchell wrote:
In article , Tom Sherman
says...

Twitchell wrote:
I guess tomorrow will be tube repair day once I buy a new repair
Forum: Techniques July 20th 08, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Tom Sherman wrote:
Twitchell wrote:
I guess tomorrow will be tube repair day once I buy a new repair
kit. Unless someone knows of some household type glue to use with
the patches...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By W. Stief
Biking vs Cycling... Is there a difference?

sally wrote:
Ablang wrote in
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
1. Cycling - Hill Climb, criterium, time trial, road race
2....
Forum: Techniques July 6th 08, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By W. Stief
Bent Axles

David L. Johnson wrote:
W. Stief wrote:

I see various axle material offered.
Is plain steel best axles for these old bikes or would titanium be
stronger?

There are a lot of people...
Forum: Techniques July 6th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By W. Stief
Bent Axles

Hi
Newbee nonothing here,

Recently acqired 3 used up bikes for rebuild/ restore.
Bianchi tourer Sturmy 3 spd needs parts (all), just braggin.)
NEXT and Giant both have 10mm? axles bent, 3x9 Shimano...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10