Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wayne Pein
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 05:04 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Wayne Pein
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Bill Shatzer wrote:

With bicycles, it's legal provided the cyclists don't "impede the normal
and reasonable flow of traffic".

"ORS 814.430 Improper use of lanes; exceptions; penalty....
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 05:00 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 281
Posted By Wayne Pein
The days of the bicycle as basically a kids recreational vehicleare long gone

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Aug 21, 10:35 am, Wayne Pein wrote:

Festivus wrote:

The behaviors we all routinely see:

1. Failure to stop and red lights and stop...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 04:58 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By Wayne Pein
Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

wrote:

I've been around heavy equipment all my life and people adjust and
pass but sometimes it's just not safely possible to do so, so you pull
over as far as you can or...
Forum: General August 21st 07, 06:35 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving

Festivus wrote:

The behaviors we all routinely see:

1. Failure to stop and red lights and stop signs
2. Riding 2 or more abreast in a traffic lane

Why shouldn't bicyclists ride two...
Forum: General August 21st 07, 06:28 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By Wayne Pein
Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:
You got crowded BECAUSE you rode too far right. If you ride far right,
you are encourgaging them to squeeze by. Use more of the lane and...
Forum: General August 21st 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 130
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

It's a typical road -- 4 lanes with parking on both sides and a
median in the middle. No bike lane; can't recall...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

It's a typical road -- 4 lanes with parking on both sides and a
median in the middle. No bike lane; can't recall...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Jay Beattie wrote:

On Aug 20, 1:00 pm, Wayne Pein wrote:

He'd never get crowded in a wide lane or a lane that he fully used. So
why should he settle for a narrow Bike Lane,...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Jay Beattie wrote:

On Aug 20, 1:00 pm, Wayne Pein wrote:

He'd never get crowded in a wide lane or a lane that he fully used. So
why should he settle for a narrow Bike Lane,...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

G.T. wrote:

I know that when I'm in bike lanes around here I never get

crowded but two times in the last week I've had a couple cars...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

G.T. wrote:

I know that when I'm in bike lanes around here I never get

crowded but two times in the last week I've had a couple cars...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 130
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

Forum: General August 20th 07, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

Forum: General August 20th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By Wayne Pein
Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

Some Girl wrote:

Not really. There have been a few times when I've been hugging the
lane as far to the right as possible, but was still being crowded in
by an inattentive driver.

You got...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

G.T. wrote:

I know that when I'm in bike lanes around here I never get
crowded but two times in the last week I've had a couple cars get
waaaaaaaaaaaay to close to me in regular lanes. I'm...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

G.T. wrote:

I know that when I'm in bike lanes around here I never get
crowded but two times in the last week I've had a couple cars get
waaaaaaaaaaaay to close to me in regular lanes. I'm...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

You obviously have zero experience with a wide outside lane, so you
shouldn't guess about how traffic uses it. You're wrong. And if...
Forum: General August 20th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote: {SANITY SNIP}

You obviously have zero experience with a wide outside lane, so you
shouldn't guess about how traffic uses it. You're wrong. And if...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 130
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Bill Sornson wrote:
Wayne Pein wrote:

I'd simple use the entire right lane of the 4 lane road. That would
be a relief.

As do I when possible. However, if fast-moving cars are there...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill Sornson wrote:
Wayne Pein wrote:

I'd simple use the entire right lane of the 4 lane road. That would
be a relief.

As do I when possible. However, if fast-moving cars are there...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to pdx.general,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 7
Posted By Wayne Pein
Secret habits of timid bicyclists studied

Tom Keats wrote:

I hope Jennifer Dill realizes that problematic
intersections are a far greater concern than
the volume of a rider's adjacent, parallet
traffic flow.

Doubtful.
Forum: Techniques August 18th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Wayne Pein
Bike lanes in MA, dangerous bike lanes and a possible news story

Tom Keats wrote:

I think bike lanes can be useful on steep upgrades
that slow a rider wayyy down -- sort of a "please
feel free to go ahead and pass me lane," as opposed
to a passing lane...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech