Showing results 1 to 25 of 126
Search took 0.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David White[_2_]
Forum: Techniques October 24th 11, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 261
Posted By David White[_2_]
Where DO you find rim makers recommendations?

Peter Howard wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
On Oct 22, 8:50 am, Danny Obermeyer wrote:
On Oct 22, 8:31 am, landotter wrote:

Dealer cost...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 4
Posted By David White[_2_]
Any Success Replacing Pads in Shorts?

kolldata wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:20 am, David White wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Do I remember those pads being 'welded' (ie glued or melted or
whatever) onto the...
Forum: Marketplace October 4th 11, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 8

Scott Gordo wrote:
Do I remember those pads being 'welded' (ie glued or melted or
whatever) onto the...
Forum: Marketplace October 4th 11, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace

Scott Gordo wrote:
Do I remember those pads being 'welded' (ie glued or melted or
whatever) onto the lycra? Or is it just sewn on?

I do have a couple pair of shorts with melted-on pads. But the...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 11, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace

Scott Gordo wrote:
Do I remember those pads being 'welded' (ie glued or melted or
whatever) onto the lycra? Or is it just sewn on?

I do have a couple pair of shorts with melted-on pads. But the...
Forum: Marketplace October 2nd 11, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 8
Posted By David White[_2_]
Any Success Replacing Pads in Shorts?

Some of my pretty old Castelli, Progetto-Y bib shorts and knickers with
the perforated, red, synthetic leather pad are suffering from the slow
demise of the pad. The synthetic leater begins to...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 11, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By David White[_2_]
Rebuilding Mavic Wheels?

landotter wrote:
On Sep 30, 12:21 pm, David White wrote:
A buddy just gave me a rear hub and spokes from a Mavic Kryserium wheel
he took apart because the rim was...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 11, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By David White[_2_]
Rebuilding Mavic Wheels?

A buddy just gave me a rear hub and spokes from a Mavic Kryserium wheel
he took apart because the rim was cracked. I am not sure of the model at
this point. But the hub is 24 spoke, uses 2X...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 11, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By David White[_2_]
tube patch glues

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:03:11 -0700 (PDT), kolldata
wrote:

untried cements found in expedition repair kit useable for bike
tubes ?

Forum: Techniques September 15th 11, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By David White[_2_]
tube patch glues

kolldata wrote:

untried cements found in expedition repair kit useable for bike
tubes ?

McNett "SEAL CEMENT"

Aquaseal "URETHANE REPAIR ADHESIVE & SEALANT"
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 11, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 162
Posted By David White[_2_]
Need 39t ring for old campy crank

David Scheidt wrote:
Chalo wrote:

: better
: braking, which is much easier on the old fingers, like power-assist
: auto brakes compared to the old Nuovo Record...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 11, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 162
Posted By David White[_2_]
Need 39t ring for old campy crank

wrote:
On Sep 1, 11:13 am, David White wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
cciaffone...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 11, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 162
Posted By David White[_2_]
Need 39t ring for old campy crank

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
cciaffone wrote:

I really need to gear down my old road bike to
suit my advanced years and weakened...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 11, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

cciaffone wrote:
I really need to gear down my old road bike to
suit my advanced years and weakened quads.

Currently riding an old 70's Campy NR crank
with 53-43 rings. Would love to...
Forum: Techniques August 28th 11, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By David White[_2_]
Poor front shifting with 9 speed chain on older FD and rings

Dave wrote:
Hi all,

I have an older tandem originally equipped with 7 speed XT derailleurs
and a Sugino triple crank with rings that have no ramps or pins.

I switched to 9 speeds in...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 11, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By David White[_2_]
swiss threaded BB options/

David Scheidt wrote:
Are there any options for swiss threaded bottom brackets, other than
Phil and the various expanding plug things?

What I use are Phil rings in Swiss combined with an...
Forum: Techniques July 9th 11, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By David White[_2_]
TdF on Versus Online?

raging raven wrote:
On Jul 7, 5:47 pm, David White wrote:
I just realized that while I don't get Versus on my tv, I can possibly
watch the TdF via the computer...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 11, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By David White[_2_]
TdF on Versus Online?

I just realized that while I don't get Versus on my tv, I can possibly
watch the TdF via the computer attached to my tv. Versus wants $30 for
this service and I am willing to consider it. But I have...
Forum: Marketplace July 8th 11, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By David White[_2_]
TdF on Versus Online?

I just realized that while I don't get Versus on my tv, I can possibly
watch the TdF via the computer attached to my tv. Versus wants $30 for
this service and I am willing to consider it. But I...
Forum: Techniques July 5th 11, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By David White[_2_]
ERD ERD ERD MEASUREMENTS

kolldata wrote:

WELL, here we are again. Dave White's information, posted under ERD
and THE FLUSH TWICE MOVEMENT, works but seems to require an on paper
graphic record for measurements. AS,...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 11, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By David White[_2_]
ERD tool for bike shops - what do you pros think

David White wrote:
wrote:
I was at the bike shop inquiring as to how to figure out what I need
to build a wheel. I had said something about the wear mark is...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 11, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
I was at the bike shop inquiring as to how to figure out what I need to
build a wheel. I had said something about the wear mark is almost worn away.
The...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 11, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By David White[_2_]
Longer QR skewer

Peter Howard wrote:
I have a Rohloff Speedhub with QR axle in rear facing horizontal
dropouts. I'm using a closed cam Shimano XTR skewer and one Surly
Tuggnut tensioner on drive side. I know...
Forum: Techniques June 6th 11, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By David White[_2_]
Derailleur in spokes

Ken wrote:
As I had just finished a short climb on a small hill the other day, I
started down the other side, shifted to a higher gear (smaller
cassette gear), and Wham! It sounds like the...
Forum: Techniques May 23rd 11, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By David White[_2_]
Campy 9 speed shift Shimano 8 via hub bud?

Phil W Lee wrote:
Sir Ridesalot considered Sun, 22 May 2011
13:52:29 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On May 22, 4:33 pm, AMuzi ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 126