Showing results 1 to 25 of 246
Search took 2.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred on a stick
Forum: Racing February 17th 12, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Fred on a stick
Are helmets saving lives?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/blogs/an-auckland-minute/6409714/Will-a-helmet-save-a-cyclists-life

Article answer: probably not, and a pox on Rebecca Oaten for
Forum: Techniques October 24th 11, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
I would rephrase it as
you're just using a work-energy equation

Yup.

you know the start
and end kinetic and potential energy, and you want to compute
the...
Forum: Racing October 24th 11, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
I would rephrase it as
you're just using a work-energy equation

Yup.

you know the start
and end kinetic and potential energy, and you want to compute
the...
Forum: Racing October 23rd 11, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Oct 22, 5:05 pm, "Fred on a stick"

but if we
take them as given you get an exact solution for CdA and Crr, and
for the slopes. I just meant that I didn't...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 11, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Oct 22, 5:05 pm, "Fred on a stick"

but if we
take them as given you get an exact solution for CdA and Crr, and
for the slopes. I just meant that I didn't...
Forum: Racing October 23rd 11, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Your CdA is 0.36 m^2 ( +/- 0.09 or so), your Crr is 0.0065,
and the maximum slope on the course is 0.00 or 0%, although
I don't know how you expected anyone to...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 11, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Your CdA is 0.36 m^2 ( +/- 0.09 or so), your Crr is 0.0065,
and the maximum slope on the course is 0.00 or 0%, although
I don't know how you expected anyone to...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 11, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

RicodJour wrote:

I was responding to he that be Jute, but I don't think FOAS is looking
to win races on his commuter. I think he's asking for assistance in
his exercise in futility. ;) As...
Forum: Racing October 22nd 11, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

RicodJour wrote:

I was responding to he that be Jute, but I don't think FOAS is looking
to win races on his commuter. I think he's asking for assistance in
his exercise in futility. ;) As...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 11, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Here are speed data from two coastdowns I did a couple of days ago. The
speeds are in km/h at one second intervals. As I said, these were coast
downs so power, of course, was zero. I forgot to...
Forum: Racing October 20th 11, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Fred on a stick
Estimating drag without a power meter

Here are speed data from two coastdowns I did a couple of days ago. The
speeds are in km/h at one second intervals. As I said, these were coast
downs so power, of course, was zero. I forgot to...
Forum: Racing October 6th 11, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By Fred on a stick
For Chung and Asher

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

Perlmutter works at LBL, he doesn't need a parking spot.
I wonder if he gets one anyway. Maybe they'll give him one
to keep Harvard or Stanford from hiring him...
Forum: Racing July 13th 11, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred on a stick
Tour de France, stage 11 summary

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 13, 2:47 pm, Bob Martin wrote:

Stage 11 : Jul 13, Blaye-les-Mines - Lavaur, 168 km

Retirements to date : Stage
John Gadret (Fra) AG2R...
Forum: Racing May 19th 11, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred on a stick
Giro d'Italia, stage 11 summary

Frederick the Great wrote:

I dislike Gadret.

Is it something he did?

Something he didn't do; and then something he did. On stage 15 of last
year's...
Forum: Racing May 18th 11, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred on a stick
Giro d'Italia, stage 11 summary

Simply Fred wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
1 John Gadret (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
3.33.11 2 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha Team
3 Giovanni Visconti (Ita) Farnese Vini - Neri...
Forum: Racing May 14th 11, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred on a stick
Please make this plot for me...

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

matronymics

Congratulations on first use in rbr.
Forum: Racing May 14th 11, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Fred on a stick
Close call on a training ride

Brad Anders wrote:
There was a period during the dot-com boom that went like this:

1. Young guy who has never ridden or owned a motorcycle makes big
bucks off IPO
2. Young guy takes his...
Forum: Racing May 7th 11, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred on a stick
Intermediate time checks?

Anyone found a link to the intermediate time checks for today's stage?
Forum: Techniques May 5th 11, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred on a stick
SRAM are appaling and last 365 days

Dumbass,

Fixed your subject line for you.
Forum: Racing May 5th 11, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Fred on a stick
why I'll never ride sram in any grand tour or one day classic

Dumbass,

You'll never ride in any grand tour or one day classic.
Forum: Racing April 17th 11, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By Fred on a stick
Take bets on Novitsky vs Armstrong ( NY Times article)

ilan wrote:
On Apr 17, 5:09 pm, "Fred on a stick"
wrote:
ilan wrote:

As an indication of the level of this investigation, they have
received from...

wrote:
ilan wrote:

As an indication of the level of this investigation, they have
received from...
Forum: Racing April 17th 11, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

ilan wrote:

As an indication of the level of this investigation, they have
received from French authorities the frozen 1999 samples, which were
turned over by the athletes on the condition...
Forum: Racing April 14th 11, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 98
Posted By Fred on a stick
Not a good day for the Rainbow Jersey

RicodJour wrote:

PS I learned something from those links I hadn't known. I didn't
know that JvS had a tire that was leaking for the last 5K. Now he's
extra super special in my book.

Here's...
Forum: Racing March 26th 11, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred on a stick
ibike pro power meter

Simply Fred wrote:
zencycle wrote:
If you can't take insults,

Fred on a stick wrote:
It took you six months to come up with that? Hmmm. Many
prescriptions are only valid for that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 246