Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Lowther
Forum: UK November 22nd 08, 07:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By David Lowther
Bells on bikes

6 Vole front light,

Hamster wheel connected to the dynamo ? :-)

Dave.
Forum: UK November 11th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 79
Posted By David Lowther
Legal status of cyclist pushing bike

"Ace" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:50:20 +0000, bugbear
wrote:

Ace...
Forum: UK October 29th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By David Lowther
The Magic Roundabout

"TrailRat" wrote in message
I think a little complacency has set in!

I seem to be bored of...
Forum: UK October 23rd 08, 06:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
Dogs chase bicycles don't they !

"David Lowther" wrote in message
"Paul Luton" wrote in message
Forum: UK October 23rd 08, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
Dogs chase bicycles don't they !

"Paul Luton" wrote in message
That was the reply when a dog came shooting into the road beside me today
and I...
Forum: UK October 10th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By David Lowther
Dave Barrett show

"burtthebike" wrote in message
on Radio Bristol between 9-10 this morning. Seems to be some relative of
Matthew...
Forum: UK September 25th 08, 06:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By David Lowther
FS Pendle 4 Bike Rack Tow Bar Mounting + Wheel Supports

Ebay item number 220285600494

http://tinyurl.com/3uvzup

Preview
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3uvzup
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By David Lowther
Is my campag rear mech short or medium cage ?

My campag reach mech measures 54.5 mm (2.14 inches) between the centres of
the pulleys.

Is that a short or medium cage ?

TIA

Dave.
Forum: UK August 16th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By David Lowther
Bikes on OS "Other route with public access" ?

Does anyone have any experience of whether the tracks / roads shown on OS
Landranger maps as "Other route with public access" are legal to cycle on ?

I guess the answer is going to be "It depends....
Forum: UK July 17th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By David Lowther
18th gear and getting nowhere...

"Lloydd" wrote in message
Odd things that occur in my head when I am cycling...

If the earth is rolling slowly under my tyres...
Forum: UK July 12th 08, 09:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By David Lowther
TdF on Eurosport but not Sky/NTL

"Jerry" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message

Forum: UK April 15th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By David Lowther
Sterlinghouse mountain bikes 7 months on...some pictures

I thought you'd be...intrigued...to see some pictures of how they
fared over the last 7 months.

You should be reported to the RSPCB :-)

Dave.
Forum: UK April 8th 08, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By David Lowther
FS Jeff Bruce Aluminium Road Racing Frame And Carbon Forks

For Sale: Jeff Bruce Aluminium Road Racing Frame with Vitus Carbon Forks.

On ebay, no reserve, 1p starting bid.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6avazl

Includes:

Jeff Bruce 53 cm (c/c) Columbus 7005...
Forum: UK April 4th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By David Lowther
Shimano A20 gear levers

"archierob" wrote in message
Any one replaced the cable in one of these? Tried Googling but not a
lot of info....
Forum: UK February 22nd 08, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.gps
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
Where can I get a GPS track file for Castleman's Corkscrew ?

"Nick Austin" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:17:01 -0000, "David Lowther"
Forum: UK February 21st 08, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.gps
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
Where can I get a GPS track file for Castleman's Corkscrew ?

I put together a GPS route by inspecting the poor quality pdf route map
(from the Poole council web site IIRC).

There's some general info about the route and some photos...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
What tool(s) do I need to remove this freewheel ?

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
Simon D wrote:

David Lowther pretended :
This a 7 speed Shimano block from a ~10...
Forum: UK February 9th 08, 02:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By David Lowther
What tool(s) do I need to remove this freewheel ?

This a 7 speed Shimano block from a ~10 year old off road bike (Giant X400).

I want to strip down the rear axle to put some new grease in.

I'm familiar with removing Shimano / Campag free hub style...
Forum: UK December 31st 07, 06:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By David Lowther
Would like advice on preventing QR wheel theft

"David Lowther" wrote in message
I live in a low crime rural area so don't have any experience of thief
proofing...
Forum: UK December 30th 07, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By David Lowther
Would like advice on preventing QR wheel theft

"iarocu" wrote in message
On 30 Dec, 02:13, "David Lowther"

Forum: UK December 30th 07, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By David Lowther
Would like advice on preventing QR wheel theft

I live in a low crime rural area so don't have any experience of thief
proofing bikes, other than a token cable lock I use on my own bike.

My son is taking a cheap 2nd hand bike to uni and is...
Forum: UK September 22nd 07, 05:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By David Lowther
Aldi cycling sale starts next Thursday

"Andreas Schulze-Bäing" wrote in message

This is the link to the offers:
http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

Does...
Forum: UK August 4th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By David Lowther
What's that ticking sound?

"Phil Cook" wrote in message

snip

I can never remember which way to turn the pedals to unscrew

Left pedal =...
Forum: UK July 14th 07, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By David Lowther
Do I need a touring bike?

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
in message ,
Forum: Techniques June 25th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By David Lowther
Specialized s-works oversized bottom bracket options

wrote in message
On Jun 24, 2:41 am, "David Lowther"
wrote:
"David...