Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Snortley
Forum: Techniques June 6th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 170
Posted By Snortley
Tubus Cosmo Rack = Expensive Crap for Posers

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:13:15 -0700 (PDT), Coolmaine
wrote:

The worst thing about dealing with Tubus is that, even after I asked
their service department if their rack would...
Forum: Techniques June 5th 11, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By Snortley
SRAM DualDrive

On Sat, 21 May 2011 19:50:45 -0700 (PDT), Waterfront Wheelshop
wrote:

Never fear. Sturmey Archer steps up to fill the...
Forum: Racing May 6th 11, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Snortley
why I'll never ride sram in any grand tour or one day classic

On Thu, 5 May 2011 14:10:07 -0700 (PDT), landotter
wrote:

On May 5, 1:48*am, yirgster wrote:
A few weeks ago my sram force shift lever (the actual...
Forum: Techniques April 24th 11, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Snortley
best carry-on pump for touring bike?

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:12:28 -0500, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°
" wrote:

Not as well built as the Lezyne, but compact and builds pressure in
fewer...
Forum: Techniques February 8th 11, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Snortley
Unbelivable - no 28" rim tape

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 20:34:53 -0600, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°
" wrote:

28-inch is ISO 622-mm, which logically, is smaller than 27-inch (ISO
630-mm). And remember,...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 11, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Snortley
Unbelivable - no 28" rim tape

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:25:59 -0800 (PST), Anton Success
wrote:

As my front open pro based wheel was built I have just discovered that
none of the local shops has 28" rim...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Snortley
Tires, brakes & seatpost selection 4 hybrid or MB

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:39:38 GMT, Spokes Man
wrote:

Tires - Schwalbe Marathon Cross:

http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/1326

If you order off their site and you'll be...
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Snortley
Mystery braze-ons on Giant MTB frames

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:16:02 -0700 (PDT), Brian Huntley
wrote:

Oh, and that bike has tire creep. Watch those valve stems!

Chain "stretch," too. Time for a new...
Forum: Techniques June 10th 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Snortley
Cateye Wireless Strada or ?

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:48:08 -0700, RS wrote:

I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
cadence just something basic. What else is worth...
Forum: Techniques June 10th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Snortley
No-bulge flat bars besides Titec?

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:00:16 -0700, jim beam
wrote:

you pretty much have to have a bulge of some kind - the stem clamp is of
greater diameter than the control...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Snortley
No-bulge flat bars besides Titec?

Does anyone know of a currently marketed flat bar with no
center bulge and no rise besides this one, the Titec T1...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Snortley
coffee holder

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:32:37 -0700 (PDT), bobdobbs
wrote:

My bike doesn't have braze-ons. I want to get some kind of a holder
(on handlebar or frame) to carry my coffee to...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Snortley
Squirrel Terrorist - One Less Car

Bayonne Journal (NJ)

Car catches fire - squirrel gets blame
Thursday, October 25, 2007
It's Rocky the Frying Squirrel!

A kamikaze squirrel fell from the sky and detonated a Bayonne woman's
car...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0

http://www.nj.com/bayonnejournal/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1193291909219070.xml&coll=3

Thursday, October 25, 2007
It's Rocky the Frying...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Snortley
One-Piece Rim Pad Wear

On one-piece rim brake pads, I've always wondered how deep in
the steel support bar is. Take a look at this one, cut away after
about 4,000 miles of urban stop-and-go...
Forum: Marketplace February 4th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Snortley
Help New Tyres

You might also take a look at the Schwalbe Marathon Cross 26 x
1.75.

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
Forum: Mountain Biking February 4th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Snortley
Help New Tyres

You might also take a look at the Schwalbe Marathon Cross 26 x
1.75.

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
Forum: General February 4th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Snortley
Help New Tyres

You might also take a look at the Schwalbe Marathon Cross 26 x
1.75.

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
Forum: Marketplace January 5th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

Yep, the dissapearance of the release button is pain. A small
slotted screwdriver will pry off the socket, though it's a pain to
reach for a tool for a tool.

BTW, new location for...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

Yep, the dissapearance of the release button is pain. A small
slotted screwdriver will pry off the socket, though it's a pain to
reach for a tool for a tool.

BTW, new location for...
Forum: Marketplace January 4th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

And on the the topic of unfortunately discontinued Snap-On
tools: their earlier version of the 3/8 inch drive stub ratchet - the
most compact one I've seen:

http://tinyurl.com/ykfn2n

You got to...
Forum: Techniques January 4th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

And on the the topic of unfortunately discontinued Snap-On
tools: their earlier version of the 3/8 inch drive stub ratchet - the
most compact one I've seen:

http://tinyurl.com/ykfn2n

You got to...
Forum: Marketplace January 4th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

The nice thing about Snap On box wrenches and sockets is that
the corners are gouged out in such a way that the nut is grabbed on
the flats instead of the corners - no rounding off damage, then....
Forum: Techniques January 4th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Snortley
Wanted: Snap-on Schwinn headset wrench....??

The nice thing about Snap On box wrenches and sockets is that
the corners are gouged out in such a way that the nut is grabbed on
the flats instead of the corners - no rounding off damage, then....
Forum: Techniques December 24th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Snortley
Turnsheet for Gimbels ride?

I haven't done the ride, so I don't know how accurate this is:

http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/wwtr/dispride.asp?ride=35

For one thing, judging from the turn specs, the heading for
the return...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44