Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 6.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MSeries
Forum: UK August 26th 08, 09:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By MSeries
yACF Down ?

I'm getting this today

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused
by the server being busy. Please try again later."

:-(
Forum: UK May 4th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By MSeries
RR 100km Brimham Rocks Audax

On 4 May, 14:34, dkahn400 wrote:
On May 4, 1:14 pm, MSeries wrote:

I am not in good enough shape to take them on at the
moment. If I...
Forum: UK May 4th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By MSeries
RR 100km Brimham Rocks Audax

On 4 May, 07:17, "vernon" wrote:

MSeries, formerly of this parish was there, rehabilitating after his serious
mishap last year.

It was nice to see you. I am sure...
Forum: UK March 17th 08, 12:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By MSeries
MSeries update

On 16 Mar, 21:08, Tim Hall wrote:
Excellent news from MSeries in Another Place:

(you might remember he crashed 5 months ago, busting his acetabulum)

"I'm...
Forum: UK November 6th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By MSeries
MSeries

On 15 Oct, 17:49, Tim Hall wrote:
Regulars here should remember MSeries, who now inhabits another part
of cyberspace.

The news from there is:

"Martin...
Forum: UK June 21st 07, 10:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By MSeries
Chain Cleaner

On 20 Jun, 20:28, "vernon" wrote:
"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

... in message...
Forum: UK May 11th 07, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By MSeries
Tourer or Audax bike?

On 10 May, 22:52, John Halliwell wrote:

I guess I've decided I'm after an audax bike with lugs for mudguards and
carriers. Are these likely to have adequate...
Forum: UK March 1st 07, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By MSeries
RR -A Grand Day Out - First Dead Badger of the Year - Mini NW200 Audax

On 17 Feb, 20:52, "vernon" wrote:

MSeries introduced himself. We've been at
the same events a few times but we'd never got to meet.

It was a pleasure. Well done on your...
Forum: UK January 23rd 07, 04:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By MSeries
ride report - Horsham to Newdigate

Don't be afraid to approach me I might look fierce but I dont bite :-)

I'll be doing the NW Passage all being well, maybe the 100km
Dringhouses one also.
Forum: UK January 22nd 07, 02:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By MSeries
ride report - Horsham to Newdigate

vernon wrote:
"Adam Lea" wrote in message

I felt the odd one out as everyone else was on road bikes with drop bars
Forum: UK January 12th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MSeries
Killing two birds with one stone

vernon wrote:
"Danny Colyer" wrote in message
vernon wrote:
... my wife who is not best pleased...
Forum: UK January 3rd 07, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By MSeries
Recommendations for 700c touring wheels/rims?

Tim Dunne wrote:
Hi there

Rear rim on the ultra galaxy has split around a couple of the spoke
nipples, but rims were virtually knackered anyways. I'm after a decent set
of wheels, good...
Forum: UK November 18th 06, 05:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MSeries
CTC Spamming me

Not Responding wrote:

It's just a weekly roundup of bike stuff - not a sales pitch. Well
written, interesting and succinct IMO.

and unsolicted
Forum: UK November 18th 06, 11:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MSeries
CTC Spamming me

Jo wrote:
MSeries wrote:
anyone else ? Apparantly a message to their members, though I am not a
member !!
Are you sure it's from the 'real' CTC? I am a member and I haven't had
Forum: UK November 18th 06, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MSeries
CTC Spamming me

anyone else ? Apparantly a message to their members, though I am not a
member !!
Forum: UK November 16th 06, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By MSeries
tricky; club insurance

MartinM wrote:
At our AGM last week the old chestnut about TPL was brought up ; it
seems there is a club rule that members (but only competing members,
whatever that means; competing in a TT /...
Forum: UK November 11th 06, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By MSeries
The French Ride; oversubscribed?

Garry Broad wrote:

Not exactly a contribution to your question Martin, but...
Not that I'm looking to do this[1], but what stops anybody from just
turning up?

Nothing. Thats probably what...
Forum: UK November 11th 06, 09:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By MSeries
The French Ride; oversubscribed?

MartinM wrote:
I have no idea if this is true or not but I've heard that in the event
that TFR exceeds the absolute limit of 4500 entries set by ACP there
will be a lottery a la Etape. For me...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 12:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By MSeries
The Poor Student 2007

Dave Larrington wrote:

MSeries wrote:

The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an
epic but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard.

(Googles. Find...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 11:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By MSeries
More kitchen p0rn

Bronzie wrote:

it is tradition (at least on FGG)
to photograph a fixed by a lake or the sea !!!! Mine is going to be
re-photographed in this way at some point.

Here is my personal...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By MSeries
The Poor Student 2007

Dave Larrington wrote:

However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

The Old 240 is being...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By MSeries
The Poor Student 2007

MartinM wrote:

I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
£8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
Well Fed; the Marlborough...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 09:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By MSeries
More kitchen p0rn

Bronzie wrote:

For your perusal:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12092988@N00/284050687/

You will note:
- 18mm Beech framed doors
- 4mm Beech veneer centre panels
- 8mm diameter...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 09:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By MSeries
The Poor Student 2007

dkahn400 wrote:

MSeries wrote:
Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
cheap accommodation can be found.

Yes, probably. There's always Oxford YH.

Forum: UK October 30th 06, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By MSeries
The Poor Student 2007