Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 2.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rick
Forum: General February 6th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Rick
bike from oakland to santa cruz and back

joshhh wrote:
my (very uneducated) guess is that it will take about 3 to 4 days,
taking your time.

i'm also guessing that it would be best to take a coastal route.
frankly i don't know what...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,nyc.bicycles,phl.bicycles
Replies: 68
Posted By Rick
Rear Luggage Rack Web Site Update

On Aug 9, 9:51 pm, Zoot Katz wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:42:58 -0700, SMS
wrote:

John Serafin wrote:

The amount of the purchase...
Forum: General August 10th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,nyc.bicycles,phl.bicycles
Replies: 65
Posted By Rick
Rear Luggage Rack Web Site Update

On Aug 9, 9:51 pm, Zoot Katz wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 20:42:58 -0700, SMS
wrote:

John Serafin wrote:

The amount of the purchase...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Rick
Rasmussen fired?

On Jul 25, 5:41 pm, Morten Reippuert wrote:
landotter wrote:
On Jul 25, 4:58 pm, Ozark Bicycle

Rasmussen got warnings for missing...
Forum: Techniques April 18th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Rick
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

On Apr 17, 1:18 pm, "Sandy" wrote:
Dans le message ,
Rick a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

Forum: Techniques April 18th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Rick
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

On Apr 17, 1:14 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
Rick wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:28 am, wrote:
On Apr 17, 10:22 am, Rick ...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Rick
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

On Apr 17, 11:28 am, wrote:
On Apr 17, 10:22 am, Rick wrote:

My wife got our first Shimano 10 sp drive train a few months back, her
primary...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Rick
10 sp. chain for Shimano drivetrain: what works?

My wife got our first Shimano 10 sp drive train a few months back, her
primary racing bike; she got a triple because she does not have the
leg power to muscle all the hills around here in big gears. ...
Forum: General April 4th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 171
Posted By Rick
The case for physically separated bike lanes

On Apr 3, 12:19 pm, Matt O'Toole wrote:
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:46:45 -0700, Rick wrote:
On Apr 3, 9:27 am, Matt O'Toole wrote:
On...
Forum: General April 3rd 07, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 171
Posted By Rick
The case for physically separated bike lanes

On Apr 3, 9:27 am, Matt O'Toole wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:49:10 -0700, Rick wrote:
Federal
funding is basically frozen at this time as they try to put back...
Forum: Rides April 3rd 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick
Route Advise and Tips: Highway 1 from SLO to Los Angeles

On Mar 31, 9:12 am, "Ray" wrote:
On Mar 24, 12:29 am, wrote:

What about elevation changes and road
conditions?

You will be on Highway 1 most of...
Forum: General April 3rd 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 171
Posted By Rick
The case for physically separated bike lanes

On Apr 1, 4:53 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:
On Apr 1, 12:11 am, (Dennis P. Harris)
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:43:25 -0400 in...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Rick
technical reasons why MTBs haven't moved to 30 spd?

On Mar 21, 2:48 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On 21 Mar 2007 13:00:08 -0700, "Rick" wrote:

That is, arguably, a good thing for road...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Rick
technical reasons why MTBs haven't moved to 30 spd?

On Mar 21, 1:24 pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Rick wrote:
On Mar 20, 8:06 pm, "damyth" wrote:
What are the technical reasons why MTBs...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Rick
technical reasons why MTBs haven't moved to 30 spd?

On Mar 21, 2:28 pm, "James Thomson" wrote:
"Rick" a écrit:

The move from 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 to 9 to 10 speed clusters have all
been to add...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By Rick
technical reasons why MTBs haven't moved to 30 spd?

On Mar 20, 8:06 pm, "damyth" wrote:
What are the technical reasons why MTBs have not migrated to 30
speeds? I want to make clear I'm not trying to "advocate" MTBs...
Forum: Techniques March 19th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick
Shimano cassette on Campy freehub

On Mar 18, 3:03 pm, "bfd" wrote:
"Rick" wrote in message

...I know of the various...
Forum: Techniques March 19th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick
Shimano cassette on Campy freehub

On Mar 18, 3:18 pm, "Nick Payne" wrote:
Wheel Manufacturing make replacement spacers for Campagnolo cassettes that
respace them to Shimano spacing. I have a set of these...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick
Shimano cassette on Campy freehub

I know of the various Shimangalo fixes, and we have a couple of
ShiftMate equipped bikes to handle conversions. But now there is a
twist; I just inherited a bike and some high end wheels. The...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Rick
Grease on BB install, or not?

I have always used grease on the threads when installing bottom
brackets. I was perusing the Branford Bike site last week and they
say that for some Campy BB's, e.g., the Centaur, that you should...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick
Bicycles, Traffic Signals, Loop Detectors -- rules where you ride?

On Mar 18, 12:17 am, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
an excellent example: riding on sidewalks is illegal in Florida.

This is a myth, specific to Florida, that keeps...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Rick
Bicycles, Traffic Signals, Loop Detectors -- rules where you ride?

On Mar 17, 3:25 pm, wrote:
Different jurisdictions seem to have very different attitudes towards
whether their traffic signals are supposed to detect bicyclists.

Some local...
Forum: General March 15th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick
Sunglasses & Rx

On Mar 9, 10:06 pm, jalex wrote:
I'm planning on purchasing a pair of sunglasses with the Rx adapter.
Looks like the Tifosi Stevilo is a match for me. What experience does
Forum: Rides March 15th 07, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Rick
Route advice wanted: San Francisco to Donner Pass

On Mar 14, 7:00 pm, "Ron Wallenfang" wrote:
I am planning my long bike ride this summer to go from San Francisco
to Milwaukee, the first leg of which involves getting to...
Forum: General February 25th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Rick
Breaking Away - Where are they now?

On Feb 23, 6:23 pm, sally wrote:
wrote in news:1172277547.941015.18520
@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Since we are breaking away from the thread...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47