Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: brycer1968
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By brycer1968
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Klaas Bil;1170555 wrote:
Just thinking: would there be merit in having two seats at the same
time? A bike seat in the rear and a unicycle seat in the usual location?
And then some short...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By brycer1968
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Gizmo and his T-7 experiment got me thinking and trying out some
different ideas base on his seat-rearward design. The part I like about
this set-up is that it doesn't need a rail adaptor now and...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By brycer1968
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I laughed a bit at first about the metal fatiuge teter-totter you had
developed there Gizmo, but like a lot of out of the box ideas, it sparks
other ideas too. . . . . .

I ride a really long set...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By brycer1968
KH Bearing Issues?

unigoat;1166164 wrote:
Has anyone had issues with recent KH bearings (07/08)? A quick site
search didn't turn up much.

My 07/08 KH 24 only has about 1/2 a dozen rides on it and the...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By brycer1968
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

munirocks;1139406 wrote:
Thanks lowlight, I did look at it, but I think my KH29 frame would be
better due to its lighter weight, friendlier crown and definitely
schlumpfable bearing holders....
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By brycer1968
post your homemade handlebars here!

unisk8r;1151852 wrote:
Heres the first set of bars I had on Florian Green. The intent was to
have close grips for mounting and slow speeds, as well as multiple
forward positions for speed...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By brycer1968
post your homemade handlebars here!

siafirede;1151008 wrote:
You need to click the insert image button (has a mountain as the icon):
[image:
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By brycer1968
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

john_childs;1147368 wrote:
A question for the KH/Schlumpf 36er owners. How stiff and strong is the
wheel? The flange width of the KH/Schlumpf hub is less than what I'm
used to with an...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By brycer1968
post your homemade handlebars here!

munirocks;1145196 wrote:
So my T7 snapped today, and I don't think I'll be getting another one
before Roger improves the design once more. I think he should at least
put them on sale now...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By brycer1968
New spokes on old, drilled hub?

A new hub is like $30 and with the price you paid for spokes, I wouldn't
even considering reusing the one with the drilled holes. I don't even
think spoke head washers would help with that big of a...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

OneWheelLess;1144765 wrote:
i'm wondering if a saddle more geared toward comfort bikes would be more
along the lines of the needs of a unicyclist. these seats are still
more streamlined than...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

OneWheelLess;1144765 wrote:
i'm wondering if a saddle more geared toward comfort bikes would be more
along the lines of the needs of a unicyclist. these seats are still
more streamlined than...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

saskatchewanian;1143965 wrote:
haha, wow that seat is massive. The seat that I used was a pretty normal
looking one. I can't imagine anyone riding that thing on a bike where
they are sitting...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

john_childs;1137784 wrote:
A downhill specific seat like the 'Azonic Love Seat'
(http://tinyurl.com/6a8udo) might be worth a try.

John: I was hopeful about this idea so I got a hold of an...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By brycer1968
home made tire anyone?

saskatchewanian;1141927 wrote:
Made the test (26") tire today. It took a lot longer to make than I
thought it would, especially to make the bead. It was also really hard
to work with light...
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By brycer1968
home made tire anyone?

I thought of this thread whan I saw this bit on monocycles recently. If
you look closely at Ben Wilson's cycle, you can see a Schwalbe Marathon
sidewall logo. . . so is this some photoshop bit of...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By brycer1968
Brand new broken Schlumpf

rolandisimo;1139690 wrote:
dude, that sucks
I know your pain, my geared hub is in for repairs now too - mine took 6
months to break.

ro

I'm following all these threads of broken KH...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

saskatchewanian;1137957 wrote:
I went out and got a seat and post and tried it out.

I am using my handlebar with a Kalloy seatpost (unfortunately 24.0 so I
needed to shim) and a KHS saddle...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

Oh and the three objectives behind such a move:
1. Increasing comfort
2. Decreasing weight
3. Increasing the efficiency of "the spin", not having the front part
of the seat to rub against your...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By brycer1968
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

Bike seat on a 36er for road riding??

Those of you with significant, larger handlebars or even aero bars that
effectively hold you into the saddle and reduce the need for the forward
part of the...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By brycer1968
The $3 Handle Experiment

saskatchewanian;1134278 wrote:
I tried my first handle (very similar to this one) on my 26 in Muni mode
and found that it just got in the way. I find I want to be much more
upright when...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By brycer1968
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

brycer1968;1131879 wrote:
Oh man that brings back some great memories Boisei: Most of which have
to do with overdoing it . . .the subject of this thread . . .Getting
thrown out of a strip...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By brycer1968
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

boisei;1131789 wrote:
A while back my unicycle gang organized a Zombie Cycle Rampage for the
local multi-week cycle-fest that goes on in these parts.

My wife and I got our Zombie on and...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By brycer1968
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

naturequack;1131161 wrote:
I have never been too drunk to unicycle, and I must admit that years ago
I gave it a good try. Could I unicycle well while drunk? Nope! Could
I unicycle in a...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By brycer1968
Muscle Memory & Unicycling?

Unicorn;1131063 wrote:
I do whats called the two beer test. After I feel that I have mastered a
new skill such as riding up a sidewalk curbs I will drink two beers and
see if I still have the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73