Showing results 1 to 25 of 350
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D.M. Procida
Forum: UK October 12th 10, 04:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By D.M. Procida
New panniers, what to choose?

Peter Clinch wrote:

D.M. Procida wrote:
I had some nice Wiggle Altura ones, which combined a roll-top sealing
mechanism with a storm-flap that closed down over...
Forum: UK October 12th 10, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By D.M. Procida
New panniers, what to choose?

I had some nice Wiggle Altura ones, which combined a roll-top sealing
mechanism with a storm-flap that closed down over it.

It seems better than the Ortlieb mechanisms, which just have a...
Forum: UK April 21st 10, 09:22 AM Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By D.M. Procida
Another URCM rejection

Tom Crispin wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:52:46 +0100, Pedt "\"@
wrote:

Please don't use the same subject line for...
Forum: UK October 30th 09, 04:16 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

Al C-F wrote:

Pity you weren't riding in a manner that allowed you to stay
in control.

The Germans have a word for it.
Forum: UK October 30th 09, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

Al C-F wrote:

CAN'T TYPE IT due to an accident this morning that leaves me with only
one useful hand at the moment.
That was the...
Forum: UK October 29th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

Thanks, but you are wrong yet again I was knocked off my motorcycle
early this morning and am suffering a dislocated elbow, now re-set and
in a cast, still...
Forum: UK October 28th 09, 10:42 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

What you all have not taken in to account is that I related the story
from the lady and have repeatedly had to ring her since the first
posting to...
Forum: UK October 28th 09, 09:11 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

What you all have not taken in to account is that I related the story
from the lady and have repeatedly had to ring her since the first
posting to get...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 07:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Pedals

bugbear wrote:

I watched a cyclist pull up outide a pub, got his feet stuck in the clips
and the whole bike + cyclist toppled sideways. It provided some...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

I'm not trying to be right, I asked for advice and opinion and have
received abuse and insults.
I have explained it over and over until a pre school child...
Forum: UK October 25th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By D.M. Procida
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

Tom Crispin wrote:

This discussion is off topic in this group, and is also off-topic in
u.r.c.m.

It is well within the bounds of current usage of...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

Mr. Benn wrote:

I still think pedal clips are a safety hazard. They help you to
trasfer more energy to the bike but at the expense of safety. But
I'm not the...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

Mr. Benn wrote:

Based on what? I have no problem unclipping from a pedal.

I certainly have had problems which is why I removed the clips from my
pedals. I have also...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Pedals

Mr. Benn wrote:

I ride clipped in all the time, and it's not rubbish. Unclipping from
my pedals is as easy and immediate as if I were not using them. He
doesn't know...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 03:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Pedals (was: Who is liable for the damage?)

Mr. Benn wrote:

Hardly surprising really, cyclists in city centres are usually seen
with their feet firmly clipped to the pedals, obviously they have no
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

Hardly surprising really, cyclists in city centres are usually seen
with their feet firmly clipped to the pedals, obviously they have no
intentions of stopping...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:12 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

My friend, in Catford strangely enough almost at the end of Doug's
road, whilst driving her small shopping trolly car went to enter a
side road, She was entering...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:12 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By D.M. Procida
Who is liable for the damage?

NM wrote:

Aside I also had a 300tdi disco, engine boiled then fried so I
scrapped it, I still have 5 freestyle wheels shod with excellent
pirelli scorpions

That sounds...
Forum: UK October 22nd 09, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By D.M. Procida
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

wafflycat wrote:

Goodness! Why are all these toys scattered around the pram?

posts prior to mine with same type of content have been allowed on the
group...
Forum: UK October 22nd 09, 04:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By D.M. Procida
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

wafflycat wrote:

Apparently tolerance is not forthcoming. A very short post thanking those
who put in all the work to get u.r.c.m. off the ground was...
Forum: UK October 19th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By D.M. Procida
Goodbye uk.rec.cycling; Helllo U.R.C.moderated

Mr. Benn wrote:

Last post to this 'newsgroup'. Those that remain, enjoy the Troll-fest.

Excellent, the sooner the militants fu*k off there, the better. Then this
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By D.M. Procida
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderatedPASSES 128:24

Paul Rudin wrote:

A philosopher would have no trouble with that, whereas it seems that
no journalist has ever understood it (or been able to believe that
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 12:04 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 87
Posted By D.M. Procida
Newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated now created

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Will you, or they, or somebody be keeping records of how many
posts/posters are accepted or rejected? I'd just be interested to see
Forum: UK October 13th 09, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Dave Larrington wrote:

A philosopher would have no trouble with that, whereas it seems that
no journalist has ever understood it (or been able to believe that
Forum: UK October 11th 09, 12:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By D.M. Procida
Wanted Touring frame

anern wrote:

Just popped the chain stay on my claud butler frame and I'm looking for a
replacement at reasonable cost. 24.5in seat tube, reynolds touring steel
tubing,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 350