Showing results 1 to 25 of 272
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ddog
Forum: Marketplace May 4th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 61
Posted By ddog
Help Me Choose A Headlight

On May 1, 11:10 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
I'm wondering whether to get the Light & Motion ARC Li-Ion Ultra HID
or the NiteRider Moab HID/LED. They're both the same...
Forum: Recumbent Biking May 4th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 62
Posted By ddog
Help Me Choose A Headlight

On May 1, 11:10 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
I'm wondering whether to get the Light & Motion ARC Li-Ion Ultra HID
or the NiteRider Moab HID/LED. They're both the same...
Forum: Techniques May 4th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 86
Posted By ddog
Help Me Choose A Headlight

On May 1, 11:10 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
I'm wondering whether to get the Light & Motion ARC Li-Ion Ultra HID
or the NiteRider Moab HID/LED. They're both the same...
Forum: General May 4th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 70
Posted By ddog
Help Me Choose A Headlight

On May 1, 11:10 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
I'm wondering whether to get the Light & Motion ARC Li-Ion Ultra HID
or the NiteRider Moab HID/LED. They're both the same...
Forum: Techniques March 24th 07, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By ddog
how is a frame's BB shell determined if in spec?

On Mar 24, 1:37 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Some new frames, especially titanium, use a pre-threaded shell which
warps during welding. In Titanium this is a real...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 07, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By ddog
11-28 9-speed Cassette?

On Mar 16, 1:59 am, RS wrote:
Does anyone make a 9-speed 11-28 cassette? Reasonabley priced in
approximate Ultegra quality? thanks.

For cassettes, Harris has the widest...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ddog
tips on painting frame

On Mar 9, 6:36 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
ddog wrote:
Don't know allot about painting tips, but don't breath it in and wear
resperator. Hear it can...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ddog
tips on painting frame

On Mar 8, 1:54 pm, A Muzi wrote:
On Mar 8, 11:58 am, David Griffith wrote:
ddog wrote:
Don't know allot about painting tips, but don't breath it...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ddog
tips on painting frame

On Mar 8, 11:58 am, David Griffith wrote:
I am refinishing an early 80's Guerciotti. I've stripped paint off of
it, sanded & wire brushed some rust spots. Soon I will have a...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By ddog
tips on painting frame

On Mar 8, 11:58 am, David Griffith wrote:
I am refinishing an early 80's Guerciotti. I've stripped paint off of
it, sanded & wire brushed some rust spots. Soon I will have a...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ddog
Jand Mountianeering Cycling Shorts Anyone Use them??

On Mar 7, 9:24 pm, "Sirrus Rider"
wrote:
I've used Performance's Colorblock shorts and their classic short. The
Colorblocks aren't too bad; however, the...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 07, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By ddog
Jand Mountianeering Cycling Shorts Anyone Use them??

On Mar 7, 1:59 am, "Sirrus Rider"
wrote:
I know Jannd Moutianeering makes excellent bags and panniers; however, I see
that they also make cycling shorts. Does...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By ddog
Just finished my bike!

On Mar 6, 5:03 pm, "
wrote:
Hi All,

I just tightened the last bolt on my project bike I've been working on
over the winter.

Forum: Techniques March 6th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By ddog
Converting Campy levers 9 to 8 to 10?

On Mar 6, 1:26 am, A Muzi wrote:
SJB wrote:
Chorus levers, converted from 9 to 8 speed. Could they be converted to
10 speed?

Numbers, such a puzzle.

If...
Forum: Techniques March 6th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By ddog
rec.bicycles.tech - FAQ?

On Mar 5, 8:18 pm, wrote:
Dear D,

I'm intrigued.

I know that Google Groups has a star-rating feature, but how do you
get it to show which user gave a post what...
Forum: Techniques March 6th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By ddog
rec.bicycles.tech - FAQ?

On Mar 5, 7:04 pm, A Muzi wrote:
Ozark Bicycle wrote:
Apparently, there are no mirrors to be found at Chez Brandt! ;-)

I read the Wiki exchange and didn't draw that...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By ddog
Shifter cables routed under BB, ice?

On Mar 4, 7:49 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
Bare shifter cables are routed under the BB, and (who would have
thought?) when it's slightly below freezing, they pick up road...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By ddog
Is there a water bottle adapter available to lower cage?

On Mar 3, 5:38 pm, "Cat Dailey" wrote:
If a water bottle will actually fit into the cage, someone does make a cage
that takes the bottle from the side, rather than the...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By ddog
rec.bicycles.tech - FAQ?

On Mar 4, 11:24 am, jim beam wrote:
potentially, yes. and this has been suggested here before. the
solution is a bike wiki, which someone actually started, but the...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 7:20 pm, "ddog" wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:50 pm, "Hank Wirtz" wrote:

On Feb 27, 8:03 pm, "Sheldon Brown" ...
Forum: Techniques March 1st 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 6:50 pm, "Hank Wirtz" wrote:
On Feb 27, 8:03 pm, "Sheldon Brown" wrote:

Nitto Technomics are all the same height, come with...
Forum: Techniques March 1st 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 9:38 am, "
wrote:
On Feb 27, 6:30 pm, "ddog" wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:23 pm, "ddog"...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 3:18 pm, Ted Bennett wrote:
"ddog" wrote:
I like to be in prone position when using brakes, so I don't have a
chance in...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 12:23 pm, A Muzi wrote:
"ddog" wrote:
After investigation, I thought would go to Nitto 26mm bars and Nitto
longer Stem...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By ddog
Nitto Stem questions (2) and Weimann brake lever bracket question (1)

On Feb 28, 12:13 pm, "Sheldon Brown"
wrote:
Phil Bailey wrote:
But even a fit kit would be deceptive, because until you rode with it
in different circumstances...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 272