Showing results 1 to 25 of 203
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 26th 07, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase.

On Jan 26, 1:03 pm, "ddog" wrote:
Starting to understand better now?

You're still struggling with the emotional aspect of it, but you've
successfully bottom-posted a...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase.

On Jan 26, 10:40 am, "ddog" wrote:
(On Jan 26, 11:28 am, wrote):

You are full of ****.

Sincerely, D-y

Yo' momma!

Which of the many degrees...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase.

On Jan 26, 9:35 am, "ddog" wrote:

After several degrees, if you so desire, you will understand the
policies behind the procedures, and
will be less judgemental on...
Forum: Techniques January 25th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Unnerving braking experiences; sudden braking increase.

On Jan 24, 7:21 pm, Michael Press wrote:
At a later point in the brake
application, the braking force suddenly increased
sharply. This happened more than once. Had not...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Occluded dropouts - Specialized circa 1989

On Jan 24, 4:35 am, Jim Higson wrote:

By the way, is it possible to cause damage by doing up a QR too tight?
With
Horizontal dropouts I tend to do them up very tight, but am always...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Solving the bicycle problem

Terry Morse wrote:

http://www.bodyriteltd.com/

He's channeling Eli Whitney? --D-y
Forum: General January 23rd 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42

Terry Morse wrote:

http://www.bodyriteltd.com/

He's channeling Eli Whitney? --D-y
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Stripped single speed hub

Paul wrote:
Group:

I am the original poster, and am writing to let you know what happened.
In the end, not having a clear consensus, I went for the "go for the
best" approach. I took the...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

wrote:

Saab has been an also-ran for years in the country of Ford and GM.
Their current models are much like the mainstream with an emphasis on
quality... but...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Campagnolo "controllo" numbers

A Muzi wrote:
wrote:
The numbers printed on the white/blue stickers-- are these useful in
ID-ing parts? Example: 010,118 on an 8sp cassette-- does this tell
anything...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Campagnolo "controllo" numbers

The numbers printed on the white/blue stickers-- are these useful in
ID-ing parts? Example: 010,118 on an 8sp cassette-- does this tell
anything about the construction of the cassette? --D-y
Forum: General January 20th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

wrote:

Interestingly, the Wankel first found real fertile soil at NSU in
Neckarsulm (from which the name arises) just north of Stuttgart where
I was working at...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

wrote:

Interestingly, the Wankel first found real fertile soil at NSU in
Neckarsulm (from which the name arises) just north of Stuttgart where
I was working at...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

wrote:

The Wankel is dead!

I looked for some sales figures; this is the first thing I found:
"As of March 31, 2005, 114,444 RX-8 models had been sold...
Forum: General January 20th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

wrote:

The Wankel is dead!

I looked for some sales figures; this is the first thing I found:
"As of March 31, 2005, 114,444 RX-8 models had been sold...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

Ken C. M. wrote:
Ask Chrysler they tried to get one [gas turbine] to work in a prototype back in 70s
and it went nowhere fast.

http://www.turbinecar.com/introduction.htm --D-y
Forum: General January 20th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

Ken C. M. wrote:
Ask Chrysler they tried to get one [gas turbine] to work in a prototype back in 70s
and it went nowhere fast.

http://www.turbinecar.com/introduction.htm --D-y
Forum: Techniques January 19th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
'Dutch Grease' syringe in Lupine lightset?

wrote:
The dialectric grease looked an awful lot like vaseline.

Yo, vaseline: (dutch grease) http://tinyurl.com/2oomdr

--D-y
Forum: General January 17th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 147
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

Ken C. M. wrote:

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3741362681682291899&q=bicycle&pr=goog-sl

"Titanium is slippery"?

The truck tire didn't "test"...
Forum: Techniques January 17th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By [email protected]
OT Interesting video

Ken C. M. wrote:

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3741362681682291899&q=bicycle&pr=goog-sl

"Titanium is slippery"?

The truck tire didn't "test"...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Stripped single speed hub

or
kludge up something from old-style hubs.

And yet you want to kludge up something from a cassette hub....

I'm not sure how much of a kludge it really is. In days of yore, we...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Racing / Training Bike for 6' Woman

Rebecca Gutwin wrote:
I have a 36" inseam with a 6' frame, which means that my torso is about
the average woman's size, but my legs and arms are a heck of a lot
longer. I was wondering if...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Squeaking shoes / cleats

Mark wrote:
wrote:
I have a friend who used a Dremel tool w/grinder or "sandpaper" bit to
lightly buff off the "squeak points" on his Look cleats. (Obvious from
dark...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Sidi Screws - Again

philcycles wrote:
Rebecca Morris wrote:

A couple of questions:
Are stainless steel screws a good idea? Anyone have their cleat screws rust
on their shoes?
See any problems with a...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Squeaking shoes / cleats

Joel wrote:
Ever since I bought new shoes and cleats I have had chronic squeaking
that is worse when I stand.
The old shoes were Sidi Genius 3 with standard red look cleats which
never ever...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 203