Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AWN
Forum: Marketplace August 29th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By AWN
wtb crank set

I have a 105 double if you're interested.

On 24/08/09 6:16 PM, in article ,
"tgbikes" wrote:

175 skimano square double, I have good rings 600...
Forum: Techniques January 9th 09, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Is there any way to adjust return spring tension on a Rapid Rise

Thanks Chris. I don't think this is the case for the Rapid Rise models so I
didn't know if there might be another means to do this...

Take care,
Andrew.

On 08/01/09 12:08 PM, in...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Is there any way to adjust return spring tension on a Rapid Rise XTrear D?

Hi there,

I know many of the normal rise XT derailleurs have an adjustable return
spring tension but it appears that the capability was removed on the rapid
rise models. Maybe I'm missing...
Forum: Techniques August 7th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By AWN
SH-50 or SH-51 cleats with PD-M959 pedals?

As far as I know, here's the deal on these cleats. I prefer the
multi-release with a tiny bit of float. I would take multi-release with no
float but I'm not sure the design is possible.

SM-SH50 no...
Forum: Marketplace July 21st 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
WTB: spoke tensionmeter/tensioner??

I appreciate the feedback. I have quality tools otherwise but have always
thought a tension meter may make things easier and safer. I know there are
many thoughts on this. My truing stand is as...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

Andres, I thought the same thing at first with regards to axle spacing till
I gave it some thought and AM made me realize that it was impossible. It
ended up being an extra spacer on one side that...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

It turned out that I had an extra spacer on one side. I tried flipping the
cones also but I didn't notice much of a difference. Needless to say, the
hub is wonderfull, the wheel is dead nuts center...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By AWN
building a wheel set

I like them to be as close as possible. It seems to make for better braking
on my roadie but I'm sure the effect is negligible. The last set I built
was within 2-3 1000ths and I felt good about it....
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

I never thought that I may have physically swapped the cones. Good call -
that must be the ticket. Next time I'm going to ensure that all the
components are in alignment/order on a zip tie or the...
Forum: Marketplace July 17th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
WTB: spoke tensionmeter/tensioner??

I canıt recall the exact correct name but I need the tensioning device for
spokes/wheel building/truing. If any of you have upgraded or strayed away
from using this, I would be interested in hearing...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

Andres,

Thanks for your comments. To answer your questions, it is a disc braking
system so running with them this way isn't an option. As for sitting in the
frame centered beforehand, yes, the...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

Chris,

The frame is straight as an arrow (this isn't on the bike that was crashed).
As for the wheel, it was fine before I rebuilt the hub so I think maybe I
messed up the spacing. It seems to me...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By AWN
broken rear derailleur, limp home as single speed?

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. The RD hit the spokes and was
obliterated as it also took out a dozen spokes before the wheel bent the
dropouts. Anyway, I straightened the wheel on a...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

I know this thread has deviated a little and I'm glad to have helped get the
conversation going. If anyone is still following my original post, I have
now fully rebuilt all 3 of my hubs (one XT and...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By AWN
building a wheel set

You can 'get buy' truing/building wheels with a nail mounted to your frame
dropouts with the wheel clamped on one dropout only. This will work well to
be able to gauge the dish on the cassette side...
Forum: Marketplace July 12th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By AWN
WTB/WTT: SRAM X7/X9 rear D

Good day,
On my last outing a friend of mine was riding my backup bike and skipped the
chain over the top of the cassette on a downhill. I lost the
rim/spokes/rear derailleur, bent the frame and...
Forum: Techniques June 29th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By AWN
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

This may sound like a silly question but my experience with working on hubs
is limited to minor adjustments to cone tension. I have 2 rear Deore/LX mtb
hubs that seem to be Œstickingı a little as if...
Forum: Marketplace May 1st 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By AWN
WTB/T Flightdeck harness

Nino,

I'm fairly certain that I have what you're after. As a matter of fact, I
think I have the entire 6501 Flight Deck with harness (I may have part
number wrong). Email me and we'll work out a...
Forum: Marketplace April 20th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By AWN
LF: dead Cane Creek AD-10 shock

If anyone has a junked AD-10 Cane Creek shock, please let me know. I need
to scrounge a few bolts.

Thanks.
Andrew.
Forum: Techniques April 10th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.collecting.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Help identifying/dating Raleigh Delta road/touring bike

Jeff,
Thanks for the information and insight.
Take care,
Andrew.

in article , JeffWills
at wrote on 4/7/07 12:56 AM:

I...
Forum: Techniques April 10th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.collecting.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Help identifying/dating Raleigh Delta road/touring bike

Thanks very kindly for the inforamtive response!
Take care,
Andrew.

Sounds like a UK version of the 1977~1980-ish Raleigh Super Record or
Gran Sport built at Osaka. Each division had its own...
Forum: Techniques April 7th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.collecting.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By AWN
Help identifying/dating Raleigh Delta road/touring bike

Good evening,

If any of you affectionados care to help, I have been looking everywhere
for more info on this bike and have come up with nothing. This bike may
well be a collector * Iım not...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,ont.bicycle,rec.bicycles.misc,toronto.forsale.misc,niagara.forsale.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By AWN
FA:Miele Binova 57cm w ft 105 hub/Profile Aerobar and IRCRedstorm rubber (Ebay)

If anyone is interested in a Miele Binova with Ambrosio wheels and IRC
Redstorms, check out this auction. Item is located in Niagara,...
Forum: Marketplace March 19th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,ont.bicycle,rec.bicycles.misc,toronto.forsale.misc,niagara.forsale.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By AWN
FA:Miele Binova 57cm w ft 105 hub/Profile Aerobar and IRCRedstorm rubber (Ebay)

If anyone is interested in a Miele Binova with Ambrosio wheels and IRC
Redstorms, check out this auction. Item is located in Niagara,...
Forum: General January 31st 07, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By AWN
Looking for info on early 90s Raleigh Montage hybrid/touring bike

I was wondering if any of you might have any knowledge of the setup (OEM) of
this Raleigh hybrid? It's a silver Raleigh Montage (pink and light blue
decals, threaded hs.. Heavy steel, etc...). As I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27