Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: UK February 26th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By John
Trail-gator

Hello, I've been gone a while... (the best part of eight years according
to Google groups).

My wife and I are considering buying a Trail-gator for our 3.5 year old
daughter. Googling for...
Forum: UK January 20th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By John
Pedal crank keeps coming loose.

"Alan" wrote in message
Hello

I wonder if anyone could give me a clue about what might be happening with
my
bike (a...
Forum: UK January 17th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By John
Not so good Waitrose.

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
Forum: UK January 11th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By John
Camera backpack

Does anyone have experience of using a backpack type camera bag to carry a
SLR kit while cycling? I believe there are some which sit on the back but
can be somehow swung round to the front...
Forum: UK January 8th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Aldi Heart Rate Monitors £12.99

Aldi are selling their Heart Rate Monitors this Thursday at £12.99.

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_28.html
Forum: UK December 25th 06, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By John
Protecting the head ...

Tony Raven wrote:
LSMike wrote on 25/12/2006 13:21 +0100:

On Dec 24, 6:30 pm, John wrote:
I for one was lucky enough to have been very well protected when I
Forum: UK December 24th 06, 07:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By John
Protecting the head ...

Nick Kew wrote:
New research tells us how to protect the head when engaging
in potentially-risky activities. Could be a useful one when
facing a well-meaning friend who has silly ideas ...
Forum: General December 12th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 231
Posted By John
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

The information you require can be found here.

http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/42256c2b001e0f6ac22567cb001ee534/42256c2b001e0f6a422569d200305334?OpenDocument

John

What is the formula...
Forum: UK December 12th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 216
Posted By John
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

The information you require can be found here.

http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/42256c2b001e0f6ac22567cb001ee534/42256c2b001e0f6a422569d200305334?OpenDocument

John

What is the formula...
Forum: UK December 11th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Altura Night Vision Waterproof Jacket

For anybody interested in the 'Altura Night Vision Waterproof Jacket', which
got a good review in C+. Cyclexpress are doing it for £47.99 plus 10% off
today.

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/
Forum: UK December 10th 06, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 216
Posted By John
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

Polar heart rate monitors have a calorie counting counter on most of their
models. How accurate they are I don't know. I went for an hour cross-country
run yesterday and burnt around 820 calories...
Forum: General December 10th 06, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 231
Posted By John
Is heart rate a good measure of fat burning?

Polar heart rate monitors have a calorie counting counter on most of their
models. How accurate they are I don't know. I went for an hour cross-country
run yesterday and burnt around 820 calories...
Forum: UK December 8th 06, 05:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By John
Tornado advice

Tony Raven wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote on 07/12/2006 19:42 +0100:
Following the news today from Northwest London, does anyone have any
hits and tips if an unexpected tornado should strike when...
Forum: UK November 29th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By John
London Cycling Blackspots

spindrift wrote:
From Evening Standard, no link, sorry.

Euston Rd underpass
Tottenham Hale one-way system
Vauxhall Cross

This is truly appalling approaching from the oval going to...
Forum: UK November 12th 06, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By John
New trike

Hi, I mentioned whiles back about my local council starting a 'Cycle courier'
post delivering internal mail. Well the tricycle has been finally purchased,...
Forum: UK November 11th 06, 08:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 120
Posted By John
To what extent should the government provide provisions for cyclists?

On 2006-11-11, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message ,
Forum: UK October 30th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By John
Servicing

"Peter" wrote in message
Hello

I bought a Trek a few months ago, and until recently it hasn't had an
awful lot of use....
Forum: UK October 25th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By John
Kinetics Cycle Shop - SON Hub

"Slark" wrote in message
I've seen Kinetics recommended for SON hubs. Looking at their website,
there is a cost of £45 to build into a...
Forum: UK October 25th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By John
Bike OK?

"soup" wrote in message
Am planning on getting this :-
http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/catalogue/detail.cfm?ID=22630
Forum: UK October 23rd 06, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John
Edinburgh Tune Up Workstand/Argos Folding Maintenance Stand

"Walney" wrote in message
Does anybody know if these are the same item, differently badged? They
look...
Forum: UK October 3rd 06, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By John
super stuck cassette lockring

"tom" wrote in message
Thanks to all who replied.

To end this debacle, after hitting, groaning and...
Forum: UK October 3rd 06, 06:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Clicking when pedalling hard

wrote in message
I bought a new Specialized Hardrock a few weeks ago from a bike shop
which is a long way from...
Forum: UK August 16th 06, 07:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By John
Scaried monent on a bike?

wrote in message
Has to be just past Shawfield Stadium on the Route 75 in Glasgow and a
bunch of Gypo dogs...
Forum: UK July 31st 06, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By John
Best commuting tyre & best pump?

"elyob" wrote in message
My Specialized Ex Armadillos are looking pretty ropey and I've decided
that I need to get new tyres....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33