Showing results 1 to 25 of 289
Search took 0.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: William R. Mattil
Forum: Racing January 23rd 13, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By William R. Mattil
Cache Cache (Aspen, Colorado)

On 1/22/2013 2:07 AM, Jane Doe wrote:

I've eaten there. Terrible!

The Kool Ade there is pretty good from what I hear....

Bill
Forum: Racing February 7th 12, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By William R. Mattil
AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

On 2/4/2012 7:46 AM, tritonrider wrote:

Let's face it he's easily the most tested/investigated athlete in
history and comes out, if not clean at least reasonably so in
comparison.

Now if...
Forum: Racing February 4th 12, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By William R. Mattil
AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement.......

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Forum: Racing January 24th 12, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By William R. Mattil
Another Bridge Too Far ?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmussen-suit-against-rabobank-still-pending
--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com
Forum: Racing December 16th 11, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By William R. Mattil
Another senseless death

http://enews.lmc.edu/?p=1161

She was a regular attendee on our Mon and Wed afternoon rides.

She *will* be missed.

Bill
Forum: Racing November 15th 11, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 51
Posted By William R. Mattil
It's Tuesday

On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
On 11/15/2011 8:36 AM, Brad Anders wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-lawyers-ready-for-federal-battle

Looks like Laff's Tuesday may be...
Forum: Racing October 6th 11, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 66
Posted By William R. Mattil
For Chung and Asher

On 10/5/2011 11:47 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

Me? I'm probably window dressing in front of a Congressional committee
next Wednesday. Slightest of slight chances that I'll testify. For the
Forum: Racing September 27th 11, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 41
Posted By William R. Mattil
The least consequential world championship road race ever - 2011

On 9/26/2011 4:40 PM, RicodJour wrote:

When was the last triathlon that had a 160 mile bike leg? The
difference between 100 and 160 is substantial...almost 60!

Mathematically challenged...
Forum: Racing August 28th 11, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By William R. Mattil
Anton got married this weekend.

On 8/28/2011 1:22 PM, BL wrote:

Nothing's changed. Congrats to you and Liz.

OK Brian. Finally a post with substance ..... and funny too. Thanks.
Forum: Racing August 27th 11, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By William R. Mattil
LA/Feds

On 8/27/2011 11:02 AM, BL wrote:

Once I make any substantive comment

You have never actually done this. None of your comments have any
substance to them. And that dear boy is the...
Forum: Racing August 26th 11, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By William R. Mattil
Pitiful TV coverage of the USA "PRO" Cycling Challenge

On 8/26/2011 12:57 PM, --D-y wrote:

I saw the Zinger/Coors a couple of times including the day Johnathan/
Jaques Boy-er/Boy-A got his laps back. Funny about how getting good
racers together...
Forum: Racing August 25th 11, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By William R. Mattil
The word is out: It's over.

On 8/25/2011 1:30 PM, BL wrote:

As complex federal investigations go, this one seems to be proceeding
nicely. You won't have to wait much longer to read the indictment.

You don't have a...
Forum: Racing August 22nd 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By William R. Mattil
Titanium as a frame material

On 8/22/2011 11:47 AM, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Steel bicycle frames now have no known purpose.

Other than propel a rider down the road you mean ?

Nothing wrong with steel. Except that the...
Forum: Racing August 12th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By William R. Mattil
Fore/aft position on saddle when climbing.

On 8/11/2011 2:50 PM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

I don't know if that's true, as I will run (ugh) but am not a
triathlete - my ancestors evolved to walk on solid ground
and I wish to...
Forum: Racing July 28th 11, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By William R. Mattil
Unbelievable

Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-giro-tour-double-is-possible-with-a-stronger-team

He's very adept at...
Forum: Racing July 21st 11, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By William R. Mattil
Does anyone see the Schlecks attacking tomorrow and Friday

On 7/21/2011 10:46 AM, Brad Anders wrote:

First to say I'm eating crow. Impressive attack, too bad he cracked in
the last k.

Perhaps the "crack" as you put it is indicative of a cleaner...
Forum: Racing July 18th 11, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By William R. Mattil
Lafferties Probably all over this

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-victim-of-character-assassination

[ Watch for line wrap ]

I particularly like this snippet:

"The motion suggests that information from the Armstrong...
Forum: Racing July 7th 11, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By William R. Mattil
Cheung, not Chung, but still all about power

On 7/7/2011 9:42 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 7, 10:15 am, wrote:
On Jul 6, 10:06 pm, Ryan wrote:

Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By William R. Mattil
Quickstep Bus Stopped

On 7/1/2011 12:33 PM, BL wrote:
and taken into police custody to be searched.
Forum: Racing June 29th 11, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By William R. Mattil
Semi-trivial Crank observations

On 6/29/2011 12:27 PM, Scott wrote:

Let me be the first to point out you're in the wrong forum. This forum
is for legal and/or religious rants.

It's easy to get confused with this. As the...
Forum: Racing June 23rd 11, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 32
Posted By William R. Mattil
Armstrong In Deep Trouble

On 6/23/2011 10:18 AM, BL wrote:

Keep rolling, Fanboy. ROTFL!!!!

I think that using the same criteria that you use to determine that
anyone not agreeing with your Lance is cooked theory could...
Forum: Racing June 21st 11, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By William R. Mattil
CNBC on Armstrong

On 6/20/2011 3:34 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Jun 20, 1:33 pm, "William R.
wrote:
On 6/20/2011 1:27 PM, Choppy Warburton wrote:

I'm curious. Is...
Forum: Racing June 20th 11, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By William R. Mattil
CNBC on Armstrong

On 6/20/2011 1:27 PM, Choppy Warburton wrote:

I'm curious. Is doping for an athletic contest illegal in the US?

It is if you signed a contract where you said you wouldn't dope you
Forum: Racing June 12th 11, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 30
Posted By William R. Mattil
Max heart rates and age

On 6/12/2011 10:38 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:

Bill - I understand what you're saying but and steady state effort in
power will ultimately result in a steady state heart rate. When I
look at my...
Forum: Racing June 12th 11, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 30
Posted By William R. Mattil
Max heart rates and age

On 6/12/2011 2:06 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

I realize that power is the in thing these days, and sometime I'll give
it a try (waiting for the vaporware pedal version to appear), but there
Showing results 1 to 25 of 289