Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark McNeill
Forum: UK December 14th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cyclists above the law

Response to :

I have never said I don't use hi-vis, but it is cycling specific
clothing, not a Navvy's vest.

Last time this subject came up I meant to wonder aloud if it...
Forum: UK December 1st 09, 03:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cyclists above the law

Response to Conor:

Cyclists are the problem, they & their poxy cycle lanes cause
delays & traffic jams for motorists who put their hands in their
pockets.

You mean those...
Forum: UK November 29th 09, 02:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cyclists above the law

Response to Huge:

Look, bozo, attempting to justify ignoring the law because others
do it too is "tu quoque".

Er, of course. And when one is not attempting to justify ignoring
Forum: UK November 29th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cyclists above the law

Response to Huge:

Look, bozo, attempting to justify ignoring the law because others do
it too is "tu quoque".

Er, of course. And when one is not attempting to justify ignoring the
law?

--
Forum: UK November 29th 09, 01:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 1,790

Response to Steve Firth:

No I'd find myself being drawn into the typical cyclists "tu
quoque" fallacy.

How come this incorrectly used phrase has become popular all of a
Forum: UK November 27th 09, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Mark McNeill
Tied and soldered spokes.

Response to Naqerj:

Anyway, the front wheels have drum brakes on the inside.
However, the outside flange, the hub body and the brake drum are not
fixed to one another, which means that the...
Forum: UK November 26th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cyclist stops at red traffic light

Response to Dave Kahn:

Interesting. Some time ago I bought a Volvo estate and I found that
other drivers intinctively got out of my way.

I found exactly the same thing when I got a...
Forum: UK November 12th 09, 11:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 363
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cycling KSI up by 19%

Response to Conor:

There is no such thing as perfectly safe.

Rubbish.

That one statement undermines your claim to be a professional
driver.
I'm currently sat...
Forum: UK November 7th 09, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Mark McNeill
Blue light experiment.

Response to Simon Mason:

No, not a lot of difference. Here is Mr Kennedy dressed much the same
as I am when I am on my bike!

Forum: UK November 7th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Mark McNeill
Blue light experiment.

Response to Simon Mason:

I was greatly interested in a letter from a cyclist who had fitted a
set of rear blue flashing leds to go alongside his flashing red ones.
Since he fitted them 3 years...
Forum: UK October 28th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 100
Posted By Mark McNeill
the other place

Response to Ian Smith:

Well, the moderators are quite happy to label me tedious and my
argument specious, so you can hardly object to me calling a spade a
spade.

Both of those may well...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By Mark McNeill
Pavement motorists.

Response to Keitht:

Does that mean I when see a cyclist all dressed up with hi-viz and
helmet outside my house and go "What's with the ****ing pavement?
Where's yer stabilisers?" it's...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Mark McNeill
Terrifying bike attack.

Response to Simon Mason:

The cyclist would have been in the wrong for
colliding with the car, and for not stopping.

Agreed, but it would hardly be "terrifying".

I don't know. I would...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 02:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Mark McNeill
Terrifying bike attack.

Response to Ian Jackson:

I don't remember whether that particular bit of Newmarket Road's
pavement is officially approved for contraflow on-pavement cycling.

It certainly looks like a farcility...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By Mark McNeill
Who is liable for the damage?

Response to D.M. Procida:

I was confusing clips with straps. Apologies.

I've not used straps, but they do sound a bit fussier.

I think that people who use them typically leave them...
Forum: UK October 16th 09, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 189
Posted By Mark McNeill
Chain cleaners and lights questions

Response to Roger Thorpe:

They have said it is suitable for the purpose.
No. They. Didn't.
Er, yes they did:

"[WD40] on a cycle chain will be better than nothing"...
Forum: UK October 11th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By Mark McNeill
Today I bought.

Response to Mike Causer:

My BlackBerry screen has an emergency contact number you can see
without unlocking it. Â*I was rather dismissive of the idea that you
should program "ICE" into...
Forum: UK September 3rd 09, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 169
Posted By Mark McNeill
dynamo lighting question

Response to John Dunlop:

I was asked if I was Australian by the natives whilst I was in
Cleveland. Not the Ohio one.

I walked into a gas station in Nevada, greeted the attendant,...
Forum: UK August 30th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Mark McNeill
What happened to the urcm voting results?

Response to Just zis Guy, you know?:

It's not as bad as a game played where someone posts a reminder
about an awful tune like 'The Birdy Song' and it sticks in your
head all day - nothing...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Mark McNeill
What happened to the urcm voting results?

Response to Wm...:

I have to say that although there are some pretty vile opponents
of this proposal,

Name them please, with your reason(s) for considering them to be
Forum: UK August 19th 09, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark McNeill
Strange cycle

Response to James:

I do quite a lot of
of mental arithmetic on my bike, actually

Me too; that, and trying to remember pieces of music (but I found that
could sometimes create feedback problems...
Forum: UK August 15th 09, 09:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Mark McNeill
Cycling Crash - ITU World Championship Series

Response to Keitht:

(Makes you wonder why jockeys are allowed to fall from horses and
break thier ankles. Steeplechase contestants in athletics might also
find helmets useful as would shot...
Forum: UK August 13th 09, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 436
Posted By Mark McNeill
Proposed Unofficial Call to Votes

Response to Wm...:

ie - you admit to being interested in my body : you are a pervert.

This is getting a bit weird for me. People inhabit bodies. I don't
see the perversion.

IANAP,...
Forum: UK August 13th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 436
Posted By Mark McNeill
Proposed Unofficial Call to Votes

Response to Mr Benn:

Most of the people posting in this thread know what a troll is. For
example, you're a troll. You're a very clumsy troll, but you've
gained a lot of victims.

Forum: UK August 9th 09, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 436
Posted By Mark McNeill
Proposed Unofficial Call to Votes

Response to Just zis Guy, you know?:

Nope, that was a forgery. But it's OK, I know judith uses a special
meaning of the word "despicable".

She puts me in mind of Daffy Duck; and it's not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500