Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 1.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Lewis
Forum: UK May 9th 12, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 45
Posted By Mike Lewis
A meeting with plod on Friday

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
I have a meeting with Humberside Police scheduled for 1100 this Friday in...
Forum: UK April 24th 12, 07:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport,uk.transport
Replies: 112
Posted By Mike Lewis
Cyclists in Cambridge to be fined for jumping red lights

"Mr Benn" wrote in message
This is very good news

Forum: UK August 10th 11, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Lewis
V brake blocks

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

On 06/08/2011 09:09, Mike...
Forum: UK August 6th 11, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Lewis
V brake blocks

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Mike Lewis wrote:

What are decent ones please. The...
Forum: UK August 5th 11, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Lewis
V brake blocks

What are decent ones please. The factory ones on my Marin always sound like
they have grit in them.
Forum: UK April 12th 11, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Lewis
suspension seat post

"Tosspot" wrote in message
On 04/06/2011 10:50 PM, Mike Lewis wrote:
snip

I've got a Post Moderne that...
Forum: UK April 12th 11, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Lewis
suspension seat post

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Apr 4, 7:48 pm, "Mike Lewis"...
Forum: UK April 6th 11, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Lewis
suspension seat post

snip

I've got a Post Moderne that seems to have lasted quite well, 3,000
miles and up with no visible play at all.

There's so many of the damn things, I eventually went with one I...
Forum: UK April 4th 11, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Lewis
suspension seat post

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
"Mike Lewis" wrote:
Who makes decent ones?

I have a...
Forum: UK April 4th 11, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Lewis
suspension seat post

Who makes decent ones?

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to side
waggle.

I'd rather get a...
Forum: UK October 29th 10, 07:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By Mike Lewis
Pensioner denied compo.

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
A 79 year old man has been denied any compensation from a bus company
Forum: UK June 3rd 10, 07:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Mike Lewis
I was intimidated twice by terrorist motorists yesterday.

"Doug" wrote in message

snip

as he continued without braking. Again, I was expected to give way...
Forum: UK December 26th 09, 02:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 195
Posted By Mike Lewis
Cyclists as organ donors + cycle lanes

being rammed from behind by a drunken car driver (not my fault). I
would still not deliberately jump a red light, as there may be traffic
moving at a reasonable speed across the junction in the...
Forum: UK December 26th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 195
Posted By Mike Lewis
Cyclists as organ donors + cycle lanes

As a cyclist (and fully licenced car driver) myself I am very well
aware that I will come off worst in any collision with a motor
vehicle, so I take precautions (helmet, lights etc), and do my...
Forum: UK September 10th 09, 07:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 185
Posted By Mike Lewis
What is a cyclist?

"Doug" wrote in message
On this newsgroup are motorists who also claim to be cyclists but who
are...
Forum: UK July 9th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Mike Lewis
Trek 1.7 Road bike - any views?

"BrianW" wrote in message
Hi,

I was involved in a collision just over three weeks ago with...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16