Showing results 1 to 25 of 121
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: marco
Forum: Racing February 6th 11, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By marco
About Mike

No, I'm not a fat-assed googler who knows any more about him, but I
will say his recent responses have been reasonable and entertaining
and I do hope he posts to rbr more regularly, although without...
Forum: Racing June 29th 10, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By marco
For Pedalchick...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/usa-cycling-junior-u23-elite-road-national-championships-cn-1/day-4/photos/127647

....or, if that link doesn't work:
http://tinyurl.com/28fkn53
Forum: Racing June 15th 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By marco
Tour de Suisse, stage 4 summary

DA74 wrote:
For those interested here's the link to the crash video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFh9GuLYbs

Haussler should have been paying attention.

As shown by the picture below,...
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Michael Press wrote:
Do you regularly take drugs?

I wrote:
Only when reading/posting to rbr ...is it that obvious?

Frederick the Great wrote:
No. I have no way of knowing.

Now, are...
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

marco wrote:
pps. To ED I'd say, I'm glad somebody out there is thinking of the
children!

Fred on a stick wrote:
So what you're saying is, someone with ED is thinking of children? Yuck....
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 57
Posted By marco
Landis picks Lemond's Lawyer

Brad Anders wrote:
How do you know for certain (dope tests don't count - we know they can
be beaten) that Jeanson's competitors weren't using EPO or some other
form of doping? Because...
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

--D-y wrote:
Junior high, if not middle school, parents are doing whatever they
think will advance their children's careers in sports. Paying for
hours of extra coaching time, buying expensive...
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Michael Press wrote:
Do you regularly take drugs?

Only when reading/posting to rbr ...is it that obvious?
Forum: Racing June 9th 10, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

I wrote:
Obviously, rbr'ers are not representative of cycling fans. The majority
of people here will follow the sport no matter what happens with the
doping fight. My impression of the more...
Forum: Racing June 8th 10, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

--D-y wrote:
Or, the powers that be could formulate practical rules that could be
practically enforced, on the day.
IOW, no "test interpretations" that require political/professional
status...
Forum: Racing June 8th 10, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Brad Anders wrote:
I have struggled with my views on doping in cycling for a long time,
and I've advocated harsh sanctions against dopers in this n.g. as long
ago as '94 or possibly earler. My...
Forum: Racing June 7th 10, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
Hecklers starting to joust with the Dope King

Brad Anders wrote:
Anton, you said you just stopped by his shop this past weekend, and it
sounds like you will likely have (or have had) the opportunity to
challenge Lance. Tell us what you...
Forum: Racing May 28th 10, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 55
Posted By marco
There is NOTHING new here! Get over it, right or wrong, Floyd is NOT credible

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Nothing has changed.

Floyd has said nothing, not one thing, that hasn't been said by others
before... snip

I'm cumming late to this circle jerk, so forgive me if...
Forum: Racing April 13th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By marco
dana point

bar wrote:
crit racing in the US is so boring...

I wrote:
Really? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycem7bHeGic

bar wrote:
and? bahati throwing a bottle at someone is exciting? crashes?...
Forum: Racing April 12th 10, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By marco
dana point

bar wrote:
crit racing in the US is so boring...

Really? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycem7bHeGic
Forum: Racing February 3rd 10, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 31
Posted By marco
Another one. Very sad.

http://auburnjournal.com/detail/141093.html

He was one of my heroes when I was just starting bike racing as a kid.
Forum: Racing January 25th 10, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By marco
Winter and Racing

Tom Kunich wrote:
What I'm saying is that power goes down MUCH slower with age than stamina.

ronaldo_jeremiah
This, or course, is exactly backwards.

Correct. Unfortunately.
Forum: Racing January 15th 10, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By marco
WARNING: Actual bicycle racing content!

z wrote:
Gibby

A few years ago, I tried to follow him through traffic on the last two laps
of an eight-corner crit in Kurgan town (near Miramar). Self-preservation
took over pretty quickly and...
Forum: Racing January 11th 10, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By marco
New Entry in Worst Kit Ever Contest

dave a wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/footon-servetto-rolls-out-2010-kit/100666

This has to stop...

I think the team management is providing extra motivation for riders to win...
Forum: Racing January 4th 10, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

Michael Press wrote:

I don't really give a **** what you butt huggers think. Press sounds
like a
computer program most of the time, I don't like talking to computers.
Forum: Racing January 2nd 10, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
I listed a few who were cat 1,2,3,4. So big ****ing deal, where's there
smoke there's fire. I bet there have been several pro riders that came out
of UCSB and Goleta,...
Forum: Racing January 2nd 10, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

Bruce, you said:
Riders from Santa Barbara...
Meredith Mills and Jennifer Gabet are both Cat 1-2, from Santa Barbara,
Gabet is from Goleta. Angela Rebol is from Santa Barbara, how about
Forum: Racing January 2nd 10, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Add to that, many come from families who have money, like Marin, Palo
Alto, and even Santa Barbara....

marco wrote:
Perhaps I'm blanking on this,...
Forum: Racing January 2nd 10, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Add to that, many come from families who have money, like Marin, Palo
Alto, and even Santa Barbara....

marco wrote:
Perhaps I'm blanking on this, but I can't...
Forum: Racing January 1st 10, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 217
Posted By marco
300k+ a year

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Add to that, many come from families who have money, like Marin, Palo
Alto, and even Santa Barbara....

Perhaps I'm blanking on this, but I can't recall a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 121