Replies: 27
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Frame pump recommendation

On 2008-09-12, David L. Johnson wrote:

I was willing to give one failure at the gauge as a fluke, but the
second one, with the failure at the same place, changed my...
Forum: Techniques September 8th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Gravrock
campag chorus cranks : smallest inner ring?

On 2008-09-07, Penny wrote:
writes:

On Sep 7, 9:28*am, wrote:
Forum: Techniques September 6th 08, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By Steve Gravrock
BB - turn by hand?

On 2008-09-06, Penny wrote:

[ ISIS BB ]

Tim McNamara writes:
Also I read the wiki and it says this type of design is not recommended
for a...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Headset adjustment - new MTB

On 2008-08-14, Williams wrote:
We bought our daughter a new K2 Zed 2.0 MTB online. Setup of the bike was
relatively easy, but this is my first experience with a threadless...
Forum: Techniques July 24th 08, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Nashbar trekking bars? Fantastic.

On 2008-07-24, landotter wrote:

Tips: you probably want the stem even or a bit above the saddle, but
not as high as with a mustache bar. Regular reach seems fine--you
Forum: Techniques July 20th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Why are stems 9-11cm long?

On 2008-07-20, pm wrote:

One could imagine leaving the rider's points of contact the same,
stretching out the top tube and using a shorter stem. What positive or
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Drop bars: Why dont i like them?

On 2008-07-16, Tosspot wrote:
wrote:
People seem to swear by drop bars on touring and cross
bikes..... but at age 50 they make me "hurt".

Pah! Kids...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 08, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Who still warranties frames?

On 2008-07-11, wrote:

Back in the day a bunch of companies had lifetime warranties on their
frames, but that seems to be less common as time passes. I live...
Forum: Techniques February 18th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Steve Gravrock
29er

On 2008-02-18, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:59:31 -0800 (PST), DirtRoadie
wrote:
[lots]

Dear DR,

Please re-read my...
Forum: Techniques February 18th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Straw poll: front brake lever position.

On 2008-02-16, Tosspot wrote:
Michael Baldwin wrote:
Right x 6

I think this is double voting. The poll should be per person, since if
an owner is a rightsider...
Forum: Techniques February 13th 08, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Gravrock
XT Disc Brake Dual Control Front M765 assy Shimano

On 2008-02-13, Steve Gravrock wrote:

If that doesn't work, make sure the cable is correctly installed in the
shifter. See Shimano's service instructions...
Forum: Techniques February 13th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2008-02-13, Rob. wrote:
I have been given XT Disc Brake Dual Control Front M765 Shimino assy
(for Christmas) its new.

When shifting I can only get 3 gears (and not the 9 )...
Forum: General January 16th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 69
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Crossbike for touring

On 2008-01-16, Stephen Harding wrote:
Ozark Bicycle wrote:

I'm not a fan of discs, however, one benefit on an "expedition"
touring bike is the ability to ride on in...
Forum: Techniques December 18th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Steve Gravrock
2008 2-piece Tiagra crankset

On 2007-12-18, David L. Johnson wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

There are some people here who are heavy enough to routinely break
square-taper spindles. The fuzzy...
Forum: Techniques December 18th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Steve Gravrock
9 speed or 10 speed cluster?

On 2007-12-18, Chalo wrote:

If 9-speed is what you've got and it works, then sure, why not? But
when starting from scratch and buying everything you need, it makes
Forum: Techniques December 17th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Steve Gravrock
9 speed or 10 speed cluster?

On 2007-12-17, wrote:
currently have 10 speed cluster, is a 9 speed better? what the
advantages and disadvantages?
105 shimano.

If 10 speed is working...
Forum: General December 16th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Gravrock
mtb--need steep place

On 2007-12-16, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article yZ99j.795$1X.546@trndny07, "ilaboo"
wrote:

getting ready to do some extreme stuff --67 years...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Trek and Cannondale recumbents

On 2007-12-13, Tom Sherman wrote:

The chief hazard I've run into...
Forum: Techniques December 14th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Fat Tired Track Bikes

On 2007-12-14, Pilgrim wrote:

So run fat tires, what's the problem? All the bikes that have
chainstays wide enough to accept fat meats are mountain bike or BMX
style frames...
Forum: General December 13th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 2007-12-13, Tom Sherman wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Here's a funny thing Tom: almost every bike on the planet has been
ridden at 10-15 km/h. Bikes...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 13th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 56

On 2007-12-13, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I went ant looked up the Spirit:
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/spirit/details_e.html

It looks very nice. It's basically a...
Forum: General December 13th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On 2007-12-13, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I went ant looked up the Spirit:
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/spirit/details_e.html

It looks very nice. It's basically a...
Forum: General December 11th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Steve Gravrock
Crazy communist bike-riders

On 2007-12-11, Mark wrote:
Paul Myron Hobson wrote in news:fjkn6u$8ko$1@news-
int.gatech.edu:

Sweeping Generalizations: check
Random comment...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 8th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By Steve Gravrock
recumbent video

On 2007-12-08, DougC wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Surely there is an ideal recumbent that is best suited for the general
population.

I would opine that the...
Forum: General December 8th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By Steve Gravrock
recumbent video

On 2007-12-08, DougC wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Surely there is an ideal recumbent that is best suited for the general
population.

I would opine that the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 274