Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Gillies[_2_]
Forum: Techniques June 8th 21, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
Tom Kunich was right about that careerist fraud Fauci

It's so easy for people who get their career success by lying (i.e. polticians) to think that scientists are just like them. No, scientists are not. They get their careers by telling the truth and...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 19, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
Is Shimano chain quality dropping?

Oh this is major-cool; I had a stock of NOS suntour 13-26 winners but they were ultra-6 speeds. I don't think that ANYONE has ever offered a 13-26 7-speed freewheel, stock.

- Don Gillies
Palo Alto,...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 19, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
Is Shimano chain quality dropping?

From 5-speed through 9-speed, the *outsides* of the chains got skinnier and the cogs got closer together. The *insides* of the chain (and the freewheel teeth dimensions) essentially stayed the same...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 19, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
Have you seen this yellow bike?

This is exactly the BEST way to put out an APB for a criminal. Give me all the details of his bike. As I am sizing up every bike I see (can't help it), this is the fastest way to get me to find the...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 19, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
50.4 BCD TA vs. VO

If a vintage crank needs an offset on one side, you can just add the offset to the other side and substitute a symmetric crankset, so a 116 R+5 bottom bracket can be substituted with a 121 symmetric...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 15, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
in memoriam, Jobst Brandt

Maybe some of the newer members of the forum don't remember this, but Jobst Brandt, in his book "The Bicycle Wheel" (supposedly) pronouced the Mavic MA2 rim to be "The Ultimate Bicycle Rim" based...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 13, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By Don Gillies[_2_]
speaking of Jobst

I guess in this case, no news is not good news. It's been about 2 years since he had a serious accident on his bike climbing up to skyline boulevard from Palo Alto. Not only did he injure his leg,...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7