Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy Key[_5_]
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
World Rankings?

John Clayton wrote:
I recall that when Stephen Roche and Sean Kelly were "going well" we often
saw they were usually/ often then 1 and 2 in world rankings.

I haven't seen these numbers...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 12:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
How much to pay for a cycle helmet?

Mr. Benn wrote:

I'm not too bothered about style, more about safety and comfort. My bike
lost any style it ever had a long time ago.

Are there any particular brands and suppliers which...
Forum: UK July 30th 09, 12:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Triathlon Helmets

Daniel Barlow wrote:
Ian writes:

If it's possible to avoid the usual arguments, I wonder if anyone
could explain to me why a triathlon club might have the...
Forum: UK July 21st 09, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Wiggo for the win? (SPOILERS, speculation)

D.M. Procida wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:20 am, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:
Much as I'd like Wiggo to win,...
Forum: UK June 10th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Speeding cyclists warned in Bournemouth

chris French wrote:

But the cyclists aren't breaking the law, leastways not the law on
speeding anyway.

No, they're breaking a Bournemouth Council *byelaw* which limits bicycle
speed to...
Forum: UK June 2nd 09, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Macs' track's tac attack.

Chris Gerhard wrote:
James wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:01 am, Andy Key
wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
This isn't the only event which causes roads to be...
Forum: UK June 2nd 09, 10:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Macs' track's tac attack.

David Hansen wrote:

This isn't the only event which causes roads to be closed, just the
only cycling one. I wonder if the antis (a small but vocal group I
gather [1]) would object as strongly...
Forum: UK May 27th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Free 1st Service: Worth the Effort?

wrote:
I bought a new bike (Condor Fratello) a few weeks ago & it's time for
the standard, free first service. To be honest, it's a hassle for me
to get there; I'm...
Forum: UK May 17th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 17
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Another motherless family?

Judith Smith wrote:

I am sure that you are right - what was the subtlety I missed in the
photograph which told me that?

The words "Look left" painted on the road at the pedestrian crossing,...
Forum: UK May 15th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Futile crusade.

Judith Smith wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2009 09:25:47 -0700 (PDT), "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On May 15, 2:05 pm, Keith T wrote:

Major...
Forum: UK May 14th 09, 02:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 137
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Unfair traffic lights.

Brimstone wrote:
Andy Key wrote:
Andy Key wrote:

In the surprisingly lax legislative world of traffic management,
TAL's are the nearest thing their is to a mandate. The government
Forum: UK May 14th 09, 01:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
May fotm

Martin wrote:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/May2009.htm

Not super funny until you read the text at the bottom.

Yes, I had a good laugh at the claim that...
Forum: UK May 14th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 137
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Unfair traffic lights.

Andy Key wrote:

In the surprisingly lax legislative world of traffic management, TAL's
are the nearest thing their is to a mandate. The government expects
highway authorities to follow...
Forum: UK May 14th 09, 12:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 137
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Unfair traffic lights.

Judith Smith wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:23:48 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"Judith Smith" wrote in message
It may be that the...
Forum: UK May 12th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 137
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Unfair traffic lights.

Simon Mason wrote:

Yes, because claims by people for damage cause by potholes can and do
cost the Council money in damage claims, so they will get priority over
a few cyclists stuck...
Forum: UK May 11th 09, 12:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Uncomfortable riding position

Brown Cat wrote:
I have a road bike with dropped handle bars. I feel fairly comfortable on
it and it feels most comfortable to position my hands on the corner of
the handle bars. I do...
Forum: UK May 10th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
preaching to the choir

Judith Smith wrote:

"Reputable organisation my arse".

Go on - disagree with that as well.
Forum: UK May 9th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
preaching to the choir

Judith Smith wrote:

I did not say that they used the actual words "biased" and "wrong" -
how about "at best, ambiguous and at worst, misleading" - is that
better for you.

What...
Forum: UK May 8th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
preaching to the choir

Andy Key wrote:
Judith Smith wrote:

Ah - yes - that well known independent scientific research
organisation the CTC.

Can we believe what they say?

What did the ASA say about...
Forum: UK May 7th 09, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
preaching to the choir

Judith Smith wrote:

Ah - yes - that well known independent scientific research
organisation the CTC.

Can we believe what they say?

What did the ASA say about them and their leaflet...
Forum: UK March 24th 09, 11:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Can I use a Trail-Gator on a hybrid with a rack?

wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a Trail-Gator to use with my 4 year old
daughter's 16 inch bike. Before looking for one online I'm wondering
if it's likely to fit. ...
Forum: UK January 31st 09, 12:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Discounts re-train tickets help.

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On Jan 30, 12:08 pm, "
wrote:
[etc]

No, sorry. That post isn't about cycling, therefore it's not
allowed. ...
Forum: UK January 21st 09, 12:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Multi-purpose bicycle log

Jeff wrote:
Saw an interesting bicycle lock yesterday while hunting for lunch - a
pair of handcuffs.

The chain between the two cuffs didn't look particularly strong.

Anyone else seen...
Forum: UK December 15th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Tips for cycling holiday in Bath area

Jumpinjarhead wrote:
I am a Yank and want to take a cycling holiday in the Bath area. I am
also retired Marine Colonel so I would also be interested in military
lodging facilities in the area....
Forum: UK December 15th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Andy Key[_5_]
Official recommendations about cycle stands?

Adam Funk wrote:
Is anyone aware of any official or semi-official publications that
advise businesses to provide proper (Sheffield) cycle stands for
customers?

I want to convince a local...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48