Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 5.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PatTX[_2_]
Forum: General March 3rd 09, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Running a red light on a bike at a photo-enforced intersection

landotter wrote:
:: On Feb 27, 1:05 pm, SMS wrote:
::
::: I'm surprised that a "rolling right on red" (translation--running
::: the red light) is only $75.
::
::...
Forum: General March 1st 09, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Running a red light on a bike at a photo-enforced intersection

SMS wrote:
:: PatTX wrote:
::
::: A few days ago, there was a story on the red light cameras in the
::: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, complete with guys being interviewed
::: saying their lack of...
Forum: General February 28th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Running a red light on a bike at a photo-enforced intersection

Tom Keats wrote:
:: Not so many years ago, British Columbia had automated
:: photo-radar. Oooh, you shoulda heard the hue & cry
:: over that. The drivers were screamin' like stuck pigs.
:: "Money...
Forum: General February 27th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Running a red light on a bike at a photo-enforced intersection

Jay wrote:
:: For those who may not know: Some municipalities in the States are
:: installing automated cameras at select intersections. The cameras
:: take pictures of vehicles who have run the red...
Forum: General February 26th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Helm*t Covers - Recommendations?

Steve Sr. wrote:
:: Hello,
::
:: Can any of you recommend a good helm*t cover (and where to get it). I
:: like to use one for cold weather riding and also if I get caught in
:: the rain. Some of you...
Forum: General February 25th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Bike theft is a common crime - no happy ending in most cases

landotter wrote:
:: That's why a real ute bike is incomplete w/o a kickstand. Leaning
:: your bike precariously up against store displays is tacky.

I lean mine up against the side wall where it is...
Forum: Rides February 24th 09, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Inexpensive bike that can do both on and off road.

Albert, from where are you starting on your trip? If in Europe, maybe you
should buy a bike there and save on the airline fees.

Pat
Forum: Social Issues February 22nd 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 28
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
THE DESTRUCTIVE CERTAINTY OF THE UGLY ENGINEER

jim beam wrote:
:: Andre Jute wrote:
:: snip crap
:::
::: "jim beam" then reproaches me for even expecting better from Brandt.
::: I've snipped the technical detail...
::
:: yeah, no ****.
::
::...
Forum: General February 22nd 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 28
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
THE DESTRUCTIVE CERTAINTY OF THE UGLY ENGINEER

jim beam wrote:
:: Andre Jute wrote:
:: snip crap
:::
::: "jim beam" then reproaches me for even expecting better from Brandt.
::: I've snipped the technical detail...
::
:: yeah, no ****.
::
::...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 09, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 21
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
THE DESTRUCTIVE CERTAINTY OF THE UGLY ENGINEER

jim beam wrote:
:: Andre Jute wrote:
:: snip crap
:::
::: "jim beam" then reproaches me for even expecting better from Brandt.
::: I've snipped the technical detail...
::
:: yeah, no ****.
::
::...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 09, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc

A Muzi wrote:
:: Andre Jute wrote:
:: - much snip-
::: I (an economist and psychologist and artist) ...
::
::
:: Actual advanced degree in economics or a dilettante (like me) ?
:: --
:: Andrew...
Forum: Techniques February 14th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Using Old CD's as Reflectors?

terryc wrote:
:: On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:19:14 +0000, Peter Grange wrote:
::
::
::: Not bicycle related, but I saw several Wannado installation CD's
::: strung between fruit trees as bird scarers in a...
Forum: General February 14th 09, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Wireless computer batteries

It's Chris wrote:
:: (PatTX) wrote:
::
::: Chris, why don't you contact the
::: Cyclosport company? They'd know;
::: we're guessing!
::
::: Pat
::
:: That's the first place I...
Forum: Techniques February 14th 09, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Using Old CD's as Reflectors?

Papa Tom wrote:
:: Has anybody figured out a good bicycle-related use for old CD's and
:: DVD's yet -- perhaps as some type of reflector?
::
:: I am one of the gazillion people sitting on a stack of...
Forum: General February 14th 09, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Wireless computer batteries

It's Chris wrote:
::
:: The computer model is a two year old CM-409.
::
:: Hope that helps.

Chris, why don't you contact the Cyclosport company? They'd know; we're
guessing!

Pat
Forum: Techniques February 8th 09, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Global warming OT)

Dan O wrote:
::
:: Dude, you are *such* a dumbass!

Well, his initials say it all. But, really, what we should wonder is just
why the Republican Party is investing so much of their time and efforts...
Forum: Techniques February 8th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Global warming OT)

:
: As I said, Science is a gossip magazine so we shouldn't take their
: articles seriously. OTOH, your reference most likely comes from a
: highly respected peer reviewed journal...
Forum: General February 8th 09, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Rear-View Mirrors

Tom Keats wrote:
:: The ability to ride without mirrors (or other such "transitional
:: objects ") is ... well, I hesitate to say: a survival skill,
:: but it's good to have in one's skills toolkit. ...
Forum: General February 8th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Rear-View Mirrors

Tom Keats wrote:
:: But it still can be done by anyone who has a healthy enough
:: neck to ride a normal bike.

I disagree with this statement. I have tried and tried and still swerve a
bit to the...
Forum: General February 4th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Rear-View Mirrors

Alan Hoyle wrote:
::
:: The only issue I have with it is that some styles of glasses have
:: temples that are incompatible with the mounting mechanism. if you
:: have round temples, it tends to...
Forum: General February 4th 09, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Right/Wrong way riding for survival.

Dan C wrote:
:: On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:58:11 -0800, wrote:
::
::::: I voted for Obama, too.
::
:::: You are a bigger fool than I thought you were.
::
::: Bush has single handedly...
Forum: General February 3rd 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Rear-View Mirrors

:
: I have no problem at all with people who say they don't need them. I
: have no problem with people who say they've tried them but don't like
: them, or can't get the hang of them. But I think...
Forum: Techniques February 3rd 09, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
OT - Why not 'Buy American'?

:: Woland99 wrote:
::
::: Can somebody please enlighten me why my taxes should subsidize job
::: creation overseas?
::
:: Because there are only so many abortions.
Bill Sornson

You are truly one...
Forum: General February 3rd 09, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Rear-View Mirrors

::: Don't you have ears? Use 'em. Experienced cyclists can tell what
::: cars are doing behind them by listening.
landotter

::
:: Nonsense. I have been in plenty of situations where I could not...
Forum: General February 3rd 09, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By PatTX[_2_]
Right/Wrong way riding for survival.

:: Any chance you'll be getting a life soo, Dan??

:: This humping Baka bit is getting older than the
:: Sornson-humping-Jobst- Brandt bit.
::
:: Whatcha' think? Almost done??
Neil Brooks