Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 2.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Forum: UK August 28th 09, 04:57 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Cynic writes:
How does the lead driver of the procession behave when approaching a
red light when there is heavy crossing traffic? Does he push on and

I suggest that he...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 125
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Experiment abandoned

Nick writes:

Ian Smith wrote:
No. It means what I said - that a belief that you need a helmet to
ride a bicycle is a negative. If you convinced people that they
[...]
It...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 06:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 196
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
What a nice man

Mike P writes:

I have yet to see a cyclist accelerate away from me at the lights in
15 years of driving. I don't drive like a tool either. I simply can't
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Adrian writes:
Daniel Barlow gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It should be noted that police advice usually *is* that the...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Adrian writes:

Daniel Barlow gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

It should be noted that police advice usually *is* that the...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Adrian writes:

No, but there ARE offences of failing to obey traffic signals and of
obstructing other traffic. However, as Duhg frequently points out, "I'm
taking...
Forum: UK August 27th 09, 09:08 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Adrian writes:

Mark Williams ] gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

I'm spotting a serious opportunity to disrupt Critical...
Forum: UK August 26th 09, 09:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
40% of households are car-free

Matt B writes:

You seem to have a bee about confining the scope to one where average
bus occupancy is higher than the national average of 9 - why?

Because that's...
Forum: UK August 26th 09, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
40% of households are car-free

Matt B writes:

Daniel Barlow wrote:
Because the 40% statistic in the thread title refers to central London,

The article isn't that specific. It simply...
Forum: UK August 25th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
40% of households are car-free

Matt B writes:

Daniel Barlow wrote:
Matt B writes:

Why should we relate it to per person moved?

But, if you like,...
Forum: UK August 25th 09, 08:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Matt B writes:

Why should we relate it to per person moved?

But, if you like, we could talk about how buses occupy about the same
road space per passenger as...
Forum: UK August 25th 09, 01:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Pinch points

Keitht KeithT writes:

So what was the point of the first reply.

I stated the lights were red, this reply from you agrees so why the
red fish thang?

It's one of Matt's favourite hobby...
Forum: UK August 24th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 303
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Cycling through the Blackwall Tunnel

Tom Crispin writes:

All people who live in Lewisham live in the London Borough of
Lewisham. Not all people who live in the London Borough of Lewisham
Forum: UK August 24th 09, 03:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 303
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Cycling through the Blackwall Tunnel

Tom Crispin writes:

To be fair, the Crossing Patrol do recommend that cycling clubs phone
in advance. They will arrange multiple vehicles to ferry the...
Forum: UK August 22nd 09, 11:47 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 261
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
This should please Doug

"Brimstone" writes:

So a bit like the choice between usine medicines tested on animals and the
alternative?

Aren't *all* ursine medicines tested on...
Forum: UK August 20th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Strange cycle

David Damerell writes:

Quoting Ian Smith :
Doing mental arithmetic while travelling along is an indicator of some
particular...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 436
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Proposed Unofficial Call to Votes

Peter J Ross writes:

But an existing unmoderated group is not going to be made moderated,
is it?

No, but it's going to lose a bunch of on-topic posters.

Most of them...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Pinch points

"mileburner" writes:

"Judith M Smith" wrote in message
Perhaps he was hinting that...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 10:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Pinch points

Bod writes:

If they were unable to overtake anyway,why on earth would you feel the
need to restrict them?

It's not restricting them. It's restricting the ones that...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 09:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Pinch points

Bod writes:

The onus should be on the vehicle overtaking to decide whether it is
safe or not.You just have to rely on their judgement.In my
experience,the vast...
Forum: UK August 13th 09, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 261
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
This should please Doug

Mike P writes:

On average, three pedestrians die each year in Britain in collisions
with cyclists. Just ten per cent of those accidents occur on footways.

Forum: UK August 12th 09, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 71
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Another CM ramming and guess who was arrested?

"Brimstone" writes:

Quote, "As many as 40 cyclists took to the road Aug. 7". That's not exactly
a critical mass is it Doug?

In the original sense of the word,...
Forum: UK August 11th 09, 12:23 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Replies: 135
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Heads Up - parking fines & credit cards.

Dead Paul writes:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:49:51 +0100, Brimstone wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:
On 11 Aug, 08:38, "Brimstone" wrote:
Forum: UK August 6th 09, 06:02 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Daniel Barlow writes:

Tony Dragon writes:
I think I know what Francis is talking about.
IIRC school teachers while escorting children had...
Forum: UK August 6th 09, 05:59 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 340
Posted By Daniel Barlow[_2_]
Critical Mass - Procession?

Tony Dragon writes:

Daniel Barlow wrote:
francis writes:

I think that you will find that the teacher has that right [to hold...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57