Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.76 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: vernon
Forum: UK September 9th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By vernon
Lance Armstrong to come out of retirement

Just read it on the BBC web site.

His target is an eighth TdF win.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/7605378.stm
Forum: UK August 31st 08, 10:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By vernon
Mercian

On Aug 29, 9:27 pm, Tosspot wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a...
Forum: UK August 27th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By vernon
Ribble Valley Juniors

On 26 Aug, 09:54, David Martin wrote:
On Aug 26, 8:47 am, Colin McKenzie wrote:

Ekul Namsob wrote:
Just a quick post to put on...
Forum: UK September 1st 06, 01:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By vernon
Sworn at by kids

I have been wondering, if you compare the general behaviour of youth 40
years ago to today, are there really any large differences? I've heard that
every gerneration thinks that the children of...
Forum: UK September 1st 06, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By vernon
So many people driving with mobile phones

dannyfrankszzz wrote:
Just wondered what the situation is on this. I thought it was illegal
to drive whilst holding a mobile phone???

It is illegal. The law is not enforced. The penalty is not...
Forum: UK August 17th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By vernon
JOGLE progress

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Umm... I know I'm getting on, but it's not August 2007 YET is it? Help!
who stole my year?

I think I used the wrong year when I made a posting a while back.
Panic...
Forum: UK August 17th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By vernon
JOGLE progress

David Martin wrote:

I think I saw you in Waverley looking hassled on your way up to
Inverness. I also missed the 10.06 from Leeds as it was cancelled at
York, got the next one (at Darlington,...
Forum: UK August 17th 06, 10:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By vernon
JOGLE progress

David Martin wrote:
vernon wrote:
I'm now more or less at the half way point at Preston. I'm staying at
a fellow LEJOGer's house in Preston and I'm having Thursday off.

Great to hear...
Forum: UK August 17th 06, 12:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By vernon
JOGLE progress

I'm now more or less at the half way point at Preston. I'm staying at
a fellow LEJOGer's house in Preston and I'm having Thursday off.

My blog is up to date now and can be found...
Forum: UK July 13th 06, 11:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By vernon
Emmelle bikes

nuzeta wrote:
Just got a new bike as a present- an Emmelle trekker. Don't know if it
is good, bad, indifferent, etc. Anybody know anything about them,
please? Is it a good make? or will it fall...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10