Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Wright
Forum: UK January 22nd 09, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Tom Wright
Evans Cycles

Great Eastern wrote:
Has anyone on here used Evans Cycles before, particularly their online
store?

I've seen a bike for sale locally which I'm interested in purchasing,
but Evans have it...
Forum: UK January 8th 09, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Wright
This made me giggle...

Pob wrote:
"Officers will stop and check cyclists who arouse suspicion by appearing
too big or small for their bike, or failing to wear a helmet in a bid to
catch thieves red-handed."

I'll...
Forum: UK December 3rd 08, 12:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 186
Posted By Tom Wright
Police pick on cyclist

Clive George wrote:
You don't get mixed steady/flashing in decent headlamps.

The Exposure range do just that - constant light at a certain level, with
flashes every ~0.6 seconds which are quite a...
Forum: UK December 2nd 08, 02:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 186
Posted By Tom Wright
Police pick on cyclist

Colin Reed wrote:
Well whoop-de-bloody-doo. Next you'll be telling us that crumble isn't
made from fruit, only from apples.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:59:12 +0000, Tom Wright...
Forum: UK December 2nd 08, 02:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Wright
breaking the lock(s)

didds wrote:
at work there are two bikes that are cabled and D-locked to the racks
respectively.

the D-lock is a "Draper Expert SL3-Pro" whilst the cable is a standard
steel...
Forum: UK December 2nd 08, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 186
Posted By Tom Wright
Police pick on cyclist

Colin Reed wrote:
Well whoop-de-bloody-doo. Next you'll be telling us that crumble isn't
made from fruit, only from apples.

mode type="facetious"
Well actually, it's made from flour, sugar...
Forum: UK November 25th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Wright
Learning to signal/ride one-handed

Thanks for the tips on riding one handed - we'll give them a go.

Martin wrote:
In general I find it better to signal before a manoeuvre and get both
hands back on the bars before turning, or...
Forum: UK November 25th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Wright
Learning to signal/ride one-handed

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
The secret, I think, is to support your weight on the saddle, not the
hands, and loosen the death grip on the bars (which is the main problem
in novices, IME).

I...
Forum: UK November 24th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Tom Wright
Getting a grip on the family lighting

Ian Smith wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov, David Hansen wrote:
That will be why fire engines and a whole host of other vehicles
have flashing lights.

Not to...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9