Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dan Burkhart[_106_]
Forum: Techniques December 28th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Rohloff Hub On Horizontal Dropouts: Anybody Doing It?

On Dec 22, 9:32*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Saw what I thought was a pretty good deal on a Surly 1x1
frame/fork, so I grabbed it - intending to put a Rohloff hub back
there...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

On Nov 27, 5:18*pm, Jim A wrote:
pdxrandonneur wrote:
On Nov 25, 6:12 pm, pH wrote:
snip
As an internal-gear fan (although I...
Forum: Techniques October 14th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Okay, fess up, who uses an aluminum bike in the winter?

On Oct 13, 4:17*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Who mothballs his steel bike(s) in the winter and rides aluminum
instead? -- Andre Jute

What aluminum? Aint got no steenking aluminum.
Forum: Techniques October 8th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Thread rolling dies for spokes.

On Oct 8, 8:45*am, "P. Chisholm" wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:53*am, " wrote:

It's time for me to replace the rolling dies on my Hozan...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
nexus 4 speed query

On Oct 2, 5:03*pm, mark wrote:
any one know if it would work to convert a nexus 4 speed coaster hub
to freewheel? i have a new one but would rather not have the coaster?
Forum: Techniques September 27th 09, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
The next extreme sport?

Prepare to shell out a few more $ than your average downhill bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-wTO7ice8
Dan
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
That's cold

On Sep 22, 6:50*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Sep 21, 11:43*pm, notme wrote:

http://pages.nyu.edu/~jh15/bikes/images/44below.jpg

That's nuts....
Forum: Techniques September 15th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
New member!

On Sep 15, 3:09*pm, Still Just Me!
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:15:18 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
louisbike...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
New member!

On Sep 15, 3:08*am, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
louisbike wrote:
Hey there! I just joined this group and wanted to let everyone know -
looking forward to...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 09, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Calling RBT's Rohloff Riders

On Sep 11, 9:45*pm, Chalo wrote:
Tom Ace wrote:

Chalo wrote:

Dan Burkhart wrote:

*I've never had to scrap a cable and start over.

I have not...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 09, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Calling RBT's Rohloff Riders

On Sep 11, 9:41*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Michael Press:

but that will not happen
knowing now about cable installation.

I wouldn't make that a show-stopper.

Forum: Techniques September 11th 09, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Ohio town promotes helmetless cycling?

So, how have the helmet nazis missed this. Passing by Perrysburg Ohio
on I75, the town's water tower is plainly visible. On it is painted,
in silhouette, a picture of people egaged in activities...
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Bearing sizes for a SRAM Spectro T3 3-speed hub

On Sep 1, 4:47*pm, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Does anyone know what these are? *The ones in the two big ball retainers
are slightly larger than 3/16" and the ones in the...
Forum: Techniques August 30th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 164
Why have bicycle components advanced so much more rapidly thanautomobiles in the last half-century?

On Aug 28, 9:57*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote
Besides, automatic transmissions are fore women who don't know how to
clutch properly, was the story... but today most highway "big...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14