Showing results 1 to 25 of 337
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul M. Hobson[_2_]
Forum: General January 22nd 10, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 29
Do Bike Helmet Laws Discourage Biking?

On 2010/01/21 05:47 , Phil W Lee wrote:
Frank considered Wed, 20 Jan 2010
08:10:55 -0800 (PST) the perfect time to write:

On Jan 20, 4:57 am,...
Forum: General January 12th 10, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Home Video: Death Rides on My Left

On 2010/01/11 18:02 , Ablang wrote:
http://bikehacks.com/home-video-death-rides-on-my-left/

That same dork put together a video stating that people who "aren't good
enough to ride on the...
Forum: General January 1st 10, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
More about equestrian helmets.

On 2009/12/30 19:26 , Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Dec 30, 9:37 pm, "Paul M. wrote:
On 2009/12/24 08:58 , Jeremy Parker wrote:

wrote...
Forum: General December 31st 09, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
More about equestrian helmets.

On 2009/12/24 08:58 , Jeremy Parker wrote:
wrote in message
I recently asked the question about...
Forum: General November 7th 09, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 58
Sacramento fixed-gear bikes: braking the law

Simon Lewis wrote:

hahahaha! Good one. Stinking up a white man's air too! Baka is a racist
prick.

Bill Baka wrote:
Far better than being an uninformed clod.
Bill Baka

Being old is no...
Forum: General November 5th 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 58
Sacramento fixed-gear bikes: braking the law

Bill Baka wrote:
Paul M. Hobson wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
Pat,
I live here and the mayor (black of course)

What is that suppose to mean?

He's an Obama knock-off.
Bill Baka
Forum: General November 4th 09, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.

landotter wrote:
D.'s got some in the ****it bucket. I'm tempted to "go antler" and
mount them on some butterfly bars, then on to flippy flags, and maybe
even spd sandals.

I'll stop by...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 09, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Okay, fess up, who uses an aluminum bike in the winter?

Tosspot wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
Who mothballs his steel bike(s) in the winter and rides aluminum
instead? -- Andre Jute

What is this 'aluminum' of which you speak?

pats 3 steel...
Forum: General August 30th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Your bike commute?

Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
John Kane wrote:
On Aug 16, 9:31 pm, Harold Burton wrote:
In article
Forum: Techniques August 29th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Century Question

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
RobertH wrote:

On Aug 24, 7:32 pm, Ryan Cousineau...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 09, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 164
Why have bicycle components advanced so much more rapidly thanautomobiles in the last half-century?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Meh, I'd argue that there were some great improvements in automotive
technology that actually occurred in the late '80s-early '90s and
continue to this day. You...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Nate Nagel wrote:
Meh, I'd argue that there were some great improvements in automotive
technology that actually occurred in the late '80s-early '90s and
continue to this day. You don't see...
Forum: Techniques August 28th 09, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
word of the day

Nate Nagel wrote:
lightsucker (n)

indistinguishable in practice from a wheelsucker, but he's not
intentionally drafting you - you have a headlight and he doesn't.

nate

Speaking of...
Forum: General August 12th 09, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Glueless Tire Patches

wrote:
So, Landotter doesn't like glueless, you don't like them, and have
bad experience to back you up, and Sheldon Brown also thinks they're
junk. I'd call that...
Forum: General August 7th 09, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
OT and troll fodder: Pedestrian Helmets in Denmark

Subject says it all. I'll add no commentary. Here's the link:
http://www.copenhagenize.com/2009/08/walking-helmet-is-good-helmet.html

I think some people will find this interesting.
--
Paul M....
Forum: General July 15th 09, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Norman wrote:
stored in gunny sacks inside of tumble driers to rile 'em up. And
Bobroll
gets to choose one rider to tow him for the stage in a burly. With as
many
bottles of sham-pag-knee...
Forum: General July 9th 09, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Tell me if this idea for a commuter bike is dumb...

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
"Paul M. Hobson" writes:
I've an old Trek 330 (call it sport touring geometry) currently in the
fleet...
Forum: Techniques July 3rd 09, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
For Jobst and other Alpine enthusiasts

wrote:
"Cycling in the Alps," by Charles Lincoln Freeston, 1900:

http://books.google.com/books?id=voISAAAAYAAJ&printsec=titlepage&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0

A...
Forum: Techniques July 3rd 09, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Chain length and shift performance

Steve wrote:
You sound like you're brain dead. How do you think I assessed the
chain was worn? The 12" rule or the Park Tool chain length tool?
Either way, I know the chain was worn which is...
Forum: General July 1st 09, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Tell me if this idea for a commuter bike is dumb...

I've an old Trek 330 (call it sport touring geometry) currently in the
fleet as a singlespeed, complete with starry grips, a flower vase, a
ringy dingy, and a front Wald basket.

Problem is,...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Dang! Helmets Again

Jay Beattie wrote:
PS -- With all of Michael's comments about wind noise, I decided to do
a test while descending Old Germantown (for the locals). I did

Old G'town is fun one. I'm about to go...
Forum: General May 27th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
ID for Riding

On 2009-05-22 05:32:05 -0700, Bertha said:

On Fri, 22 May 2009 05:32:33 +0000 (UTC),
defied the laws of...
Forum: General May 22nd 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
OMG, The kids these days and their bicycles...

SMS wrote:
I don't remember my dad ever fixing my bike, from around age 10 I did it
all myself.

Ha. My dad showed me how to tighten the chain on my BMX Huffy and how to
lube the chain using...
Forum: Techniques May 14th 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
It must be lonely up there, Jobst

Still Just Me wrote:
Hey Jute boy:

When it comes to pompous, you've set the bar so high no one else will
ever come close.

Now drag your pompous ass back into that closet you said you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 337