Showing results 1 to 25 of 143
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Forum: Techniques February 11th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Road bike knee protection

On Feb 10, 6:18 am, "len" wrote:
Hello,

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to build some efficient knee
protections? I am a road bike fun but recently I...
Forum: Techniques January 19th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Megaexo vs Isis

D'ohBoy wrote:

It's a system - if one of the components is limp, the others don't
matter all that much.

Did love that comment that the "bike SQUIRTS up hills, no hype about
that".

Forum: Techniques January 18th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Stripped Thread on Hex Bolt

Robert Lee wrote:
Stripped Thread on Hex Bolt

I over-tightened the hex bolt that clamps the stem to the handlebars.
Now the six-sided depression in the head of the bolt has been...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Megaexo vs Isis

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
RS wrote:
OK, is the megaexo thing just Hype? It seems to make sense but does it
Forum: Techniques January 17th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

RS wrote:
OK, is the megaexo thing just Hype? It seems to make sense but does it
really matter. I've got a road bike (Fondriest) that I'm going to try a
Forum: Racing January 12th 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Landis 2nd tdf victory

hmmm, Landis says he wants to win a 2nd tdf in order to properly enjoy
it's victory...a very interesting statement as it makes me wonder why
did he not fully enjoy the 1st victory ? lab test results...
Forum: Racing January 12th 07, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Basso going for Triple and Giro race of the year ?

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Keith wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jan07/jan10news2&from=rss

Hey! Someone using my RSS script :)
Forum: Racing January 8th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
The sad sport....

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Life is dangerous. But the alternative, not experiencing life, is even
worse.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Forum: Racing January 6th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
worst cycling tatoo ever ...

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article...
Forum: Racing January 4th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Floyd Fairness Fund

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
http://www.floydfairnessfund.org/
--
JT
****************************

Gemma_k wrote:
For your holiday amusement:

The amusing part is of course to look at the photos, and then read how
'bombproof' Zipp's marketing types describe them. From
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 07, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,aus.bicycle
Replies: 10

Gemma_k wrote:
For your holiday amusement:

The amusing part is of course to look at the photos, and then read how
'bombproof' Zipp's marketing types describe them. From
Forum: Techniques December 30th 06, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
I want to build my own front sprocket! but how?

FoSi wrote:
Hi all..
so.. i purchased a BMX 1/2x1/8" chain, puted it in place..

sed
it
Forum: Racing December 21st 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Address for Floyd Landis

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Does anyone have an address for sending something to Floyd Landis? Doesn't
have to be a home address (and probably wouldn't be a good idea to print
that here). I went to...
Forum: Racing December 20th 06, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Zabriskie did it?

Matt C wrote:
The record requires round tube frame.

Zabriskie required to ride Cervelo (contract).

Cervelo does not make round tube frames.

he should have got on an rode it rregardless-...
Forum: Techniques December 19th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Top Speed 130kph With a Hard Wired Sigma BC800 Computer

Solvang Cyclist wrote:

As I noted in my previous post here, the use of a reed switch allows for
a much stronger signal than for a wireless pickup. Also, a low pass
filter would be easy...
Forum: Racing December 16th 06, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Zabriskie to do a Merck Hour attempt

Dan Connelly wrote:
wrote:
gym.gravity wrote:
he's been away on a secret training camp in south africa.

Forum: Racing December 15th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

gym.gravity wrote:
he's been away on a secret training camp in south africa.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/dec06/dec15news

it'd be nice to see him do it on a team cervelo
Forum: Techniques December 12th 06, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Suggestions for a christmas gift under $30 for a cycling nut?

NOSPAM wrote:
Hi guys and gals,

I need to get a gift under $30 for a friend of mine. I ride and so does he
so we both browse the same velonews and performance ect. catalogues so I'm
trying...
Forum: Racing December 8th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
cycling diecast

check out the cycling diecast

http://www.norev.com/index.php?content=catalogueok&marque=0&modele=252&echelle=0&categorie=1&valid=yes&lang=fr&okm=Go
Forum: Techniques November 24th 06, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By [email protected]
Crank about to break?

wrote:

I don't think there is enough of a crack to reveal opening. That's
the problem with cranks. There is no warning other than sound when
water gets in the...
Forum: Racing November 6th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Nice Asston Martin

Davey Crockett wrote:
Click the Cippo Video

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo

---
Davey

hilarious! love it. wonder what does his wife think ?
Forum: Techniques November 5th 06, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Park TS-5 truing attachment

damyth wrote:
Has anyone used one of these? I'm thinking of getting one but don't
want one if it's not good for anything.

Forum: Techniques October 31st 06, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Advantage of lugged carbon frame

Larry wrote:
With all structural and ride characteristics being equal the monocoques look
much better becauses of the shaped tubes and not the traditional round ones.
I ride a Look KG386i and...
Forum: Racing October 17th 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
In the News: Basso says he has been approached by Discovery team

Jason Spaceman wrote:
From the article:
Associated Press Sports
Updated: 11:49 a.m. ET Oct 16, 2006