Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dtmeister
Forum: Australia December 13th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By dtmeister
TopGear - Bike v Boat v Car

I'm not usually interested in the petrol heads on Top Gear. However,
someone told me about this race across London in peak hour between
the Top Gear hosts. Bike v car v boat v public transport.

Part...
Forum: Australia December 11th 06, 06:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By dtmeister
I'm fixed!

Warning, 3MB jpg.

http://dt.c47.org/blog/fixie/PC090127.JPG

--
..dt
Forum: Australia December 5th 06, 11:14 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

I found a couple of sites with some good articles. I liked this article
(he has a few others worth reading) :

http://www.billketzer.com/writings/cycle/Bike_Felony%20Flight.shtml

Also, see here...
Forum: Australia November 23rd 06, 03:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By dtmeister
A big round of applause to ...

Vincent Patrick wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:

Richard Sherratt Wrote:
the Range Rover driver who made space and allowed me to do a U-turn in
front of him at the end of...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 01:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By dtmeister
Tour de France - Not for these two-wheeled pests

cfsmtb wrote:

Knee jerk simplistic bull**** from a chap who's feeling a bit
threatened.

Feel free to contact Mr Craig Hackney.
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 03:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By dtmeister
The Reva: neither car or bike?

wrote:
Terryc wrote:
The greeness shold be a selling point, not a tradeoff for safety. that
would be tantamount to saying, since it is a "green" car, it is okay for
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 12:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 71
Posted By dtmeister
Homemade 3W LED bike light

On 2006-10-30, Duracell Bunny (aka Bruce)
ghostgum wrote:

My...
Forum: Australia October 30th 06, 11:38 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By dtmeister
Back in black...

On 2006-10-30, dtmeister (aka Bruce)
Zebee Johnstone ...
Forum: Australia October 30th 06, 06:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By dtmeister
Back in black...

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Be good for me though, makes phone calls home easier when it's only a
2 hours difference.

The pollies are still arguing it out - I think the vote...
Forum: Australia October 26th 06, 07:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By dtmeister
Super Cycling Sarah (not Ulmer)

PiledHigher wrote:
Daytime TV!
http://www.zizzle.com/sarah.html

Future role model....

And for the boys, Super Raging ute-boy. Comes complete with a roundabout
so you...
Forum: Australia October 26th 06, 07:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 85
Posted By dtmeister
What is it with Giant?

Harng Goh wrote:

Bleve, you've earned yourself a spray!
http://www.spinopsys.com/archives/682

some of those people need to get some perspective.

Forum: Australia October 26th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By dtmeister
Random shi*ter spotting thread!

gplama wrote:

OK - something fun. We've all got cameras, so next time you spot a
shi*ter on the street, snap it and post it!

Here is my...
Forum: Australia October 24th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By dtmeister
A cab drivers tells us how to be safe..

Plodder (remove daks to reply) wrote:

At least this is a guy who's thinking about road user safety. His
suggestions might be wrong but I'd prefer to be on the road...
Forum: Australia October 23rd 06, 01:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By dtmeister
A cab drivers tells us how to be safe..

http://jafablog.typepad.com/man_of_lettuce/2006/10/cycle_safety.html

Yep folks, read this and you'll be right on the roads.

--
..dt
Forum: Australia October 17th 06, 08:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Peter Signorini wrote:

Any idea of the brand, and source? However I have been running this with
27X1 skinny tyres.

I've seen them at Sheldon's site, not sure...
Forum: Australia September 29th 06, 12:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By dtmeister
has anyone bought a bike online?

Donga wrote:

asterope wrote:
i see a guy driving around ashgrove with an ellsworth truth on the
roof-racks of his bmw x5, both in the outbound and...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 06, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By dtmeister
Where can I find CR2354 batteries?

wrote:

Well, I found a list of "AKAs":

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/index.htm?http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_2354.htm

Note: "shelf life",...
Forum: Australia September 19th 06, 05:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 104
Posted By dtmeister
One Less F***ing Revhead

Terryc wrote:

I disagree. To fly a 747, you need to be trained to a certain skill,
healthy and drug free and since they cost a motza to just get off the
ground,...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 06, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dtmeister
Replacing battery in my Polar HRM

Roberto Divia wrote:
dtmeister wrote:
I just sent the watch back. As for the strap, mine died well before 2500
hours, more like 1300 hours. Symptoms were an increase...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 06, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By dtmeister
Litespeed Ultimate '04 problem

campycd wrote:
The carbon seat stay is coming out of the ti frame(unglued). Have you
seen or had this problem. What will Litespeed do for you? Can I still
ride for a few...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By dtmeister
Replacing battery in my Polar HRM

Jason Spaceman wrote:
I have a Polar s720i heart rate monitor (got it for Xmas 2003). The
battery appears to be nearing the end of its life, as the heart...
Forum: Australia September 12th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 40
Posted By dtmeister
UK: Cyclists may be forced to ring their bells

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Hmm.. a button linked to a teeny speaker and a circuit that produces a
recorded bell sound?

Yeah, I've pondered why tiny lithium coin cell powered...
Forum: Australia September 9th 06, 03:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 104
Posted By dtmeister
One Less F***ing Revhead

Fractal wrote:

No need to trash Cogcontrol completely. Its a forum isnt it, not a place for
being overly respectful to our great sporting or entertainment...
Forum: Australia September 8th 06, 11:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 104
Posted By dtmeister
One Less F***ing Revhead

cogcontrol wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
Forum: Australia September 6th 06, 10:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By dtmeister
Cycling Forums

531Aussie wrote:

do you guys all have old IBMs with black screens and green print, linked
via hard wire? :)

Can't y'all just register and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91