Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.73 seconds.
Forum: Techniques May 26th 10, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Prescription eyeglasses for touring

On May 25, 11:26*am, wrote:
I'm thinking along the lines of a mountaineering type
frame with prescription lenses that automatically turn
dark in sunlight. Frames would have...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Let's do the bunny-hop, was Will a 29er work for collegecampus commute?

On Oct 24, 4:46*am, thirty-six wrote:
So Dan, if you had more trustworthy wheels what height do you think
you could clear on a 'racer'?

BTW, I'm slightly bothered that...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 317
Posted By [email protected]
I'm going to participate without a helmet...

On Oct 27, 7:28*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Of course, the fact that a knitted hat can slip under a glancing blow
instead of rotating your head can't be a bad thing...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Let's do the bunny-hop, was Will a 29er work for collegecampus commute?

On Oct 23, 4:35*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On 23 Oct, 16:35, " wrote:

On Oct 22, 12:14*pm, thirty-six ...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 09, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
Flipping the bike over to work on it

On Oct 23, 3:19*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
schreef:

On Oct 23, 2:47 pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Chalo...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 09, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
Flipping the bike over to work on it

On Oct 23, 2:47*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Chalo schreef:

Dyrty wrote:
I notice that bicycle shop employees do flat tires on a bicycle
stand. *This...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 09, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By [email protected]
Flipping the bike over to work on it

On Oct 23, 11:51*am, bfd wrote:
On Oct 23, 7:55*am, Art Harris wrote: Dyrty wrote:
When I fix a flat tire or do other wheel work I like to work on it
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Let's do the bunny-hop, was Will a 29er work for collegecampus commute?

On Oct 22, 12:14*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On 22 Oct, 15:50, " wrote:

On Oct 21, 11:49*pm, Dan O ...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Trend??

On Oct 22, 6:12*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
Sandy wrote:
On 22-Oct-09 20:20, a bien réfléchi et puis a déclaré:
On Oct 22, 11:58 am,...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Will a 29er work for college campus commute?

On Oct 22, 1:58*pm, wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
BMX frame and bike that fits a 200 lb adult??!

KINK, Redline, many vendors:
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Will a 29er work for college campus commute?

On Oct 22, 11:38*am, wrote:
" wrote:
For that ride, personally, I'd want a BMX.

Funny you bring BMX up as there are a TON of them on
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Let's do the bunny-hop, was Will a 29er work for collegecampus commute?

On Oct 21, 12:36*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Oct 20, 6:49 pm, Andre Jute wrote:

On Oct 21, 1:49 am, "Dre" wrote:

Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Will a 29er work for college campus commute?

On Oct 17, 8:03*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Oct 17, 11:36 am, wrote:

I live abt 3 miles away from university I attend.

I want to buy a bike that I can...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By [email protected]
Let's do the bunny-hop, was Will a 29er work for collegecampus commute?

On Oct 21, 11:49*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Oct 21, 8:00 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Oct 21, 6:37 pm, RonSonic wrote:

Forum: Techniques October 22nd 09, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 317
Posted By [email protected]
I'm going to participate without a helmet...

I don't care to go back far enough to find a specific example, but I
figured I'd chime on a spicific point he

1) "My helmet saved my life!"

I've suffered many, many concussions. Some bicycling,...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 09, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
(lack of) chain wear

So, with over 2000mi on my wipperman 10 speed chain, I figured it must
be stretched to warrant replacement. When cleaning my cogs the other
day I noticed some of the more used ones (4-7) are a bit...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Gauge Accuracy

We've recently established gauges are commonly inaccurate. Is this by
percentage, or a certain PSI? I'd guess percentage?

There are 3 gauges in my garage @ the race track we use to check &...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 09, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Derailler Adjustment

I’m sure I can and will figure this out on my own, but figured I’d see
what you all said first.

The situation: On the big ring, I can only use the 4 smallest cogs on
the rear. I think I was able...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
Pedal Washers?

My road bike came with washers on the pedal spindles to go between the
pedal and crank. Since the pedals come off the bike 2x/workday on
average, and at least 6x/week, it's no big surprise I managed...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 09, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Odd run of flats, one for good luck.

The other day, tuesday I think, I noticed I had a flat on the BMX when
I went to head to work. No big deal, different bike and on with it.
Patched the BMX tube when I got home. Odd, the hole, a...
Forum: Techniques August 7th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
Compressor/tire pressure equalization?

Just a question for something to think on, really doesn’t matter. If
there’s any reply, or if I decide I care, I’ll check the answer (for
time, not the reason) myself.

Say there’s a compressor...
Forum: Techniques August 7th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Chain Help/Discussion?

So I’m looking for my first replacement 10 speed chain, and am a bit
lost. If you want to skip the more elaborate part of this and still
give your quick answer, anything wrong with this chain? Any...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Push Bike

Was reminded of this by a mention of training wheels in the helmet
thread that's currently becoming a mess, I made it through less than
1/4 before quitting.

Anyway, I saw a kid using a push bike...
Forum: Techniques May 1st 09, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Bar Tape & STI's

So it looks like I need to re-tape the bars on my road bike. Shy of
1500 miles, but a couple crashes did it in. The right drop is loose,
fluttering in the wind. It's all bad, trust me on this. ...
Forum: Techniques April 15th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Inexpensive way to convert disk brakes from 700C (29er) to 26"?

I currently am running dual 26” wheels on my Motobecane Outcast 29er.
It has V-brakes. Any ideas on a cheap way to make brakes work? If
not, I’ll live without for a bit, since the hub that’s being...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500