Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.31 seconds.
Forum: Techniques February 21st 09, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 21, 1:37 am, "
wrote:
On Feb 20, 11:52 pm, wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:01:58 -0600, A Muzi...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 21, 9:22 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Well, I accept that a completely weight-weenied steel mtb could get down to
21 pounds; however, one with big fat tires, ...

The big...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 09, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 21, 9:22 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

I know a guy who has an original white steel Ritchie mtb. It is a classic,
no doubt. Next time I see him I'll ask about its...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 09, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 20, 9:26 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 20, 9:54 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 19,...
Forum: Techniques February 20th 09, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 19, 8:38 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 19, 9:34 am, "

I think the 22 pounds standard race bike weight is very...
Forum: Techniques February 20th 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 19, 9:34 am, "

I think the 22 pounds standard race bike weight is very accurate for
the days of steel bikes.

I have a Ritchey mountain bike with 2.4-inch tires...
Forum: Racing February 19th 09, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
California climbs vs Euro

On Feb 18, 1:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

One more thing, if thinking about climbs in the US vs European. Climbs
here differ by region. In Colorado, you generally...
Forum: Techniques February 18th 09, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 17, 6:34 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:35:11 -0600, Tim McNamara

wrote:

Tim,

Perhaps I missed it, but...
Forum: Techniques February 17th 09, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
bicycle

On Feb 16, 8:12 pm, mod wrote:
The bicycle might be just about the most
efficient person-powered machine ever
invented but it's now entering the digital
age, with an...
Forum: Techniques February 15th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 15, 11:24 am, Tim McNamara wrote:

I've never even heard anybody claim they notice a
difference in how their bike feels with full versus empty water bottles,
or...
Forum: Techniques February 15th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 14, 10:34 pm, wrote:

Did you ever wonder why all those authors, television programs,
bicycle magazines, newspapers, and literally hundreds of millions of
people...
Forum: Techniques February 13th 09, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Feb 12, 9:51 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Here are some other photos that really don't seem to be uphill:

http://tinyurl.com/dhmcue definitely big rings.

Out of...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 09, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By [email protected]
On low gears

On Feb 10, 8:45 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:29 pm,...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By [email protected]
On low gears

On Feb 9, 8:29 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

As a cyclocrosser, I would encourage you lazy mountain bikers to
practice dismounts and remounts :)

Any decent CXer would do just...
Forum: General February 9th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Chrome bags?

On Feb 8, 6:43 am, " wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a laptop messenger bag. After looking
around online, I found the site for Chrome Bags...
Forum: General February 9th 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Ride safely

On Feb 7, 11:18 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

The gist I get from the hearsay accounts is that the van
driver moved rightward to prepare for a U-turn, and the
cyclist attempted...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 09, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By [email protected]
On low gears

On Feb 8, 7:37 pm, wrote:

I predict that when a hill is so steep that the pedal travels as far
as the tire, the bicyclist will be more efficient if he gets off and
Forum: Techniques February 6th 09, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1,437
Posted By [email protected]
700/23 vs 700/25 tires ?

On Jan 31, 7:29 pm, wrote:

Is the course
deliberately salted with goathead thorns to cause slow leaks?

Maybe, somebody apparently threw a load of them onto the...
Forum: Racing February 1st 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 117
Posted By [email protected]
CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

On Feb 1, 10:41 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I have heard tales of clay-based muds that pack onto every
surface of the bike, never leave, and harden there.

Indeed. The...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By [email protected]
CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

On Feb 1, 10:41 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I have heard tales of clay-based muds that pack onto every
surface of the bike, never leave, and harden there.

Indeed. The...
Forum: General January 21st 09, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

On Jan 20, 4:31 am, terryc wrote:

Lol, so you are saying that every bicyclist that has ever been struck by a
motor vehicle was at fault as they were not...
Forum: General January 19th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

On Jan 19, 9:53 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

On Jan 17,...
Forum: General January 18th 09, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

On Jan 12, 8:25 pm, terryc wrote:

I agree we are fighting a PR battle. Unfortunately, I think the
"never inconvenience a motorist" crew are fighting for the...
Forum: General January 18th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

On Jan 11, 5:14 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

The things that keep you safe on the road are predictability &
visibility.

Ooh, you had me goin until then. These things you...
Forum: General January 18th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

On Jan 17, 9:24 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jan 17, 9:15 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

In article...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500