Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 6.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 30th 09, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
OT - Free Linux Newsreader?

Someone wrote:

Ah, works great. I hadn't used Pan in a while. Good stuff once
you learn the basic commands:

n: next unread article
cntrl+n: next article
f: reply via...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Clive George wrote:

Actually, since owning a Citroen it's become abundantly clear how
BADLY bits of bent metal perform as a suspension. You just can't
make metal as progressive, never mind...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Ben C? wrote:

I think it's likely for example that bicycle disk brakes
dissipate energy to the air much better than rim brakes.

I'm curious as to what the mechanism of this...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Chalo Colina wrote:

But I am hoping they will be sufficient to handle the max 2-4 mile
downhills we have around here that I don't brake on anyhoo.

You seem to be missing what's being...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Ben C? wrote:

I think it's likely for example that bicycle disk brakes
dissipate energy to the air much better than rim brakes.

I'm curious as to what the mechanism of this would...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Tim McNamara wrote:

I think it's likely for example that bicycle disk brakes
dissipate energy to the air much better than rim brakes.

I'm curious as to what the mechanism of this...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Carl Sundquist wrote:

If the brake pads got much hotter they would dissipate faster to
the surrounding air because you'd have a greater temperature
difference.

I don't know how much...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
It's cold out here! OT

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsZGMtsE3Q

Jobst Brandt
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Ben C? wrote:

In friction pairs, heat is generated in the softer medium and
usually dissipated in a harder thermally conductive part. No
reasonably flexible brake pad material can...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Brake Tracks With all this talk about cfrp....

Lou Holtman wrote:

I was surprised how little wear my carbon rims showed in the two
years I used them. Alu rims wear faster, but the carbon brake
pads wore much faster and they are...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 178
Posted By [email protected]
Knowledge-proof arrogance

Andrew Muzi wrote:

How does the ladder's thickness obviously matter?

Real ladders aren't imaginary lines. For convenient transport and
raising, most of them are extension ladders.

Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Ron Ruff wrote:

I was surprised how little wear my carbon rims showed in the two
years I used them. Alu rims wear faster, but the carbon brake pads
wore much faster and they are...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 178
Posted By [email protected]
Knowledge-proof arrogance

Carl Fogel wrote:

How does the ladder's thickness obviously matter?

Real ladders aren't imaginary lines. For convenient transport and
raising, most of them are extension ladders.

Here's a...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
History of split seat tube?

Scott Gordo wrote:

To the group historians,

Who's the first to record a split seat tube that allows the rider to
nudge the rear wheel in between to reduce the wheelbase?

Why do that in the...
Forum: General January 16th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
OT Ride bike, not air

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0115092hudson1.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE50E8AI20090116

Jobst Brandt
Forum: Techniques January 16th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By [email protected]
frame vs mini pump

Andres Muro wrote:

I've been biking for many years and I have a long frame pump.
When any of my fellow cyclist have a flat and they have a mini
pump, they always as to use my...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By [email protected]
frame vs mini pump

Russell Seaton wrote:

I've been biking for many years and I have a long frame pump.
When any of my fellow cyclist have a flat and they have a mini
pump, they always as to use my...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 09, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By [email protected]
frame vs mini pump

Mike who? wrote:

I've been biking for many years and I have a long frame pump.
When any of my fellow cyclist have a flat and they have a mini
pump, they always as to use my long frame...
Forum: Techniques January 15th 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Frozen headset? (Steering difficult at -12c)

Brian Huntley wrote:

I've been having a problem lately with my bike's steering getting
very stiff when the temperature drops. Â*It may be a combination of
cables (aero brakes plus...
Forum: General January 14th 09, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

Bill Bushnell wrote:

Friday I was coming home and there was some traffic. Motorists
were honking as usual. One actually honked and buzzed me when
there was no traffic. I just don't...

Bill Bushnell wrote:

Friday I was coming home and there was some traffic. Motorists
were honking as usual. One actually honked and buzzed me when
there was no...
Forum: General January 14th 09, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

Mike Jarrells wrote:

I recently started training for my first Century. Â*I started riding my
bicycle to work three days a week. Â*It's about 15 miles one way. Â*It's
a good ride, but the...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Nate who? wrote:

I've been having a problem lately with my bike's steering getting
very stiff when the temperature drops. It may be a combination of
cables (aero brakes plus interrupter...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Brian Huntley wrote:

I've been having a problem lately with my bike's steering getting
very stiff when the temperature drops. It may be a combination of
cables (aero brakes plus interrupter...
Forum: General January 12th 09, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Pulled Over By Police

Mike Jarrells wrote:

I recently started training for my first Century. I started riding
my bicycle to work three days a week. It's about 15 miles one way.
It's a good ride, but the only...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500