Showing results 1 to 25 of 140
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jolly Polly
Forum: UK April 25th 10, 11:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Jolly Polly
Cycling campaign in Pakistan - they have the same problems asus!

Doug wrote:
On 25 Apr, 09:16, ash wrote:
On 25 Apr, 06:27, Doug wrote:

It also liberates women there. Women riding a bike or motorcycle...
Forum: UK February 27th 10, 01:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Jolly Polly
Reg plates

Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, Marie wrote:
.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down...
Forum: UK January 30th 10, 04:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Jolly Polly
Rebuilding a bike

Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk (Phil W Lee) wrote:

Also bear in mind that bulbs suitable for the lower power...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Jim A wrote:
JNugent wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Matt B" wrote in message
Jolly Polly wrote:
mileburner...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 07:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Matt B wrote:
On 28/01/2010 18:19, Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 07:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
mileburner...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 06:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin"...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin" wrote in
message...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

Matt B wrote:
Jolly Polly wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin" wrote in
message ...
The...
Forum: UK January 28th 10, 01:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Jolly Polly
Snap, topple and pop

mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
The relevance - for those who missed it - was that...
Forum: UK January 26th 10, 04:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Jolly Polly
pavements, multi use or single use

Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:

I think you should xpost this to uk.rec.walking, as we need a new take
on flame wars; it's usually just the transport (read car drivers) and
uk.legal (why?) that get...
Forum: UK January 25th 10, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Jolly Polly
pavements, multi use or single use

Just been reading about a death in Florida of a cyclist (bicyclist),
sad, posted by Doug.
I then went on to read a little of their laws. And I quote
“A person propelling a bicycle upon and along a...
Forum: UK January 25th 10, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Jolly Polly
More evidence of ramming of cyclists..

Doug wrote:
As if there wasn't enough already, most of which goes unpunished by
disinterest police around the world!

"...The cyclists know next time anyone of them could lose their lives.
Forum: UK December 12th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 59
Posted By Jolly Polly
"20mph speed zones cut road injuries by 40%, study says"

mileburner wrote:
"Chris Hills" wrote in message
On 11/12/09 07:48, Doug wrote:
'Speed kills' deniers will have a job...
Forum: UK December 12th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 59
Posted By Jolly Polly
"20mph speed zones cut road injuries by 40%, study says"

Andy Burns wrote:
On 11/12/09 06:48, Doug wrote:

UK cities should have more 20mph speed zones, as they have cut road
injuries by over 40% in London, a study claims.

I'm sure reducing...
Forum: UK December 12th 09, 06:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Jolly Polly
Hi-vis policy failure.

wrote:
On 12 Dec, 14:56, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:24:17 -0000, "Simon Mason"

wrote:
So they are asking...
Forum: UK October 17th 09, 08:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Jolly Polly
Track Cycling World Cup Classic Manchester

Phil Cook wrote:
Track Cycling World Cup Classic Manchester 30 Oct -1 Nov

According to Freeguide the Beeb will be showing coverage of this on
the red button 1900 to 2300 on Friday.

But I...
Forum: UK July 3rd 09, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Jolly Polly
Chain lubricant

Rob Horton wrote:
jim wrote:
I bought a new chain yesterday - I think it's an SRAM chain, with one
of those great links in that allow you to connect it up without tools.

On getting it...
Forum: UK June 14th 09, 09:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By Jolly Polly
accident help

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:56:24 +0100
Nick wrote:

But it isn't a solid object. The rider's weight is now applied to the
handlebars and pedals. The bike...
Forum: UK May 25th 09, 02:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 149
Posted By Jolly Polly
Cycling on pavements

Adam Lea wrote:
Bod wrote:
Kerbside cycle lane are brilliant IMHO.I've never felt safer than when
I'm riding in them.I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Really?

Forum: UK May 25th 09, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 149
Posted By Jolly Polly
Cycling on pavements

Bod wrote:
spindrift wrote:
On May 25, 9:05 am, Bod wrote:
spindrift wrote:
On May 25, 7:52 am, Bod wrote:
Being a cyclist...
Forum: UK May 25th 09, 10:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Jolly Polly
I thought of

Simon Mason wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: UK May 24th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By Jolly Polly
I thought of Judith.

Simon Mason wrote:

"RudiL" wrote in message

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zride.jpg

--...
Forum: UK May 7th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Jolly Polly
Evening Standard cycle incident article

Squashme wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/d94lrl

Several interesting aspects in this Toby Young article. Some quotes:-
"I thought the driver had fled the scene but he hadn't. He parked
across the...
Forum: UK May 7th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Jolly Polly
Seat height

Tom Anderson wrote:
Morning all,

A friendly chap pulled up beside me on my way to work and told me that
my seat was too high. Apparently my hips were really wobbling which is a
'classic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 140