Showing results 1 to 25 of 211
Search took 7.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Señor Chris
Forum: UK March 25th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Señor Chris
Million Pound Bike Ride

Tom Crispin wrote:

The moderators have always claimed that they act as one. Subsequent
information suggests, in this case, this is not the case. At the time
of my post, 07.02am, I was not...
Forum: UK March 25th 10, 08:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Señor Chris
Million Pound Bike Ride

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:50:25 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Tom Crispin
Forum: UK March 23rd 10, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 105
Posted By Señor Chris
Jersey introduces bike helmet law for under 18s

Derek C wrote:
On 23 mar, 12:58, David Hansen
wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:28:38 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Derek C
wrote...
Forum: UK March 23rd 10, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Señor Chris
Whats the most fun you've had cycling ?

Rob Morley wrote:
Cycling to a secluded spot with an attractive member of whichever sex
you prefer and ...

.... cycling back again ?
Forum: UK September 25th 09, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Señor Chris
Missing free brush sets from CTC

RudiL wrote:
On 24 Sep, 14:37, RudiL wrote:

Well I just emailed them again, and got the following reply:

"In regards to your email, I can confirm they were...
Forum: UK September 24th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Señor Chris
Missing free brush sets from CTC

RudiL wrote:

They did renew my membership and gave me the extra 3 months, and said
(verbally over phone) they would dispatch the brushes. When I queried
their non-arrival almost 2 months...
Forum: UK September 24th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Señor Chris
So... is it enforced?? How???

Simon Brooke wrote:
On 24 Sep, 10:36, "Ian" wrote:
http://www.henden.co.uk/sl1.jpg

and

http://www.henden.co.uk/sl2.jpg

And there was someone on tis NG...
Forum: UK September 22nd 09, 08:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Señor Chris
Accident update.

Simon Mason wrote:
FWIW, plod got in touch yesterday and gave me the details of the driver
who knocked me off my bike. I put the reg number into askmid and he is
insured, so once I get his...
Forum: UK September 7th 09, 02:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Señor Chris
Koolstop cartridge pads not fitting

wrote:
On Sep 7, 1:30 pm, Señor Chris wrote:
wrote:

It helps if you take the retaining pin out first.

grin

Forum: UK September 7th 09, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Señor Chris
Koolstop cartridge pads not fitting

wrote:
Last night it took me nearly an hour to replace my V-brake cartridges.
The koolstop pads I'd bought of the internet simply would not slide
into the holder - to the...
Forum: UK September 5th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 73
Posted By Señor Chris
What's Happened to Chapman Central?!

Aard wrote:

I'm not one, wm. The trouble is, you're too blinded by your desire for
me to condemn judith to see it. Guy, for his part, seems to have taken
affront to my observations on the...
Forum: UK September 3rd 09, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 125
Posted By Señor Chris
Belt versus chain

Adam Lea wrote:

How many miles roughly can a fully enclosed chain be left alone before it
would need re-lubricating or cleaning?

It depends on where you ride the bike - there are...
Forum: UK September 2nd 09, 12:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 125
Posted By Señor Chris
Belt versus chain

David Damerell wrote:
Quoting D.M. Procida :
Simon Brooke wrote:
Nevertheless I expect that within twenty years most...
Forum: UK August 25th 09, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Señor Chris
Notice of intention to begin trolling

Keitht wrote:

Am I the only one here to see this as a **** take, a wind up?

No.
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 03:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 71
Posted By Señor Chris
The CTC (The UK's National Cycling Organisation)

Mr Benn wrote:

We all have a choice of mode of transport

Not an entirely free choice though - more people would cycle if they
weren't afraid of the traffic.

But cycling is inherently...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 71
Posted By Señor Chris
The CTC (The UK's National Cycling Organisation)

Mr Benn wrote:
"Señor Chris" wrote in message
Mr. Benn wrote:
But surely you can acknowledge that the *risk to the...
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 71
Posted By Señor Chris
The CTC (The UK's National Cycling Organisation)

Mr. Benn wrote:

But surely you can acknowledge that the *risk to the cyclist* is quite high
compared to other modes of transport.

Not necessarily. In urban areas, I feel safer cycling than...
Forum: UK August 8th 09, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 125
Posted By Señor Chris
Experiment abandoned

JNugent wrote:

Reading this thread and others in a similar vein, I've just realised why
it is that Arrogance Brown refuses to provide safe transport for British
soldiers on active service...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 279
Posted By Señor Chris
Cops stopping RLjers in London again.

Aard wrote:
Seems perfectly reasonable to label a convicted shoplifter
hypocritical for slagging off a housebreaker

Whereas a shoplifter slagging off an armed robber who puts bystanders
lives...
Forum: UK July 18th 09, 02:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Señor Chris
The future of Cavendish

michael adams wrote:

Actually it sounds scouse (Liverpoool) just like Joey McLaughlin.
Thats the only negative with Cavendish. After hearing him talk
you're always checking your hubcaps.
Forum: UK July 17th 09, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Señor Chris
The future of Cavendish

Dave Larrington wrote:

Wiggy, on the other hand, should have thought a bit before opening his mouth
and inserting his foot when questioned about the decision of the UCI
commissaires the...
Forum: UK July 17th 09, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Señor Chris
The future of Cavendish

D.M. Procida wrote:

Actually I really rather like him. He seems warm, generous and open, and
extremely entertaining both on and off the bike. But it would be nice to
see him mature in the...
Forum: UK July 17th 09, 12:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 70
Posted By Señor Chris
The future of Cavendish

D.M. Procida wrote:

He's just rather graceless. He'll probably never have Geraint Thomas's
natural ingenuous charm, or the grace of the Schlecks, or Wiggins's
poise or even the easy-going...
Forum: UK June 15th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By Señor Chris
accident help

Phil W Lee wrote:
Señor Chris considered Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:35:37
+0100 the perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee wrote:
Rob Morley considered...
Forum: UK June 15th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By Señor Chris
accident help

Phil W Lee wrote:
Rob Morley considered Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:09:53
+0100 the perfect time to write:

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:12 +0100 (BST)
Showing results 1 to 25 of 211