Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Racing November 16th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
First cyclocross race - race my mtn bike or touring bike?

On Nov 15, 8:40 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

Well,...
Forum: Racing November 15th 07, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
First cyclocross race - race my mtn bike or touring bike?

Well, here's an update on my weekend of racing. I raced both races
(Beacon and HPCX in NJ) on my mountain bike and got top 15 both times
(out of 45 and 70 respectively) so I'm fairly content for my...
Forum: Racing November 9th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
First cyclocross race - race my mtn bike or touring bike?

I'm racing in my first cyclocross race (Cat 4) this weekend and have a
question about wheel size/tire choice. I had been planning on racing
on my mountain bike (XT and XTR components) with the fork...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Friction grip shifter

Does anyone know of a Shimano compatible grip shifter that can be
converted to a friction shifter. I saw on a Yahoo question post that
some shifters can have a part removed to convert it into...
Forum: Techniques October 10th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Friction shifting on a 9 speed cassette? Ease of shifting? Mounting?

I was tossing the idea around of mounting a friction thumbshifter on a
mountainbike with a 9 speed cassette. Has anyone done this and can
they comment on the results? How easy is it to shift into...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5