Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.99 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Owen
Forum: Techniques May 6th 12, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 390
Posted By Owen
1946 Raleighs

On Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:22:21 PM UTC+10, AMuzi wrote:
http://film.britishcouncil.org/how-a-bicycle-is-made

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:09:22 AM UTC+10, wrote:
Ages ago I bought one of these
Forum: Australia September 2nd 11, 10:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen
Mundaring WA

Solved my problem, there is a Railway Reserve heritage Trail from Bellevue that will keep us off the highway. TGFG

Owen
Forum: Australia September 1st 11, 08:46 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen
Mundaring WA

I want to get to the start of the Munda Bindi trail from the west. I see I have to travel along The Great Eastern Hwy.

Anyone from that part of the world can tell me if that's a 'safe"...
Forum: Techniques June 24th 11, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Owen
Chain Ring Assembly

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/chain_ring_pins.jpg shows both sides of the bolts/rivets of the chain ring assembly.

I have 2 million allen keys, but none fit, it is a little under...
Forum: Australia February 19th 11, 03:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Owen
There are tyre levers, and tyre levers

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/broken_lever.jpg

Had a couple of sets of really good levers, but lost them over time.
Anyway, having trouble with a tyre decided to try a lever that came...
Forum: Australia February 2nd 11, 08:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen
12km walk

On Feb 2, 6:07*am, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
Yes, I am pretty sure why some ppl are wondering why a 12km walk is of
any significance in a newsgroup like aus.bicycle

OK, a bit of...
Forum: Australia August 17th 10, 06:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen
Parking at Mascot

Couple of years ago I rode out from the city to Mascot, past the
domestic terminal, then to the overseas terminal and then back via
Kensigton and Anzac parade.

I wasn't terribly observant, and will...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 10, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Owen
Infuriating crank click on Trek 7100

On Jun 4, 4:24*pm, Dan wrote:
I have a Trek 7100 which is about 5 years old. *Has about 2,000 miles on
it (couldn't ride for the last 3 years or so for health reasons, am
Forum: Techniques April 9th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Owen
Why do typical bicycle helmets lack hard shells?

On Apr 9, 2:32*pm, wrote:
You know, like the batting helmets worn in Little League and the
motorcycle helmets worn by moped riders.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

There is a...
Forum: Australia April 1st 10, 06:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Owen
Is Riding Really good for you

I just did a 150 minutes of hard (for me) riding.

Leaping off my bike at the end of this adventure, I grabbed my u beaut
Aldi bike computer to study the statistics.

Burnt 1200 calories and lost 85,...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 10, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Owen
repair the tube or toss it

On Jan 26, 12:18*pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I had a flat riding the other day and so for this I carry a spare tube
it is easier than finding the leak. To find a leak on the...
Forum: Australia January 20th 10, 12:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Owen
Aldi folding bike

On Dec 9 2009, 8:33*pm, BT Humble wrote:
I just bought one last night. *They haven't exactly been flying out
the door of my local store, so it was marked down to $150. *It...
Forum: Australia December 31st 09, 07:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Owen
Heart Gulping Ride

Reassembled the bike but forgot the brakes.

My ride to the shops is a slight rise followed by a beaut downhill, I
can hit 40 Km/hr.

Half way down I applied my non existent brakes, the...
Forum: Australia December 10th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Owen
Aldi folding bike

On Dec 10, 8:16*am, "Tomasso" wrote:
"BT Humble" wrote in message

I...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 09, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Owen
Quick release, how tight is too tight?

On Nov 27, 7:14*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
cycledogg schreef:

Well, I heard that famous creaking noise that usually comes from the
bottom bracket. I am...
Forum: Australia October 29th 09, 04:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Owen
Car racks

Thanks Peter, and you were correct, roof racks were a separate item,
(just read what I wanted to read)

Adding that brought the total cost to $260, so for the one or two
times I could have used it, I...
Forum: Australia October 27th 09, 06:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Owen
Car racks

I have a repco flyer advertising ROLA roof racks, $95. The picture
shows the front fork clipped to the rack via the quick release system

An associate has some Sweedish made racks that cost him...
Forum: Australia August 23rd 09, 09:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Owen
Big money for commuter cycling in Denmark

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/08/copenhagen-bicycle-superhighways.php

One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 09, 03:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Owen
NSW BBR

The NSW BBR seems to have gone off all the calendars of events.

Has it been killed off? I was left with the impression last year that
BV had taken it over.

Owen
Forum: Techniques May 6th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Owen
Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains

On May 6, 12:03*pm, Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT
wrote:
On Tue, 5 May 2009 18:54:49 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute

Forum: Australia February 19th 09, 05:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Owen
Munda Biddi Trail in WA

On Feb 18, 7:39 pm, "Kathy and Steve"
wrote:
Well I just found this trail on the net and as we were thinking of doing a
long distance trail in the south this...
Forum: Australia December 27th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Owen
Canberra - Moruya

I am planning a 2 day trip Canberra - Moruya and have what seems like
2 alternatives.

Up the Federal Hwy, Mac Reefs Rd, Bungendore, Braidwood and Araluen or
Qbn, Hoskintown-Rossi-Harolds...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 08, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Owen
Jockey pulley teeth

On Dec 22, 3:06*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
10 or 11

What difference does it make?

10%

Owen
Forum: Techniques November 11th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Owen
Seized Seat Post

On Nov 11, 3:57*pm, BeeRich wrote:
Hi folks.

I just bought a used old bike. *Seat post is "stuck" inside seat
tube. *I put some lubricant into it twice now, and can't find...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43