Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 7.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Thomas Wentworth
Forum: Rides September 6th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
An easily question

Horny

-----------
"alinqua" wrote in message
Hi...
I am italian.

I have a question for english languages...
Forum: Rides September 4th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
From Poland to Greece by bicycle !!

Are the women in Poland as beautiful as I have read about? There was an
article on the web that said the ladies in Poland were the most beautiful in
Europe..

Blond, hot...
Forum: Rides August 30th 06, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
RAPSody 2006 trip report

Claire,, I thought you lived up near Seattle, WA..

Isn't is cold and snowy near there in the winter? I live in New England and
many skiers around here head to Whisler for vacation. Spelling?

Can...
Forum: General August 27th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
I did my first century today.

I sat on my ass today because it was raining ...

Good for you guys ,, good job.

===========
"Ted" wrote in message...
Forum: Rides August 24th 06, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Trip Report: Key West - Savannah - Arkansas - Milwaukee

Mr Tell Me State ,,,

Here is an idea for ya.. take your bicycle to Florida on a commercial
airline, like Southwest etc. You can take the boat from Marco Island on the
west coast of Florda to Key...
Forum: Rides August 23rd 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 93
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

"NYC XYZ" wrote in message

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
I have used them once or twice.. they were ok. I...
Forum: Rides August 22nd 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
What in your mind makes perfect loaded touring bike?

The "perfect" touring bicycle is the one YOU LIKE. Could be a three speed.
Or, an old 10 speed. A Mtn bike, anything.

I have toured all over and met hundreds of bicycle tourists. I have seen so...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 35
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
What in your mind makes perfect loaded touring bike?

The "perfect" touring bicycle is the one YOU LIKE. Could be a three speed.
Or, an old 10 speed. A Mtn bike, anything.

I have toured all over and met hundreds of bicycle tourists. I have seen so...
Forum: Rides August 22nd 06, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Trip Report: Key West - Savannah - Arkansas - Milwaukee

Too many miles per day for my thinking ... were you in a big hurry? Seems
like just riding with no fun..

==========

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 19th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 80
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

I have used them once or twice.. they were ok. I have done numerous tours
without them as well.

I doubt I would use them again. Not because of the paper or anything ,,
just personal...
Forum: Rides August 19th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 93
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

I have used them once or twice.. they were ok. I have done numerous tours
without them as well.

I doubt I would use them again. Not because of the paper or anything ,,
just personal...
Forum: Social Issues August 19th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 76
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

I have used them once or twice.. they were ok. I have done numerous tours
without them as well.

I doubt I would use them again. Not because of the paper or anything ,,
just personal...
Forum: General August 19th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 87
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

I have used them once or twice.. they were ok. I have done numerous tours
without them as well.

I doubt I would use them again. Not because of the paper or anything ,,
just personal...
Forum: Rides August 16th 06, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Should be Rear Touring Wheel ...

I can figure out the tire part. I use Continental Top Touring ..

It is the Wheel that I am interested in replacing before I go on a long
adventure.
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 16th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 80
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

Just wondering ??? Can one purchase the Adventure Tour maps on a CD Rom?
With so many carrying laptops on tour these days, the maps are rather
superfluous. I know, I know ,,, would not be able...
Forum: Rides August 16th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 93
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

Just wondering ??? Can one purchase the Adventure Tour maps on a CD Rom?
With so many carrying laptops on tour these days, the maps are rather
superfluous. I know, I know ,,, would not be able...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 87
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

Just wondering ??? Can one purchase the Adventure Tour maps on a CD Rom?
With so many carrying laptops on tour these days, the maps are rather
superfluous. I know, I know ,,, would not be able...
Forum: Social Issues August 16th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 76
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

Just wondering ??? Can one purchase the Adventure Tour maps on a CD Rom?
With so many carrying laptops on tour these days, the maps are rather
superfluous. I know, I know ,,, would not be able...
Forum: Rides August 16th 06, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Rear Touring Tire ,, recommendation.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. The bicycle is very sweet. 700c
wheels, etc.

Next spring, if the moon/sun/stars/ and a few other things line up ;; I am
off for a transcontinental ride. ...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Our State Governments Are Stealing the Dedicated Funds Money

Oooops ,,, I read this and then realized it was TEXAS .............

Last time I checked ...................... TEXAS SUCKS!

"Earl Bollinger"...
Forum: Rides August 13th 06, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Fort Collins, CO to Colorado Springs

I have done this on tour many times. Especially out west. I've camped
behind the barn of a fair ground, in a field across from a couple's house,
etc. Once, in Vermont, I asked a milk farmer and...
Forum: Rides July 31st 06, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Thomas Wentworth
Panniers vs. Trailers?

I used both one summer ......... what a misstake. I felt like I was pulling
the tractor at the fair and carrying my belongings to boot.

Now, I am a simple pannier guy. Just a couple of old...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22