Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: recycled-one
Forum: General January 24th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By recycled-one
How cold is too cold?

"Josh Hassol" wrote in message
Temps (with wind chill) for my daily commute (14 miles each way):

Today: 21 F . . ....
Forum: General January 21st 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By recycled-one
riding the winter chop

Anyone want to nominate the most winter resistant bikes?

Best chains? Cables?

Would a fixed gear be more durable? Less gizmos to get clogged and corroded?
Forum: General January 18th 07, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By recycled-one
What's the coldest weather you've rode in?

"nash" wrote in message
I live in Norway now and I just got back from a 4 hour ride in sunny 8C
(46F). Go figure.
Forum: General January 4th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By recycled-one
appendix

"Diablo Scott" wrote in message

Had mine out in a few months ago - it could not have been a smoother
operation....
Forum: General January 4th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By recycled-one
Cycling Gear for Big Guys

"The Historian" wrote in message
What are some suggestions for sources of 'oversized' cycling clothes
for...
Forum: General January 4th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By recycled-one
appendix

Long time no posting. Life gets in the way. But now I have a question.

Anyone have an appendix removed who can give an opinion on the recuperation
time? Mine is coming out shortly. [Spending Xmas...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
COPS episode shows bike/vehicle accident

"Dave" wrote in message
They say , If you want to get away with murder run over a cyclist with
your car and say ya...
Forum: General September 14th 06, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
COPS episode shows bike/vehicle accident

"Tom The Great" wrote in message

Funny how "not seeing something' means they were in the right. I was
struck by a car, I was...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By recycled-one
Microsoft sees cycling as inferior

"Joshua Putnam" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: General September 3rd 06, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
taking the lane 60's style

For some reason the margins got screwed up. Here are the links to the old
time bike...
Forum: General September 3rd 06, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
taking the lane 60's style

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
recycled-one wrote:

Anyways I came across this photo of a downtown Guelph street dated...
Forum: General September 3rd 06, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
memory lane 60's style

Here's another of a bike being awarded as a prize. The date is October 1,
1960. I wonder what that bike would go for today in mint...
Forum: General September 3rd 06, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By recycled-one
taking the lane 60's style

It being a rainy Sunday I was netsurfing about with no particular purpose.
I ended up on the city library's site that includes links to archival
photos. Much would be of no interest to anyone not...
Forum: General August 29th 06, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By recycled-one
how was your weather?

From what hear of other parts of North America, the northwest and north
east got soaked, the south west baked, the southeast at least didn't get
bashed by hurricanes.

Hereabouts, southern Ont....
Forum: General August 25th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By recycled-one
Questions for commuters

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ken C. M." ...
Forum: General August 23rd 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By recycled-one
deceptive slopes

"Buck" wrote in message
wvantwiller wrote:

Try and find out if your local government has bought into a...
Forum: General August 22nd 06, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By recycled-one
deceptive slopes

"Chris Z The Wheelman" wrote in message
Optical illusion and para-normal causes aside, is it possible the...
Forum: General August 22nd 06, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By recycled-one
I like to ride my bike because ....

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
Alright, all the off topic political stuff got to even _ME_ lately. (Can
you...
Forum: General August 19th 06, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By recycled-one
If You're Really Fat, Diet and Lose Weight Before You Start Cycling

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
gds wrote:
:: David the Nationals Fan wrote:
::::
::: Why? I'm 6' 3" and weigh 320 pounds....
Forum: General August 17th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 29
Posted By recycled-one
longest u had to walk b/c part failure

"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

recycled-one wrote:
"Sir Ridesalot" ...
Forum: General August 17th 06, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 29
Posted By recycled-one
longest u had to walk b/c part failure

"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

Sounds a lot like Guelph, Ontario. (?)

Ya

That's only about 25 Kms...
Forum: General August 17th 06, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 29
Posted By recycled-one
longest u had to walk b/c part failure

"ed" wrote in message
I just broke my new record... I got a flat and had to walk 5.5 miles... and
I HATE walking.... all...
Forum: General August 16th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 87
Posted By recycled-one
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

"Gary Fritz" wrote in message
"recycled-one" wrote:
One must carry a laptop on tour so one can read...
Forum: Rides August 16th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 93

"Gary Fritz" wrote in message
"recycled-one" wrote:
One must carry a laptop on tour so one can read...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 16th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 80
Posted By recycled-one
Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

"Rich Clark" wrote in message