Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Williams
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 152
Posted By Mark Williams
Bicycle, crash hat and accident

JNugent writes:

He means Vehicle Excise Duty. Originally introduced to help pay off a
war debt, under the guise of paying for road improvements and
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 152
Posted By Mark Williams
Bicycle, crash hat and accident

Mrcheerful writes:

My household insurance covers cycles and third party claims while
cycling. I expect that a lot of them do.

25 percent of homes do not have...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 152
Posted By Mark Williams
Bicycle, crash hat and accident

The Medway Handyman writes:

Yes, but the same could be said of young inexperienced car drivers.
Their accident rate is disproportionally high, hence the silly...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Williams
Cyclists vs blind people

Bod writes:

Fascinating.

One must assume that those cyclists must be blind as well if they
can't avoid a dog.

It has already been reported here that blind cyclists...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Williams
Interactive map of road deaths:

"Norman Wells" writes:

I haven't looked at much of the site, but I was immediately struck by

A total of 36,371 people were killed on Britain's roads
between 1999...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.gardening
Replies: 57
Posted By Mark Williams
Front Derailleur

Bertie Wooster writes:

Crispin's brat

You have a most peculiar obsession with this. Did you suffer much as a
child from eating dog poo? That and you curious remarks about...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Williams
OT USA motorist tailgates cyclist and gets a ticket

Bret Cahill writes:

Beach area streets in San Diego allow cyclists to take the lane.

We need to do this all over the...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Mark Williams
Cycling skills another one

Simon Jester writes:

Don't make too much stew from one oyster.

In your case, any language would do, as long as it makes sense.

Which part are you too stupid to...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark Williams
Bike carrier for 2008 Mondeo

JWM writes:

A friend of mine wants a bike carrier for the back of her Mondeo but
has been told by a bloke at Halfords that you can't get one for this
car as the tailgate...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark Williams
YCMIU 36371

Peter Keller writes:

No.

Didn't think so. Nor on autoroutes/autobahnen/autostrade/motorways/
diaľnice etc in any country I can think of.

Australia?

You can ride on...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Williams
Over the bars can be done !

(Cassandra) writes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/viral-video/11051569/Watch
-cyclist-falls-face-first-into-large-puddle.html

He had a water bottle...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark Williams
Motorist Kills Cyclist On CA 7 Overpass & Takes His Bike

Bret Cahill writes:

Give the hypothetical a try anyway.

The story gets even better.

I went home empty handed, quarreled with a friend on the solution,
drank a...
Forum: UK August 31st 14, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark Williams
Save a Road

Mrcheerful writes:

At the very least, that part from the top of the road above KenKnock
down to the Lubreoch dam, except in one section which could result in
the...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark Williams
Cycling Perspectives (2 of 9) A train, bus or Tube commuter

Peter Parry writes:

Your rhetoric is let down by its meandering course and lack of
structure.

Obviously you would only be allowed to model the health aspects.

Why?...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Williams
Sixty and Just Starting.

Nick writes:

For me personally I like my saddle high enough so my knee is just
bent when at the bottom of its stroke, and the saddle fairly narrow,
and not too much...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Mark Williams
Are racing criminals involved in the most deaths?

{RBT restored}

AMuzi writes:

Have you ever seen a Highways Agency vehicle with big flashing arrows
and an enormous impact absorbing buffer? It not I suggest you
familiarise...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Mark Williams
Are long-distance bikes involved in the most deaths?

{RBT restored}

Simon Jester writes:

Then of what possible relevance is the length (or intended length) of
the journey?

Classic touring bikes like the Dawes Galaxy use...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Mark Williams
Are bike brakes involved in the most deaths?

{RBT restored}

JNugent writes:

I've noticed in your posts you seem to have a great deal of problems
with basic logic, particularly the universal and existential
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 208
Posted By Mark Williams
Are track bikes involved in the most deaths?

Frank Krygowski writes:

Not necessarily.
One can ride reasonably upright by placing one's hands above the
brake levers or near the handlebar stem.

Or on the...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Mark Williams
Cycling perspective ( 9 of 9 ) A Cyclist

(Ariel) writes:

[snip]
There are extrapolated to be [many] actual millions of people across
the UK who claim that they would cycle as transport but do not feel
safe on the...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Williams
If you ride on the footpath, don't hit a Mercedes

Peter Keller writes:

It sounds like SK needs a URL:http://www.cyclistsdefencefund.org.uk/!

So let us start a cyclistsdefencefund.org.sk :)

Well, it does work. I've...
Forum: Techniques August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 153
Posted By Mark Williams
Driver charged with criminal vehicular homicide in cycling death

Anonymous writes:

No, she douses them with `fresh' urine from her washer bottle. No joke.

Two rongs don't make a right.

First, he's a man.
Second, that's a glass of...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Mark Williams
Proof that 9/10 cats prefer cyclists

Judith writes:

Of course. My motor car, for one.

What is it a 2CV?

peterkeller
If I told you, you wouldn't believe me.
/peterkeller
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 310
Posted By Mark Williams
Segways

Peter Keller writes:

[one `valid' versus 999999 `fouled' = landslide winner with ~80%
`non-turnout']

A non-turnout is different from a fouled paper.
Non-turnout =...
Forum: UK August 30th 14, 07:56 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 310
Posted By Mark Williams
Segways

"Uncle Peter" writes:

Hello, Doug.

Welcome back.

Feeling better, I hope?

Whatever he had wrong with him has made him very pessimistic.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500